Home Forums Television SAG 2023 Television Predictions

SAG 2023 Television Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 506 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor

• wolfali
    Topics:

Yellowjackets is apparently having a nominations committee screening in two weeks time 👀.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Victor
    Topics:

I see a lot of Black Bird screenings on that site, they did it tons and tons and are doing many more. I shouldn’t lost my 100/1 odds on PWH 😭
    I think Taron is locked.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

wolfali
    Topics:

I see a lot of Black Bird screenings on that site, they did it tons and tons and are doing many more. I shouldn’t lost my 100/1 odds on PWH 😭 I think Taron is locked.

The English is also doing a lot. They’ve had two screenings in New York and LA (one of which Blunt attended in person) and it’s the only Amazon show (and only one of 5, Black Bird being the other limited series) to send DVDs to committee members.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Drama King
    Topics:

Yellowjackets is apparently having a nominations committee screening in two weeks time .

Interesting – I thought they were eligible & listed last year?

See: https://www.goldderby.com/article/2021/yellowjackets-cast-sag-award-ensemble/

wolfali
    Topics:

Interesting – I thought they were eligible & listed last year? See: https://www.goldderby.com/article/2021/yellowjackets-cast-sag-award-ensemble/

It’s interesting because the eligibility rules state that it’s ineligible (you need 4 episodes to air in 2022 to be eligible whilst they have 3) but the fact that the event is open to members of the nominating committee makes me curious. They are eligible for WGA and some of these secondary guilds regardless (although they are ineligible for PGA) but the fact that the cast are attending makes me wonder if the season is going to start at the end of next month and so they’ll automatically qualify?

Drama King
    Topics:

but the fact that the cast are attending makes me wonder if the season is going to start at the end of next month and so they’ll automatically qualify?

I didn’t even think of that! That would be an exciting explanation.

Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Just finding out that the Showtime limited series George and Tammy is having a big SAG event soon (and other guild events). With Jessica Chastain and Michael Shannon both very well-liked in the industry, I’m adding them to my picks.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

They are eligible for WGA and some of these secondary guilds regardless (although they are ineligible for PGA) but the fact that the cast are attending makes me wonder if the season is going to start at the end of next month and so they’ll automatically qualify?

Maybe, Ricci said they were mid filming the other day but that doesn’t necessarily mean that’s not possible as it’s not like that show could already have early episodes in post, plus she has been out and about a lot for someone mid-shoot in Canada the last six weeks.

Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Showtime confirms Yellowjackets will be eligible for all the upcoming awards. The show and actresses have been added to the predictions events for SAG and Globes.

wolfali
    Topics:

The drama ensemble field…

Gajo
    Topics:

SAG should rectify their mistake from last year and award Yellowjackets the ensemble award this time.

wolfali
    Topics:

SAG should rectify their mistake from last year and award Yellowjackets the ensemble award this time.

I actually think they could if it gets nominated. On the TV side SAG have had a tendency to award shows with ensembles whose interactions drive the show as opposed to strong ensembles with lots of individual standout performances (The Crown over Ozark, Maisel over Fleabag, Schitt’s Creek over Ted Lasso, Succession over Squid Game). Granted The Crown, House of the Dragon, Severance and The White Lotus all have those things going in their favour as well but I think Yellowjackets stands out on that front and the fact that they could very well have episodes out during voting (which no other show, on the drama side at least, will have) could really play in their favour.

Reis
    Topics:

But it’s for a second season or season 1 still eligible?

wolfali
    Topics:

But it’s for a second season or season 1 still eligible?

3 episodes of season 1 are eligible. However to qualify for SAG they need 4 episodes to air.

My guess is either SAG has its own form of hanging rules or Showtime are planning on starting to air season 2 at the end of December and so they will ultimately qualify for both this year’s SAG cycle and next year’s. It is strange though that they’ve told Chris it will be eligible for all the awards as they need 6 to be eligible for PGA (they are eligible for WGA and DGA regardless) and so they would need to air 3 episodes this year which would mean they’d have to start airing in a couple of weeks time (which they won’t).

Victor
    Topics:

The drama ensemble field…

Insanely competitive field, have no idea who the final 5 Will be

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘SAG 2023 Television Predictions’ is closed to new replies.