Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2022 TV Nominations Reactions

SAG Awards 2022 TV Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 506 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
Manav
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Versace would have won Ensemble over Sharp Object

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Escape at Dannemora would probably also have been a likelier ensemble winner than Sharp Objects as well.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Leiylna Ana
    Topics:

The underperformance of impreachemt at the winter awards especially sag means probably none of the actors would get nominated at the Emmys maybe Sarah could suprise but don’t know

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I doubt it. Sharp Objects under-performed at the winter awards and actors didn’t seem to care for Chernobyl as much as they did When They See Us and Fosse/Verdon.

I think the Emmy losses had seriously hindered any momentum WTSU had for it to win a major prize like SAG, evidenced by it getting only Jerome in at SAG and still not winning, its WGA snub etc. The industry was high on Chernobyl at that time so I would think it would be between it or F/V.

Emmy noms aren’t exactly representative of SAG support these days seeing how The Crown S3 won ensemble but then only got 2 acting noms at the Emmys, GoT and THT never won despite a truckload of noms so the Emmy noms aren’t a significant advantage in the end imo.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think the Emmy losses had seriously hindered any momentum WTSU had for it to win a major prize like SAG, evidenced by it getting only Jerome in at SAG and still not winning, its WGA snub etc. The industry was high on Chernobyl at that time so I would think it would be between it or F/V. Emmy noms aren’t exactly representative of SAG support these days seeing how The Crown S3 won ensemble but then only got 2 acting noms at the Emmys, GoT and THT never won despite a truckload of noms so the Emmys noms aren’t a significant advantage in the end imo.

Good point. I guess my scepticism was more with Chernobyl taking it than anything else considering Harris couldn’t win over Rockwell at SAG. Although then again Chernobyl is a more ensemble driven show than Fosse/Verdon so who knows.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I doubt it. Sharp Objects under-performed at the winter awards and actors didn’t seem to care for Chernobyl as much as they did When They See Us and Fosse/Verdon.

I absolutely understand what you’re trying to say and I genuinely think Fosse/Verdon could have won (that’s why I wrote “Maybe” with Chernobyl) but as Couverture said, Chernobyl continued to remain a juggernaut post the Emmys with wins for Skaarsgard at many places and sweeping the series wins. I think we could have seen a The Crown S1/Stranger Things scenario where Fosse/Verdon wins both male and female but Chernobyl wins the Ensemble.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

You’re right. I absolutely forgot about Versace.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s separate from the Emmys discussion but I have to say I’m somewhat surprised Stellan Skarsgard managed to get in at BAFTA with the jury whilst Emily Watson of all people missed.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

It’s separate from the Emmys discussion but I have to say I’m somewhat surprised Stellan Skarsgard managed to get in at BAFTA with the jury whilst Emily Watson of all people missed.

Honestly it’s not all that surprising. Skarsgard had many excellent moments and his screentime dwarfed Watson’s. His Scherbina also dominated the second,third and fourth episodes in the scenes he was in while Watson had a relatively subdued role and less screentime. I’ve seen many reviews naming Skarsgard as the best performance in Chernobyl but very few (if any) reviews mentioned Watson as the standout. Buckley also might have been a factor in Watson considering that Watson’s screentime increased at the expense of the decrease in Buckley’s screentime.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Mildred Pierce

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Just for the sake of nerdness, these are the performers nominated in the casts.

Drama Ensemble:
    The Handmaid’s Tale: Alexis Bledel, Madeline Brewer, Amanda Brugel, Ann Dowd, O. T. Fagbenle, Joseph Fiennes, Sam Jaeger, Max Minghella, Elisabeth Moss, Yvonne Strahovski, Bradley Whitford, Samira Wiley

The Morning Show: Jennifer Aniston, Shari Belafonte, Eli Bildner, Néstor Carbonell, Steve Carell, Billy Crudup, Mark Duplass, Amber Friendly, Janina Gavankar, Valeria Golino, Tara Karsian, Hannah Leder, Greta Lee, Julianna Margulies, Joe Marinelli, Michelle Meredith, Ruairi O’Connor, Joe Pacheco, Karen Pittman, Victoria Tate, Desean Terry, Reese Witherspoon

Squid Game: Heo Sung-tae, Jun Young-soo, HoYeon Jung, Kim Joo-ryoung, Lee Byung-hun, Lee Jung-jae, O Yeong-su, Park Hae-soo, Anupam Tripathi, and Wi Ha-joon

Succession: Nicholas Braun, Juliana Canfield, Brian Cox, Kieran Culkin, Dagmara Domińczyk, Peter Friedman, Jihae, Justine Lupe, Matthew Macfadyen, Dasha Nekrasova, Scott Nicholson, David Rasche, Alan Ruck, J. Smith-Cameron, Sarah Snook, Fisher Stevens, Jeremy Strong, and Zoë Winters

