Home Forums Television Obvious to me, long shots to everyone else (2022 Emmys)

Obvious to me, long shots to everyone else (2022 Emmys)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

This season is well liked across the board coming

I don’t think this is true. Almost all online reaction I saw about the show agrees that besides the main couple of the season, everything is worse than season 1 (side characters plots).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

My bad I thought he wrote the pilot… It may be more difficult because lone writing noms are easier to get than directing ones.

He did co-write the Reservation Dogs pilot though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I don’t think this is true. Almost all online reaction I saw about the show agrees that besides the main couple of the season, everything is worse than season 1 (side characters plots).

Season 2 has a higher audience score on RT and the episodes are rated higher on IMDb.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Season 2 has a higher audience score on RT and the episodes are rated higher on IMDb.

Maybe it were just book fan opinion than, read a lot of complains about this annoying sister plot created for the show. In the website I use to track what I watched season 2 score is lower so this plus the fan reaction I readed in the last day, I believed it was well liked.

But even if it was more liked than season 1, it’s not that higher. RT score have half the votes and in IMDB the score isn’t great either. So it wasn’t exactly well liked, even with some people enjoying more.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Personally, I have seen many more people enjoy this season after loathing or being indifferent to the first one. I agree it is probably a book fan thing since they seem to have changed quite a few things this time around. Though for the better I must say. It’s also based on the most loved book in the fandom so I can see why there might be pushback.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I don’t know many people who watch it but the few who do have all said this season is decidedly worse than the previous season and that the book is significantly better.

It’s not a show I will ever watch but I’ve soon mostly negative reactions to it outside of this place like on reddit and Twitter too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I can’t really see Netflix getting 4 shows.

Same. One will miss. Emmy voters aren’t going to give Netflix half the nominations. The most they have (or any network/streamer) has received is 3 nominations in Drama Series. If Netflix does achieve this, I believe there will be a backlash from other companies that will lead to juried nominations.

Most likely to miss: Bridgerton
    Next likely: Stranger Things

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Bridgerton season 1 was mid pandemic fluff for the soul that also happened to be a virtual water cooler moment bringing us all together. Season 2 is just the fluff minus the relevance or significance. I think it’s too basic for the Academy to get anything ATL although they might throw it a golden glob or critics choice.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

The brazilian fans of the books were indeed REALLY fuming with this season. But I think worldwide at least 90% of the people who watch Bridgerton haven’t read anything and most of them seem to have enjoyed it quite a bit, that’s why the grades on imdb and rotten are this high.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Both of Kaitlyn Dever and Andie MacDowell could end up being the Bill Camp and Marielle Heller of this year and miss in favour of Rosario Dawson and Anika Noni Rose.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At this point I think considering it’s immense popularity, guild performance and how so many different Emmy contending performers who has done an FYC interview this season have mentioned that their comfort/favourite binge of the year was The White Lotus and this field is so split in the middle, I think it’s quite possible (dare I say even likely) that the show will pull in a When They See Us/Hamilton-esque nominations haul in the supporting categories.

However I would be very surprised if Jake Lacy comes along for the ride. It’s not something that I think is necessarily impossible, he does seem to have amassed a lot of industry goodwill these past few years and his performance is very good, but I just feel like his role is one that we’ve seen voters in the actors branch feel very ambivalent about even in spite of how strong a show may be in actors branch support (Phil Dunster last year in Ted Lasso, Michael Zeagan in Maisel, Vincent Kartheiser in Mad Men, Matt Czuchry in The Good Wife etc). It wouldn’t surprise me if The White Lotus not only gets three supporting women in and he misses the nod but also if Steve Zahn gets in over him in supporting actor due to being the first name on the ballot for half of these voters alphabetically and because of how tied his character is to Britton’s.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Topics:

maybe not so obvious given she already missed when her last show overperformed but daisy edgar jones is most likely happening in whichever category she gets placed in. between normal people and now she’s the one that exploded, instead of paul, she’s also about to be everywhere and if the show does well on noms day she’s gonna show up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

I might jinx it by putting it out there, but I really think Odenkirk has a shot at winning Lead Actor with Succession vote-splitting and Squid Game fading.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I might jinx it by putting it out there, but I really think Odenkirk has a shot at winning Lead Actor with Succession vote-splitting and Squid Game fading.

How did you come to the conclusion that Squid Game is fading ?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I might jinx it by putting it out there, but I really think Odenkirk has a shot at winning Lead Actor with Succession vote-splitting and Squid Game fading.

???

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.