Home Forums Television Killing Eve to conclude with Season 4, Spring 2022

Killing Eve to conclude with Season 4, Spring 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 301 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
LA26
  • Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Phoebe why did you have to leave this show at the alter! God Damn It

I need Sandra to win 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

I am baffled by this episode. Why does Eve behave like that with Villanelle? The relationship had an upgrade last season, they acknowledged their mutual pining and they part ways graciously. Also this new obsession with faith on Villanelle’s side is almost too campy, but Jodie is fucking great as always. I’m so hoping she’ll find a big cinema project soon.

Jodie Comer supremacy

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: Our Flag Means Death, Severance in all categories;
    Fin Argus in Queer As Folk

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

I never thought anyone could do worse than Suzanne Heathcote yet somehow it happened. I’m utterly confused and bewildered by what I saw…doubting even Jesus(what was all that??) can save this season lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:

That Tammy Faye song came into my head as soon as I saw Villanelle as Jesus 😆

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

A show should never have a new showrunner every year. Just doesn’t work out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I think having a new show runner every year contributed to its drop in quality. I remember Jodie saying in an interview-before S4 started filming-that she felt Villanelle’s fire went out in later seasons.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ryan
    Topics:

A lot of the narrative choices in the first two episodes are baffling to say the least. I didn’t mind season 3 and I thought it had some pretty good parts but I’ll be surprised if I end up liking season 4 in the slightest at the rate it’s going.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

I just want Villaneve. Is it too much to ask?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    yabixz
    Topics:

Finally watched the first two episodes on amc+, Jodie was sensational in episode two. She always takes what she is given and makes so much more from it

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Glad to say episode 2 was much better than the first. It wasn’t perfect by any means (the Villanelle Jesus storyline was wacky if I was being nice) but I honestly enjoyed it. The sub-plots were much more interesting than they were in the previous episode and that scene with Camille Cottin and Sandra Oh at the end was delicious.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I thought Jodie did a great job playing Jesus Villanelle. It was weird but funny at the same time. I’m looking forward to seeing more of Camille Cottin this season. The scene between her and Sandra in episode 2 was really good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lulina
    Topics:

Hoping for the next episodes to be more entertaining. First one was low paced, the second one was better and Jodie nailed the Jesus alter ego of Villanelle.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Calliee
    Topics:

Errgh just finished ep 2 of this and such mixed feelings. On the upside I feel like the dialogue has definitely regained some of the spark of the early seasons – I definitely didn’t laugh out loud at season 3 but did several times at this. And the main three ladies are doing their damnest as always but wtf is going on with the plot?

The Eve life upgrade just feels like fan service at this point and entirely jarring with her arc in early seasons. I was so hopeful this season might finally be Sandra’s chance at the win but the writing is making her a one dimensional girl boss at this point. Yes Eve should be ‘unlikeble’ and selfish but season 1 and 2 Eve was also relatable, self-deprecating, impulsive. I just don’t get why you would make her into b-team Villanelle as if she wasn’t a compelling character in her own right?

I’m pretty sure about Jodie still getting the nom – pulling off the Jesus thing was just too flashy – but they really need to let Sandra add some depth again. Series is highly unlikely at this stage imo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

A miracle might have happened after all cause I really enjoyed the third episode. Finally getting some of the old vibe back.

Oh, Villanelle is wearing suits again and has truly never looked better.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That storyline with Helene’s ex was so campy lmao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 301 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.