Home Forums Television SAG 2023 Television Predictions

SAG 2023 Television Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 506 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor

• Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

According to Spoiler TV/Production Weekly, production on Yellowjackets Season 2 began in August and will wrap up in February. I suppose the only way they could air at least three episodes of Season 2 in December would be if there was a mid-season hiatus.

wolfali
    Topics:

Insanely competitive field, have no idea who the final 5 Will be

Outside of The Crown and Severance it really feels like you might as well just close your eyes and throw a dart on a board.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

hopelesstar
    Topics:

Yellowjackets is not going to get in

wolfali
    Topics:

SAG have updated their screening site with Q&As for The Crown (it’s 3rd, this time one with Dominic West), The Bear and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Worth noting with Maisel in particular that when clicking on the link they have to RSVP for the event a notice immediately pops up saying it is fully booked (the event is in 2 weeks time and was only added to their site yesterday).

Contenders that are at less than 100/1 odds in the predictions centre odds that have yet to have events pop up on SAG’s site:

Comedy

– Barry
    – Only Murders in the Building
    – What We Do in the Shadows

Drama

– Better Call Saul
    – The White Lotus : Sicily

Limited

– Fleishman is in Trouble
    – Gaslit
    – Inventing Anna
    – Pam and Tommy
    – The Patient
    – The Staircase
    – Station Eleven
    – Under the Banner of Heaven

Contenders that have had multiple screenings/Q&As scheduled on the site:

Comedy

– Mo: 3 (2 with Mo Amer)

Drama

– Bad Sisters: 2
    – The Crown: 3 (1 with Elizabeth Debicki, 1 with Dominic West)
    – The Handmaid’s Tale: 3
    – The Lord of the Rings – The Rings of Power: 3
    – Severance: 2
    – Yellowjackets: 2

Limited

– Black Bird: 3 (1 with Taron Egerton)
    – The English: 2 (1 with Emily Blunt)
    – The Dropout: 3 (all 3 with Amanda Seyfried)
    – Welcome to Chippendales: 2

Amazon and Apple seem to be going all out this year although it’s interesting that The Boys has been MIA seeing as it is listed as Amazon’s 2nd priority overall on their site. Are Amazon planning a big push for it during nominations voting?

It’s very interesting also that (sans The Dropout) the Spring miniseries have kind of been absent from the campaign trail so far whilst the ones from the second half of eligibility (Black Bird, The English, Welcome to Chippendales) have been everywhere. Especially with shows like Pam and Tommy and Inventing Anna seeing how hard Netflix and Hulu are otherwise campaigning overall.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Victor
    Topics:

– The Dropout: 3 (all 3 with Amanda Seyfried)

Girl really wants her sweep.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

methaddiction
    Topics:

Girl really wants her sweep.

And she’s going to get it darlings

wolfali
    Topics:

And she’s going to get it darlings

And none of them will be deserving.

Gajo
    Topics:

Justice for Alicia Vikander

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Worth noting with Maisel in particular that when clicking on the link they have to RSVP for the event a notice immediately pops up saying it is fully booked (the event is in 2 weeks time and was only added to their site yesterday).

Ensemble + one individual actor are happening at minimum

Comedy

– Mo: 3 (2 with Mo Amer)

Surprised by how much Netflix are pushing this for SAG, stylistically it’s not usually something this body goes for straight away, and far more in the vein of a debuting series that the Globes would traditionally love to anoint.

Voyage
    Topics:

SAG have updated their screening site with Q&As for The Crown (it’s 3rd, this time one with Dominic West), The Bear and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Worth noting with Maisel in particular that when clicking on the link they have to RSVP for the event a notice immediately pops up saying it is fully booked (the event is in 2 weeks time and was only added to their site yesterday). Contenders that are at less than 100/1 odds in the predictions centre odds that have yet to have events pop up on SAG’s site: Comedy – Barry – Only Murders in the Building – What We Do in the Shadows Drama – Better Call Saul – The White Lotus : Sicily Limited – Fleishman is in Trouble – Gaslit – Inventing Anna – Pam and Tommy – The Patient – The Staircase – Station Eleven – Under the Banner of Heaven Contenders that have had multiple screenings/Q&As scheduled on the site: Comedy – Mo: 3 (2 with Mo Amer) Drama – Bad Sisters: 2 – The Crown: 3 (1 with Elizabeth Debicki, 1 with Dominic West) – The Handmaid’s Tale: 3 – The Lord of the Rings – The Rings of Power: 3 – Severance: 2 – Yellowjackets: 2 Limited – Black Bird: 3 (1 with Taron Egerton) – The English: 2 (1 with Emily Blunt) – The Dropout: 3 (all 3 with Amanda Seyfried) – Welcome to Chippendales: 2 Amazon and Apple seem to be going all out this year although it’s interesting that The Boys has been MIA seeing as it is listed as Amazon’s 2nd priority overall on their site. Are Amazon planning a big push for it during nominations voting? It’s very interesting also that (sans The Dropout) the Spring miniseries have kind of been absent from the campaign trail so far whilst the ones from the second half of eligibility (Black Bird, The English, Welcome to Chippendales) have been everywhere. Especially with shows like Pam and Tommy and Inventing Anna seeing how hard Netflix and Hulu are otherwise campaigning overall.

Me nervous as hell waiting for OMITB to host at least one

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Surprised by how much Netflix are pushing this for SAG, stylistically it’s not usually something this body goes for straight away, and far more in the vein of a debuting series that the Globes would traditionally love to anoint.

I’m a bit inclined to think there’s probably a solid pool of comedians in SAG that will have a higher degree of familiarity with Amer than we might think?

wolfali
    Topics:

I’m a bit inclined to think there’s probably a solid pool of comedians in SAG that will have a higher degree of familiarity with Amer than we might think?

Well it’s one of the easiest shows for industry voters to watch because almost everyone has Netflix so I guess they don’t see the harm in trying.

Victor
    Topics:

Me nervous as hell waiting for OMITB to host at least one

Do they need to? They are basically locked for Ensemble + the Martins, i guess campaigning would possibly get Selena in but oh well.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

wolfali
    Topics:

I think Abbott Elementary is the only true nomination lock for comedy ensemble. It’s the only show whose pros significantly outweigh its cons.

lenatroid
    Topics:

So at least I know I’m not the only one confused as to why there’s not a single SAG screening for Only Murders. I genuinely thought they’d try and campaign to potentially usurp Abbott from the lock and to see whether they could get Selena in, oh well?

Mabel Mora enthusiast.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘SAG 2023 Television Predictions’ is closed to new replies.