Home Forums Television Obvious to Me, Long Shot to Everyone Else (2022 TV Winter Awards Edition)

Obvious to Me, Long Shot to Everyone Else (2022 TV Winter Awards Edition)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Manav
JV
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

SAG: Will Ferrell.

GG: They played safe last year, right? I think The Wonder Years will be the surprise nominee this time.

CC: They are the craziest brother. They’ve nominated Modern Family when the Emmys wasn’t caring about the show anymore and gave a (deserved) final nomination for Claire Danes in Homeland last year. What I think it will happen here:
    – A second nomination in David Makes Man for Drama Series;
    – Every main “Shadows” actor + Schaal will be nominated;
    – The Wonder Years nominated for Comedy Series;
    – Whilst Rose Matafeo will be snubbed for comedy actress, Emma Sidi will be nominated in supporting;
    – Bob Balaban will be nominated for “The Chair” and it’ll be the show only nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I’m not sure what mine would be. I guess I’ve been feeling that Oscar Isaac is disproportionately low on a lot of Emmys predictions lists. I think that if he wins at the Globes, SAG, and/or CC, which are all very possible, he’s win-competitive at the Emmys or at the very least top 5. But then again I’m very bias, as I need him to have something other than a Globe lol; I also understand the reservations about predicting him, as Scenes can very well be forgotten come next July, even if he sweeps the winter awards. But I don’t know, I just think he has a good chance.

FYC -
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, The Lost Daughter, Mass
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Fran Kranz
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Corey Hawkins, Jason Isaacs
    Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga, Kirsten Dunst, Rebecca Ferguson, Martha Plimpton, Ann Dowd
    O. Screenplay: Spencer, Mass
    A. Screenplay: The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter
    Score: Jonny Greenwood (Dog/Spencer)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Perhaps it’s just me but does anyone else feel like the buzz for this programme just keeps growing? I haven’t seen people stop talking about it and FX seem to have it as a campaign priority.

Reddit TV sub loves this show and they’re hard to please

(I also really like this show).

I don’t think any particular actor is the standout but I don’t think a program nom is out of the question. I’d be downright shocked if CCA didn’t nominate it and I think the writing’s quite strong

I think it’s diverse in all the best ways. It’s not trying to jam stories in to existing narratives, it’s opening up a part of the country people rarely get to see on scripted TV and opening up opportunities to actors who are under-represented.

I also think it’s kind of perfect for FX and might not work elsewhere, but it really fits the FX vibe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Agreed though Marvel show that will get a major studio push for Emmys will be Ms Marvel. It’s Feige’s pet D+ project and the character is poised to replace existing Captain Marvel at some point so expect a big campaign here.

Ms Marvel will supposedly come out in July. Moon Knight and She Hulk have wrapped filming recently (I think these two will be more different than the usual MCU by the numbers project).

Feige will announce the dates in November 12, but I honestly think Obi Wan will be Disney + biggest player.

She Hulk would be the biggest Marvel one IMO, because it will be basically a sitcom starring an Emmy winning actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Ms Marvel will supposedly come out in July. Moon Knight and She Hulk have wrapped filming recently (I think these two will be more different than the usual MCU by the numbers project).

I agree. I don’t think they’ll push Ms Marvel from an awards sense (though I agree it’s a pet project) Iman Vellani’s an unknown 19 year old with an unknown cast which would be extremely difficult.

I agree She-Hulk, Moon Knight, and Obi-Wan seem most likely in the next 12 months or so from Disney.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Annaleigh Ashford could get in at SAG over Beanie Feldstein and Sarah Paulson.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

gave a (deserved) final nomination for Claire Danes in Homeland last year.

This was such a wonderful surprise.Though Homeland may have dipped as a show , the awards snub for Claire Danes is inexcusable

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.