Yellowstone: Kelsey Asbille, Wes Bentley, Ryan Bingham, Gil Birmingham, Ian Bohen, Eden Brolin, Kevin Costner, Hugh Dillon, Luke Grimes, Hassie Harrison, Cole Hauser, Jennifer Landon, Finn Little, Brecken Merrill, Will Patton, Piper Perabo, Kelly Reilly, Denim Richards, Taylor Sheridan, Forrie J. Smith, and Jefferson White

Comedy Ensemble:

The Great: Julian Barratt, Belinda Bromilow, Sacha Dhawan, Elle Fanning, Phoebe Fox, Bayo Gbadamosi, Adam Godley, Douglas Hodge, Nicholas Hoult, Florence Keith-Roach, Gwilym Lee, and Charity Wakefield

Hacks: Rose Abdoo, Carl Clemons-Hopkins, Paul W. Downs, Hannah Einbinder, Mark Indelicato, Poppy Liu, Christopher McDonald, Jean Smart, and Megan Stalter

The Kominsky Method: Jenna Lyng Adams, Sarah Baker, Casey Thomas Brown, Michael Douglas, Lisa Edelstein, Ashleigh LaThrop, Emily Osment, Haley Joel Osment, Paul Reiser, Graham Rogers, Melissa Tang, and Kathleen Turner

Only Murders in the Building: Aaron Dominguez, Selena Gomez, Jackie Hoffman, Jayne Houdyshell, Steve Martin, Amy Ryan, and Martin Short

Ted Lasso: Annette Badland, Kola Bokinni, Phil Dunster, Cristo Fernández, Brett Goldstein, Brendan Hunt, Toheeb Jimoh, Nick Mohammed, Sarah Niles, Jason Sudeikis, Jeremy Swift, Juno Temple and Hannah Waddingham

Biggest misses are probably Kaitlin Olson in Hacks, Saana Lathan in Succession and Billy Harris in Ted Lasso.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sanaaa Lathan and Billy Harris I assume aren’t contracted as main players on their shows (well we know Lathan definitely wasn’t) but I’m confused why Kaitlin Olson isn’t included in Hacks‘ ensemble nomination when Rose Abdoo, Mark Indelicato, Poppy Liu, Christopher McDonald and Meg Stalter all are. What is SAG’s rule on screen time?

FYC:

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

What is SAG’s rule on screen time?

It’s by number of episodes. To be eligible she needed to be in at least 4 episodes, she’s in 5. I guess maybe they forgot to include her?

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Joe Langer
    Topics:

Nominations copied from Variety.

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Limited Series

Murray Bartlett (“The White Lotus”)

Oscar Isaac (“Scenes From a Marriage”)

Michael Keaton (“Dopesick”)

Ewan McGregor (“Halston”)

Evan Peters (“Mare of Easttown”)

This is a tough category for me to vote. I removed Keaton because he was good but I found the show overrated. Murray bartlett was really good in the white lotus but I think the whole cast was equally good and Coolidge was the only one who stood out to me. That leaves Oscar isaac,Evan peters and Ewan mcgregor. I eliminated Peters because though I loved his show, his performance felt pale at times infront of Kate. Ewan was terrific in Halston bur Oscar isaac was even better. One of my friends suggested to me to watch scenes from a marriage and I’m really glad I did. It was a fantastic show and both the leads gave their career best work. I’m disappointed Jessica is not nominated.

My vote will be for- Oscar Isaac (“Scenes From a Marriage”)

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Limited Series

Jennifer Coolidge (“The White Lotus”)

Cynthia Erivo (“Genius: Aretha”)

Margaret Qualley (“Maid”)

Jean Smart (“Mare of Easttown”)

Kate Winslet (“Mare of Easttown”)

This is the category I feel really bad because there is no doubt as to who I am voting for  but I think all gave sensational performances and in any other category would have been favourites of mine. Coolidge was the best part of her series and Cynthia was so much better than Hudson as Aretha. I watched Maid recently and Margaret qualley was so good, it’s a shame I can’t vote for her. Jean was good in Mare (I’ll vote for her in Comedy actress instead of Juno temple) but Kate gave an all time performance. She carried the whole show and created a character who had so many layers. She’s one of the greatest actresses working today and this is something really new from her. She’s easily winning with the whole industry behind her at the moment. Great category.

My vote will be for-Kate Winslet (“Mare of Easttown”)

Member of the Screen Actors Guild. Inducted in 1999.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Loving the Oscar Isaac vote. Wonder if he could win.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2022 TV Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.