Home Forums Television Killing Eve to conclude with Season 4, Spring 2022

Killing Eve to conclude with Season 4, Spring 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 301 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
LA26
  • Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:

Pls not people actually putting this on Tower Bridge 💀

I contributed to the memorial at the Killing Eve exhibition in Liverpool 😛

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Llwelyn would have been a fab showrunner but I think after the quality of the last two seasons, it was a mercy that it ended where it did

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This may come off as unpopular but honestly they should have just finished off at season 3. Whilst I do think Llwellyn would have created a more thrilling season (even though it perhaps wasn’t the best choice creatively, that scene with Helene, Villanelle and Eve in the hotel room was the closest thing this season got to having the vibrance that made one glued to this show even if it wasn’t perfect), I still don’t think there was really any way to revisit this story or close it off in a more satisfying way than Villanelle and Eve ambiguously walking in different directions away from each other with where their end path is left to the viewer’s imagination. Because whilst not a firm conclusion it’s one that would have tied up perfectly narratively after the events of the first three seasons that led to Eve stabbing Villanelle, Villanelle shooting Eve after she rejects her romantic proposals of a life of leisure and crime together and both characters descending on two polar opposite narrative paths before meeting in the middle. What would happen to Eve now she’s walking away from the object of her obsession that led to the death of close friends and colleagues and her life to unravel and flip upside down? Does this pseudo-sexual experience continue to drive her down a darker path? Do her and Villanelle end up falling back in each other’s paths? Will Villanelle continues working for the 12, hunt them all down or now that she’s developed a sense of a moral compass just pack things in?

It’s not a perfect ending but for a show driven by obsession it would have been the right place to end with the thrill continuing on with whether and when the drive has concluded left up too the minds of a viewer who has stuck with the show for three years due to… being obsessed with and compelled by the dynamic between the two leads. The only direction to go if you’re trying to unpack an ending like that is by killing both characters off or letting them go off into a romantic relationship with each other and whilst those resolutions would have been better than the one Neal ended up putting out, personally neither would have been a satisfying conclusion to this saga.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

After watching Michaela Coel’s previous work, i believe she would have served as an amazing showrunner after season 2.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    theofficialnodafuefanaccount
    Topics:

After watching Michaela Coel’s previous work, i believe she would have served as an amazing showrunner after season 2.

Sure, but there was a MAJOR issue back then – and maybe now still (?) – for Michaela… She’s kinda too black for KE writers room.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

I’ve finally finished KE and the show has one of the worst endings ever made.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

So happy for her!

Also: Emily Blunt and John Krasinski recently saw the play:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Sure, but there was a MAJOR issue back then – and maybe now still (?) – for Michaela… She’s kinda too black for KE writers room.

??

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:

I’ve finally finished KE and the show has one of the worst endings ever made.

Sometimes I remember that stupid ending and I’m like

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MD
    Topics:
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Honestly the ending is so bad i want the show to be shut out completely just to set an example of you can’t pull fuckery like this and still be nominated. We’ve seen it but with more popular shows.

Emmy FYC:

Limited Series Lead Actor: Oscar Isaac (Scenes from a Marriage)
    Limited Series Lead Actress: Jessica Chastain (Scenes from a Marriage)

Maid in all categories (Especially Margaret Qualley)
    The Great in all categories (Especially Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and Writing)
    Better Call Saul in all categories
    Severance in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    123456grace
    Topics:

AMC is bidding goodbye to three of its iconic scripted originals next year, following the completion of Killing Eve. Better Call Saul, a precursor to Breaking Bad, will likely not return until next year for its sixth and final season, while The Walking Dead will end its run in late 2022 with its 11th season. Hundreds of film and television productions were halted because to the epidemic, including all three shows. Killing Eve’s fourth season was confirmed in January 2020, a year before the third season’s spring premiere.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Maya Rudolph Reveals She Was Offered Title Role of Eve Polastri in ‘Killing Eve’ and Turned It Down.

In a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter this week, released in anticipation of Rudolph’s new Apple TV+ series “Loot,” Rudolph talks about roles she’s turned down. One was the title role in the BBC dark comedy created by Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Rudolph said she was offered the role and would have immediately done it. “But there was no way I was about to move to Europe for months. Like, how?” Rudolph said in the interview.
    Though Rudolph had to turn down the role, she certainly doesn’t regret it.

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 301 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.