Home Forums Television SAG Awards 2022 TV Nominations Reactions

SAG Awards 2022 TV Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 506 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
Manav
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

IMO opinion they should give SAG Actress to Moss. Will they? Probably not.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m hoping SAG doesn’t translate that much to Emmys because God, how i want Macfadyen to be in a win position, but right now it’s looking like Culkin is the choice (he was very good also).

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I’m hoping SAG doesn’t translate that much to Emmys because God, how i want Macfadyen to be in a win position, but right now it’s looking like Culkin is the choice (he was very good also).

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

IMO opinion they should give SAG Actress to Moss. Will they? Probably not.

Without a doubt. Seven solo noms and not a single victory so far. Moss is just incredibly overdue, and it’s not like she doesn’t have the performance to back it up — S4 is the best work she’s done on this show (IMO of course). I still hope the lineup breaks her way somehow, but I still believe Aniston will repeat.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Without a doubt. Seven solo noms and not a single victory so far. Moss is just incredibly overdue, and it’s not like she doesn’t have the performance to back it up — S4 is the best work she’s done on this show (IMO of course). I still hope the lineup breaks her way somehow, but I still believe Aniston will repeat.

Preaching to the converted here Luca.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I think Moss has a far stronger chance this time round compared to 2019 (when Aniston won) because:

(A) Witherspoon is nominated along with Aniston and a vote split is imminent (Aniston might overcome it though if SAG goes full onboard with TMS). Witherspoon here isn’t a Jean Smart Mare Of Easttown type nomination,rather she is more of a Juno Temple Ted Lasso type nomination in the sense that there is some passion for her performance and she will take away quite a good number of votes.

(B) Sarah Snook is very much possible but she has mostly underperformed (except GG) where Succession on the whole hasn’t. Even though people are calling her the MVP of this season, she lost AACTA (an award she should have won if there was undeniable passion for her performance) and although that might partly be because of Winslet’s undeniably huge momentum, it is also an indication that there is some sort of passion gap between the show and her performance (which isn’t visible on social media). Also many voters might just vote for Succession in Ensemble to reward Snook and other supporting actors of Succession.

(C) Ho-Yeon Jung is a wild card here. The strength of her show is visible (it got 4 SAG Noms) and while many consider her the highlight of her show, the ensemble in Squid Game clearly stands out more than the individuals and it is the prime kind of show which wins no solo awards but takes Ensemble (aka Stranger Things). There’s also a factor that she’s completely unknown to them outside of Squid Game and we know SAG leans towards familiar faces (unless the passion is undeniable which isn’t in case of Ho-Yeon Jung).

(D) As illustrated from the above examples, Moss has a really strong chance because (1) her show made ensemble and is showing up at more guilds than any other Drama Show from 2021, so there is still a passion behind the show (2) Moss’ perfomance in S4 is seen as a career high for her and it is clearly the most watched and liked season since S1 which would really help her (3) Overdue Narrative might be a factor (4) Moss is a veteran (5) This is a converse Ho-Yeon Jung instance where the individual performance of Moss inspires more passion than the show itself (6) Moss is the face of her show and if they want to reward the show for a resurgent season, rewarding her might be thought by some to be a reward for the whole show.

Sorry it’s too long.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

As soon as I opened this thread,I saw an FYC Ad for Jean Smart for Mare Of Easttown. Which I think is really really stupid of HBO to do.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

might partly be because of Winslet’s undeniably huge momentum, it is also an indication that there is some sort of passion gap between the show and her performance (which isn’t visible on social media).

