Home Forums Television SAG TV 2022

SAG TV 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 510 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

The Morning Show season 2 is a big question mark.
    If the show keeps the quality of the last three episodes of season 1 they could really explode at next year awards.
    But there’s a concrete risk they flop entirely.

Anyway Jennifer, Reese and Julianna will be a delight to watch.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

As a Succession fan I’m not entirely convinced that it’s the frontrunner for ensemble. It could end up being the Game of Thrones to The Morning Show‘s This is Us.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

As a Succession fan I’m not entirely convinced that it’s the frontrunner for ensemble. It could end up being the Game of Thrones to The Morning Show‘s This is Us.

Armstrong successfully showed how the series’ quality can significantly increased from its first season to its second. It’s also more stable (proven by no replacement of the leader of the project) and very widely liked. Sadly, The Morning Show cannot even get that SAG when the lineup is not as strong although it is showered with love. I wonder that that’s the peak of the support given to the show, but what left remains to be seen.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Armstrong successfully shows how the series’ quality can significantly increased from its first season to its second. It’s also more stable (proven by no replacement of the leader of the project) and very widely-liked. Sadly, The Morning Show cannot even get that SAG when the lineup is not as strong although it is showered with love. I wonder that that’s the peak of the support given to the show, but what left remains to be seen.

If SAG cared about the quality of a show’s writing for you to win or lose then Game of Thrones wouldn’t have been nominated last year over <i>Succession </i>and Pose.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

If SAG cared about the quality of a show’s writing for you to win or lose then Game of Thrones wouldn’t have been nominated last year over <i>Succession </i>and Pose.

Over The Morning Show too (although it’s loved to death in actor/actress category). I personally don’t know how that happened, but I assume that it showed that the success didn’t always translate well into Ensemble. Well, I think actors care more about the previous Emmy Drama winner over the one that’s only competitive in acting before.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Over The Morning Show too (although it’s loved to death in actor/actress category). I personally don’t know how that happened, but I assume that it showed that the success didn’t always translate well into Ensemble. Well, I think actors care more about the previous Emmy Drama winner over the one that’s only competitive in acting before.

This is Us was only nominated for Actor for its first season but then went on to beat The Handmaid’s Tale (which was coming off a sweep at the Emmys) in ensemble. This year aside, it’s been a rarity for SAG to take towards first season shows that compete first at the winter awards. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is another example.

I wouldn’t hold <i>The Morning Show</i>’s miss last year against it.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

SAG right now after the cancellation of the Globes:

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

SAG should be fine but if indeed the globes do not take place next year, they will have to treat themselves way bigger than they treat right now.

Like a way bigger ceremony (and pls, the Limited ensemble)

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

HBO limited series The White Lotus will premiere July 11.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Live footage of Andrew Scott getting his second individual nomination.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Can’t wait to see a Davis Vs Winslet heated competition at the SAGs unless Impeachment Ladies have something to say. Still, I feel gargantuan names like Winslet and Davis on the ballot list can’t be ignored ! Paulson has won recently and so has Davis . I think it may go to Winslet…

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

There’s a couple of names here I don’t know if are eligible

Ensemble in a Drama Series:
    1- Özark
    2- Sucession
    3- The Handmaid’s Tale
    4- Bridgerton
    5- Stranger Things

We know they love Ozark, so they may try to give the show a “farewell” narrative in its path to the Emmys. They did snub Sucession for the season it won the Emmys.
    The Handmaid’s Tale has never missed in this category and SAG-AFTRA loves kids so I expect Stranger Things (which also hasn’t missed) to come back.
    Bridgerton shocked us all and I don’t feel comfortable in predicting them dropping the show this soon

Ensemble in a Comedy Series:
    1- The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    2- The Great
    3- Ted Lasso
    4- The Kominsky Method
    5- Barry

Maisel might be an easy name check here. They gave it two ensemble wins.

I wonder if The Great will be the new Glow. A show that keeps overperforming at SAG but it’s almost completely ignored by the Emmys.
    Ted Lasso could win if it wins the Emmys.

Actor in a Drama Series:
    1- Jason Bateman – Ozark
    2- Jeremy Strong – Sucession
    3- Billy Crudup – The Morning Show
    4- Jonathan Bailey – Bridgerton
    5- Brian Cox – Sucession

Actress in a Drama Series:
    1- Uzo Aduba – In Treatment
    2- Laura Linney – Ozark
    3- Julia Garner – Ozark
    4- Jennifer Aniston – The Morning Show
    5- Julianne Marguiles – The Morning Show

Actor in a Comedy Series:
    1- Jason Sudeikis – Ted Lasso
    2- Tony Shalhoub – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    3- Nicholas Hoult – The Great
    4- Bill Hader – Barry
    5- Michael Douglas – The Kominsky Method

Actress in a Comedy Series:
    1- Rachel Brosnahan – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    2- Jean Smart – Hacks
    3- Alex Borstein – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    4- Elle Fanning – The Great
    5- Sandra Oh – The Chair

Actor in a Limited Series/Movie:
    1- Ewan McGregor – Halston
    2- Joel Edgerton – The Underground Railroad
    3- ???
    4- ???
    5- ???

Actress in a Limited Series/Movie:
    1- Viola Davis – The First Lady
    2- Kate Winslet – Mare of Easttown
    3- Thuso Mbedu – The Underground Railroad
    4- Sarah Paulson – Impeachment
    5- Julia Garner – Inventing Anna

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I thought Ozark was coming out next year..

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I thought Ozark was coming out next year..

Lolll, no. Some people have already seen seen premiere. I expect it to air within the next 2-3 months.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘SAG TV 2022’ is closed to new replies.