Home Forums Television SAG 2023 Television Predictions

SAG 2023 Television Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 506 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor

• wolfali
    Topics:

can’t find a reason to a why White would get in, someone please convince me that he’s happening.

He could easily miss (FX has consistently under-performed here after all) but I just feel like The Bear is the I May Destroy You of this season where there’s so much passion for it, and for its central performance, that it makes it in in spite of the setbacks it faces from being an unknown quantity. The fact that White was on a show that these voters gave awards to (albeit for one performer) helps imo.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Victor
    Topics:

He could easily miss (FX has consistently under-performed here after all) but I just feel like The Bear is the I May Destroy You of this season where there’s so much passion for it, and for its central performance, that it makes it in in spite of the setbacks it faces from being an unknown quantity. The fact that White was on a show that these voters gave awards to (albeit for one performer) helps imo.

Who to drop tho, TJW and Shalhoub makes so much sense.
    Yikes, this is difficult.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

Heptapod
    Topics:

I doubt Williams gets in. Brunson losing Actress proves that the actors aren’t quite as gaga for Abbott as a lot of people thought they’d be, and SAG hasn’t been all that into network comedies lately: no individual Braugher or Samberg nod for B99, NEVER giving Parks and Rec an ensemble nod and inconsistent recognition for Poehler, completely blanking The Good Place for its entire run.

Abbott is obviously stronger than all those examples, and it is definitely getting into Ensemble. I’d be really shocked to see it miss Actress entirely (though I can imagine a surprise scenario where only one of Brunson or Ralph makes it in), but Actor feels like a bit of reach, especially when Only Murders, Barry, and Ted Lasso all have multiple viable names in contention, and Jeremy Allen White has one of the most hyped new performances of the year (the inescapable memes of him on Twitter can’t be hurting either).

However, I was doubtful of Williams’ chances at the Emmys too, and that turned out well, so who knows.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

wolfali
    Topics:

NEVER giving Parks and Rec an ensemble nod

A crime against humanity.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Ryusei
    Topics:

There is simply no reason for it to miss when it has done so great nominations-wise at the Emmys. It even has the edge over returning contenders like Stranger Things and The Handmaid’s Tale.

I mean what reason was there for Mrs Maisel to miss for season 1 or for Succession season 2? Sometimes SAG just doesn’t make sense.

FYC Everywhere even for people to just watch the show:
    This Is Going To Hurt
    Ben Whishaw
    Ambika Mod

wolfali
    Topics:

I mean what reason was there for Mrs Maisel to miss for season 1 or for Succession season 2? Sometimes SAG just doesn’t make sense.

Both were underseen and hadn’t broken through with actors at the Emmys yet. Severance is neither.

Victor
    Topics:

Are the White Lotus cast getting moved to drama here on the prediction center?

wolfali
    Topics:

Not The Afterparty being in 8th and ahead of Dead to Me in the predictions centre odds 💀.

estrelas
    Topics:

Not The Afterparty being in 8th and ahead of Dead to Me in the predictions centre odds 💀.

Can’t believe people are that delusional. Not only was the show a tank at the Emmys but its lead has tons of controversy rn. It’s not going anywhere lmao. 💀

lenatroid
    Topics:

TV Comedy Actress is somewhat a perplexing race. You have Jean Smart, who we all know is locked for the win; then you have the entire Abbott Elementary cast, Quinta, Janelle, and Sheryl (Lisa doesn’t stand a chance, albeit, she is worthy of recognition). With S2 airing during voting, this will inevitably increase all their chances of being nominated, however, there is one thing that I’m hesitant about; with all 3 actresses delivering solid performances, there is a certainty that one of them will miss. Initially, I would’ve chosen Sheryl, but with the Emmy win, it seems increasingly likely that Janelle could be the one to miss. Ted Lasso is looking like it’ll miss eligibility, so that leaves Rachel, Christina, Kaley, Selena, Linda, and Alex who are in ‘lead’?