I think there is a very plausible situation where women, particularly younger women, vote for Snook (well, Shiv) but not men, and women are probably not watching Succession as much en-masse.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Sarah Snook is very much possible but she has mostly underperformed

How has Sarah underperformed? The only award she lost was AACTA and has been nominated everywhere

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

How has Sarah underperformed? The only award she lost was AACTA and has been nominated everywhere

2020 Golden Globes
    (Succession,Cox won but Snook not even nominated)

2020 Emmys
    (Succession,Strong won but Snook lost to Garner)

2020 Critics Choice (Succession,Strong won but Snook lost to King)

2020 Satellite Awards
    (Succession,Strong won but Snook not even nominated)

2022 AACTA
    (Succession won but Snook lost to Winslet)

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

2020 Golden Globes (Succession,Cox won but Snook not even nominated) 2020 Emmys (Succession,Strong won but Snook lost to Garner) 2020 Critics Choice (Succession,Strong won but Snook lost to King) 2020 Satellite Awards (Succession,Strong won but Snook not even nominated)

I don’t think is relevant to consider what happened during 2020,  the cast was still trying to find their ground awards-wise, plenty of them were snubbed (i’m looking at you SAG), the show became strong when the Emmy noms were announced.

This year the show is getting more support, especially for the cast, 4 of them got GG/CC/SAG with Snook and Strong also getting AACTA and Satellite nods, honestly she’s in a much better place this year.

I don’t have her winning the Emmy this year (mostly because everyone agrees Garner is undeniable) but imo she’s not underperforming, if she loses everything during winter season then yes, she underperformed.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Snook hasn’t been under-performing at all (she won the Globe over Coolidge and Waddingham!)

I do understand the scepticism behind her though with Bateman beating O’Connor last year.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Succession’s season 3 awards run is not up to comparison to the other seasons run. It’s just on a whole other league.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Copy of the television categories in the SAG ballot shared by Joe on the Film Side.

Drama

The new season of the Morning Show sucks. Succession is good and so is Yellowstone. I’ve voted for The handmaids tale before so I’ll vote for Squid game in Ensemble because it’s such a diverse groundbreaking deserving cast in which it’s difficult to pick out a standout. I’ll also vote for Kieran culkin because he’s the best in the show and so is Snook. But Moss is even better and this season is like a really solid one.

Votes- Squid Game, Kieran Culkin, Elisabeth Moss

Comedy

What is the Kominsky Method doing here. The show is unfunny and the season is not that good. Hacks is good but I found it too similar to Kaling’s Late night which I preferred. Also it’s a two women show for the most part. I’ve never exactly liked The great and Only murders in the Building is really good but Ted Lasso is phenomenal. The cast is the best and everyone is at their best. The show has such a good message. Sudeikis is the easy vote in actor. No one comes close. I really liked Smart but I found her co star better and I wish she was also here. Temple and Oh are good but Waddingham is so consistent and so good. This is a vote for her for both seasons.

Vote- Ted Lasso, Jason Sudeikis, Hannah Waddingham

Limited

Keaton’s show is not that good and Bartlett really pissed me off when his predatory character literally shits on a luggage. McGregor was very good but the show had too many problems. Isaac was terrific and absolutely should get a win but I’m leaning towards the subtle heartbreaking perfomance of Peters. His character is so relatable yet so not relatable and the way he brings warmth and vulnerability to it is phenomenal. Speaking of bringing warmth, what Winslet did in the show is legendary. I was never really been a big fan of Winslet but her perfomances in Ammonite and this show are pure acting masterclasses. I nominated her for the Oscar last year but I guess the academy loves shouting screaming “look I’m acting” performances over subtle gems. Mare is probably her Greatest performance and probably one of the greatest performances in television history and this is coming from someone who wasn’t really a big fan of hers a year before. I have lost a near one and her role really resonated with me and when she speaks to the therapist I was literally sobbing. I did not like Coolidge at all and her show was too self indulgent. Smart in place of Julianne nicholson is just old voters going mad. Qualley was so great and I am eager to see her in future works but what she does in Maid shows how much potential she has. Erivo was good but the show wasn’t.

Vote- Kate Winslet, Evan Peters

Stunts- No time to die, Squid Game

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Keaton’s show is not that good and Bartlett really pissed me off when his predatory character literally shits on a luggage

These are silly reasons to not vote for performances.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘SAG Awards 2022 TV Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.