Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2022 TV Nominations Reactions

SAG Awards 2022 TV Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 362 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Skaarsgard role was more baitier tho, and the season was basically around him and who murdered him, unlike Zabel’s story which is only being a tool to Winslet’s Mare story.

This is true. Well we’ll get to know for sure only on 28th Feb

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Is Jean Smart the shoe-in we think she is at SAG? I feel Ted Lasso is the kind of show which has been watched by all and the AFTRA members might go all in for it. I actually think Hannah Waddingham is really close and might survive vote split with Juno Temple. Smart’s nod for Mare is the only thing convincing me to keep her at 1.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Smart winning everything isn’t convincing?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Is Jean Smart the shoe-in we think she is at SAG? I feel Ted Lasso is the kind of show which has been watched by all and the AFTRA members might go all in for it. I actually think Hannah Waddingham is really close and might survive vote split with Juno Temple. Smart’s nod for Mare is the only thing convincing me to keep her at 1.

I agree with your logic but I (personally) think the fact they nominated Juno means they have seen it and she won’t survive a vote split.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Culkin was always top 3 in the Emmy race. The SAG nomination likely makes him the frontrunner. And that’s coming from someone who prefers Macfadyen. Still love Culkin on the show though.

I still think Billy Crudup is the front runner in Supporting Actor

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I still think Billy Crudup is the front runner in Supporting Actor

Given how strong they were on The Morning Show, Crudup could definitely happen

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

The double nod proves Smart’s popularity, does it not? I think her “Hacks” win will be one of the easiest wins to call of the ceremony. Temple takes just enough votes away from Waddingham, no Einbinder around, Fanning weakened without corresponding Hoult nomination, sole nod for Oh, etc.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

People use the concept of vote split so egregiously why the hell would Smart vote split with herself or Winslet

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If voters really were unsure of which role to award Smart for then Kaley would have won the Emmy lol.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Ted Lasso is a juggernaut, but it has also stumbled with wins enough times that I don’t see it going three for three at SAG. Smart will easily win over Waddingham, and still would be even if Temple wasn’t there.

(Also, I’m so so thrilled about Temple’s SAG nomination! It was such a delightful, deserved surprise!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s also worth mentioning that whilst Hacks isn’t a massive audience hit, it’s had an incredible performance with the industry awards. It won both writing and directing at the Emmys, maxed out in acting in spite of being a new show that debuted a few weeks before the Emmy deadline, won the Globe, will probably win WGA and DGA…

SAG do generally tend to go for the more popular stuff that is true but their nominations and wins aren’t always so disconnected from the overall industry consensus. Fosse/Verdon won both of its acting categories here (one of which over the Emmy winner in a massive Netflix hit) after having a similarly unprecedented performance with industry awards bodies.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

It’s also worth mentioning that whilst Hacks isn’t a massive audience hit, it’s had an incredible performance with the industry awards. It won both writing and directing at the Emmys, maxed out in acting in spite of being a new show that debuted a few weeks before the Emmy deadline, won the Globe, will probably win WGA and DGA… SAG do generally tend to go for the more popular stuff that is true but their nominations and wins aren’t always so disconnected from the overall industry consensus. Fosse/Verdon won both of its acting categories here (one of which over the Emmy winner in a massive Netflix hit) after having a similarly unprecedented performance with industry awards bodies.

Being The Ricardos also doing great in the Oscar season shows that a project about the industry or people working in the industry should never be underestimated and will more than likely be embraced by award bodies.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Being The Ricardos also doing great in the Oscar season shows that a project about the industry or people working in the industry should never be underestimated and will more than likely be embraced by award bodies.

Exactly.

I mean even look at something like Halston. In spite of it not being a very big audience hit, McGregor still won the Emmy and the show still received four other nominations. For all we know it could have been the show that was sixth in limited series at the Emmys this year.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

so micheal keaton is the one who will take the  sag ?? so Evan Peters is having the Jharrel Jerome treatement taking the emmy ,  snubbed at the globes and not getting the sag i do think if Kate Winslet takes the sag , Evan will take kinda like Alexander took it

note : ass  much i love evan peters if his category was competive at the emmys like in 2019  he wouldn’t even got into it , his competitions were newcomers and first time nominees who didn’t take any winter award

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Hacks is giving me Fleabag 2.0 at SAG it was a huge critics favorite and won multiple big Emmys but it lost ensemble to Maisel because it had 3 individual nominations and a bigger cast not to mention that Lasso got 4 acting noms at SAG and Hacks only 1 similar to Schitt’s and Lasso a year ago.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 362 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.