Mrs Maisel S4 was underwhelming, to say the least, but both Rachel and Alex have previous; the same goes for Christina and Linda and although Dead To Me will premiere right before voting, the 2 1/2 gap between releases could potentially hinder their chances. Kaley benefited from recency bias with her being the only acting nom for TFA and the show only receiving 3 nominations, it seems that it could fly under the radar. Then there’s Selena, who was snubbed from practically everywhere besides Critic’s Choice. I initially didn’t think she would end up being nominated, although she did have the HCA win, it just didn’t seem likely. However, the more I think about it, the more I’ve questioned it. This season of Only Murders revolves around Mabel, especially Episode 1 and then 6-10 being very prominent for her. With the recent announcement that her documentary will premiere at AFI Fest in November, I think that could potentially benefit her; with the acclaim that she, Steve, and Martin received from S2 and with them being called a highlight from presenting at the Emmys, I could see a world in which she is nominated, but it would be incredibly easy for a snub as well. We all know how difficult SAG is to predict and with the strong performances for Comedy Actress this year, it is difficult to predict who is in.

Mabel Mora enthusiast.

Victor
    Topics:

I have Jean, Quinta, Brosnahan, Applegate and Sheryl Lee Ralph and i feel okay about it
    Not saying I’ll get it right since it’s a crazy category but i feel like I’m gonna stick with those.

wolfali
    Topics:

It’s far from an easy task to predict that category but I think the question I’m realpy concerned about here in my predictions is whether James can coattail as a 3rd Abbott actress due to the show’s frontrunner status like Kieran Culkin did last year or not. Because if we have a lineup with 3 Abbott actresses and Smart, who on earth gets that final slot?

I have James in at the moment (primarily for the odds) although I am currently mulling predicting a lineup similar to the one we had last year with Smart as the reigning Emmy champ, Brunson and Ralph in place of Waddingham and Temple as the female lead and beloved supporting player of the ensemble frontrunner, Brosnahan instead of Fanning as the lead of a period comedy on a network the committee has disproportionately favoured and Applegate instead of Oh as the SAG veteran with a standout performance in a Netflix series.

Manav
    Topics:

It’s far from an easy task to predict that category but I think the question I’m realpy concerned about here in my predictions is whether James can coattail as a 3rd Abbott actress due to the show’s frontrunner status like Kieran Culkin did last year or not. Because if we have a lineup with 3 Abbott actresses and Smart, who on earth gets that final slot? I have James in at the moment (primarily for the odds) although I am currently mulling predicting a lineup similar to the one we had last year with Smart as the reigning Emmy champ, Brunson and Ralph in place of Waddingham and Temple as the female lead and beloved supporting player of the ensemble frontrunner, Brosnahan instead of Fanning as the lead of a period comedy on a network the committee has disproportionately favoured and Applegate instead of Oh as the SAG veteran with a standout performance in a Netflix series.

I think Brosnahan might have a hurdle from Borstein (vote split during nomination phase) but Maisel won Ensemble the last time around, so would be weird to see them go downhill so fast. I’m actually keeping an eye on Linda Cardellini. Can easily see Dead To Me get both of its actresses in before Abbott gets a third or Maisel gets a second. SAG loves Netflix, Dead To Me will air it’s final season closer to voting than most of these shows and it’s a given it’ll be atleast a decent hit if not much more.

My Predictions: Smart, Brunson, Ralph, Applegate and Cardellini.

(Next in Line: Brosnahan, James, Borstein etc).

wolfali
    Topics:

it’s a given it’ll be atleast a decent hit if not much more.

Nothing is a given after a 2 and a half year gap between seasons.

Victor
    Topics:

Dead to Me is such a question mark to me, i think I’ll wait and see if it hits. If it does hit then I see no reason why it’s two leads shouldn’t make it in + the show getting an Ensemble nod.
    As of right now I only have Applegate.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘SAG 2023 Television Predictions’ is closed to new replies.