Home Forums Television SAG TV 2022

SAG TV 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 510 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

She’s excellent on this show. Not sure whether she will get in but she would be a very deserving nominee.

Yeah I agree, a show stopping performance even if the show doesn’t hold up to that.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

NGNG: Sudeikis repeats and Waddingham gets in but Ted Lasso loses comedy ensemble.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

NGNG: Sudeikis repeats and Waddingham gets in but Ted Lasso loses ensemble of the year.

To Maisel or Hacks?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Yeah but this is also what people said about For All Mankind at the Emmys this year and it got shut out completely.

Yes, but For All Mankind S2 didn’t have the advantage of people stumbling across it during active runs of Ted Lasso and The Morning Show. Because Apple has a relatively small slate we might find that people pick it up slowly over the last half of the year.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

What do we have to do to get Elisabeth Moss her first individual SAG victory? It’s ridiculous at this point.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I love Maisel but it’s time to move on darlings.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

To Maisel or Hacks?

Maisel can easily bounce back but I doubt it will beat Ted Lasso in Ensemble. Same for Hacks.

I think The Great, if it comes out this year, has a slim chance of beating Ted Lasso.

The last spot will probably go to What We Do in the Shadows. Although, we should also probably watch out for something like Schmigadoon! and/or Sex Education.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

To Maisel or Hacks?

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (or another show that comes out after Lasso‘s season 2 run ends).

I think SAG has a lot of recency bias and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel seems to be a show that voters still watch and love but its Emmy performance (in nominations and wins) depends on the situation of the field it’s facing. Sure you could argue that this recency bias argument didn’t stop Schitt’s Creek or The Crown from winning over Ted Lasso and Bridgerton but both Schitt’s Creek and The Crown only grew and grew in visibility. The fact that shows like The Crown and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (and previously This is Us) are not only loved by these pool of voters but are also being seen as voters are voting could be playing a large part in why they keep winning ensemble here over stuff like FleabagThe AmericansThe Handmaid’s Tale etc.

Now Ted Lasso could simply be too undeniable in momentum for anyone to stop it in ensemble (I suspect this will be the case in actor for Sudeikis) but I also think it could be hurt by the fact that it’s airing too early and that instead of slowly building momentum over time, it will now be a must watch as soon as it drops. The weekly release will help it a bit and I do think it will probably remain the Emmy frontrunner going into when the predictions centre opens next season (I think it will repeat at Critics Choice and probably take PGA) but it doesn’t feel so “secure” here. If it somehow ends up sweeping each of its above the line categories at the Emmys or the shows that air in the fall/winter flop I might feel more confident in it taking ensemble.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

I love Maisel but it’s time to move on darlings.

moving on.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Get Real! Maisel doesn’t need another ensemble win

Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

Get Real! Maisel doesn’t need another ensemble win

Ikr?? It’s bad enough that they won over Fleabag. As much as I love The Marvelous Mrs.Maisel I hope What we do in the Shadows somehow wins.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I think WandaVision is elegible here, no? The final episode aired in March, so they can be fraudly considered a TV Movie.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I think WandaVision is elegible here, no? The final episode aired in March, so they can be fraudly considered a TV Movie.

That will be strange. (Very strange)
    Honestly,if Limited Series had an ensemble,any of the shows airing later could snag the remaining 3 slots (we do know that 2 of the slots would already have been booked for Mare of Easttown and ACS: Impeachment)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s bad enough that they won over Fleabag.

Nah not really. It’s an excellent show but Fleabag isn’t an ensemble based one so it winning would have been quite dull. Maisel and Barry were both far more deserving here.

Andrew Scott should have won over Tony Shalhoub though.

FYC:

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

That’s such an odd predicament, ongoing shows can compete under two different SAG calendar / eligibility years for the same reason but I don’t believe anything like that’s for Miniseries.

Is there anything in their rules that says a miniseries can’t be in two different years?

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘SAG TV 2022’ is closed to new replies.