Home Forums Television Obvious to me, longshots to everyone else (2022/23 Television Winter Awards)

Obvious to me, longshots to everyone else (2022/23 Television Winter Awards)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Drama King

• braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Two months have past since the 74th Emmy ceremony, SAG & Globe Television prediction centres are open and studios have started FYC ads and screenings for the upcoming awards cycle.

What do think will do well (and flop) with SAG (and other guilds) Guilds, Golden Globes, AFI, Critics Choice and Critics year end lists etc?

Comment and discuss what you feel is obvious to you when you’re predicting the upcoming season that others might not be seeing.

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

House of the Dragon is being overestimated at the Globes. It travels well but this group of people have never been keen on the Thrones-franchise.

Yellowstone is far more likely to repeat at SAG than it is breakout at the Globes.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

The English is win competitive for the limited series Globe (if it gets nominated).

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Pachinko isn’t locked, but it should probably be in fourth rn. Thinking all these merely good genre shows have a better chance than it for a nomination by an international awards body is ludicrous.

Top Ten 2022 Films:
    1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
    2. The Fabelmans
    3. The Banshees of Inisherin
    4. The Batman
    5. TAR
    6. Top Gun: Maverick
    7. Bros
    8. The Woman King
    9. Elvis
    10. The Menu

ReplyCopy URL

Drama King
    Topics:

Reboot is an industry favorite and has way better chances at nominations than the odds would indicate.

ReplyCopy URL

Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Reboot is an industry favorite and has way better chances at nominations than the odds would indicate.

Bad Sisters as well.

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

House of the Dragon is being overestimated at the Globes. It travels well but this group of people have never been keen on the Thrones-franchise.

On the flip side of this, Abbott doesn’t naturally travel well (I’m not entirely sure why). I don’t expect it to miss for a number of reasons,  but I won’t be shocked if they’re slightly less enamoured than we think (i.e less supporting noms).

ReplyCopy URL

Jays
    Topics:

Sharon Horgan in drama actress and Bad Sisters in drama series, with the former being more likely and kind of comfortably in for me.

ReplyCopy URL

Maz
    Topics:

Industry might surprise at the Golden Globes, and get nominations in best drama,best actress and best supporting actor (Ken Russell), all depending if HFPA members watched the second season.

ReplyCopy URL

mariogomez
    Topics:

Samantha Morton is a logical choice to me, but long shot for everyone. I think is happening.

Walter Hauser winning for Black Bird.

House of The Dragon getting only one acting nomination and getting snubbed for series for having the same stuff has GOT (nothing new)

Pachinko for Drama series and Minha Kim being nominated for Best Drama Actress (last year we saw HFPA association going international nominating critical acclaim Squid Game and Lupin, and the two leads for each series, so I expect them to do the same here with Pachinko)

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I feel like House of The Dragon underperforming is one of those things that’s more obvious the closer you follow awards, but seems logical to a casual observer?

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel really should not be sitting outside of the overall odds for SAG when it got 4 nominations and won comedy ensemble and actor over Barry and Fleabag the last time it competed.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.