Home Forums Television Obvious to me, long shots to everyone else (2022 Emmys)

Obvious to me, long shots to everyone else (2022 Emmys)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I might jinx it by putting it out there, but I really think Odenkirk has a shot at winning Lead Actor with Succession vote-splitting and Squid Game fading.

How does he go from not even being strong enough to get nominated for S5 to winning for S6?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

How does he go from not even being strong enough to get nominated for S5 to winning for S6?

People see what they want to see. Same with the Seehorn nom predictions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Elisabeth Moss in S4 of The Handmaid’s Tale is such an easy precedence as to why Bob Odenkirk will likely not win for this season of Better Call Saul. Moss was in a show that exploded within the acting branch after an underperformance from the previous season (where Moss missed), yet was unable to overcome the Lead Actress from the series winner The Crown even though there was a vote split scenario there. Same with Odenkirk, I don’t see him surpassing the Succession Leads even with them vote splitting and certainly not Lee Jung-Jae who won SAG for a foreign language Television performance in a pop cultural phenomenon which isn’t a small feat. Not to mention I don’t think Better Call Saul is going to get even 1/3 of the 10 acting nominations which The Handmaid’s Tale S4 got. And that too without saying that Elisabeth Moss and The Handmaid’s Tale are shows/performers that have already won previously. Sure the field was weak last year, but it’s hard to say a show will suddenly win for its Lead Actor after having not even a single win at the Primetime Emmys for its previous seasons (the current record is 0/21). If you count out Short Form wins, Better Call Saul hasn’t even won a single creative art Emmy as well. 

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EviAdd711
    Topics:

Tramell Tillman wins Drama Supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Tramell Tillman wins Drama Supporting.

Wouldn’t hate it. Still think Turturro takes the prize.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marinez
    Topics:

Wonder if Her buzz regarding Belfast this year will somehow help Caitriona Balfe’s chances for a nomination here? At least people know her more now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Donald Glover could be the Bob Odenkirk of this year and miss for both of Anthony Anderson and Nicholas Hoult.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

Donald Glover could be the Bob Odenkirk of this year and miss for both of Anthony Anderson and Nicholas Hoult.

Just got caught up on Atlanta S3 and it definitely feels like the tech branches, writers and directors will prioritise the show more than the actors this time around. The main cast are still excellent but the buzziest episodes so far have been the anthology ones. I’d be surprised if it repeated its S2 acting haul of Glover/Henry/Beetz and a guest.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mandy Moore and Britt Lower are win competitive for drama actress if they get nominated.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    HattieCoffman
    Topics:

Thanks for the info. I was looking for it online but can’t find it anywhere. Recently, I was searching for https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/finance website online and while searching for it online I found this post and I am really very happy after finding your post.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Carl Clemons-Hopkins is retaining their nomination.

I was gobsmacked to still see them at number freaking 21 in the prediction odds. Yes, they got in last year because it was such a dead category but they’ve got a killer tape this year and perfectly fit the mold of second season uptick performer nom. Most of here are in agreement that Hacks is top 2 for Series and a potential winner, why would CCH be dropped in that scenario.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MrAmerica
    Topics:

I continue to be shocked by the lack of love for Veronica Falcon in Ozark. Did we watch the same finale? She should be a lock for a nom in that category, even with all of the competition.

Also confused why some folks are floating Phillipa Soo for a nomination for Dopesick, but no mention at all of Mare Winningham.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

The Morning Show really shouldn’t be sitting at 100/1 for series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hacks is getting at least one additional supporting acting nomination this time round.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Under the Banner of Heaven will underperform on Nominations day

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.