Home Forums Television SAG TV 2022

SAG TV 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 510 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

You make it sound as if she’s undeniable. And on Sunday, she won over two imo far more interesting performances.

Michaela and Coel.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Honestly I have been predicting Winslet to win here for a while now even though I switched away from her at the last minute at the Emmys. She’s everything SAG likes to award. Now she’s managed to overcome the winter awards sweeper in the series winner (I’m still stunned as to how she did it, Mare must have won series in a landslide of actors branch votes) I have no doubt she’ll be able to triumph here when she is quite strong and has far weaker competition.

As for Impeachment and Scenes From a Marriage it’s early but I honestly think they’re filler at best at the 2022 Emmys which is a shame because I’m quite enjoying the latter (I haven’t seen Impeachment yet but I’m looking forward to it as I quite like the actors involved). There hardly seems to be much passion or buzz behind either of them to survive the long season and Scenes has internal competition later on from Landscapers and Julia (we just saw how a certain popular HBO spring show with lots of passion essentially put the nails in the coffin for a popular Autumn one that lacked passion this year).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

You make it sound as if she’s undeniable. And on Sunday, she won over two imo far more interesting performances.

Whether she was undeniable is subjective. Personally, I think she was, though a Michaela Coel win would have been equally amazing.

Plus, that wasn’t my intention. I genuinely believe she will sweep. People will come up with narratives and paths for others, rightfully so, but I am gonna predict her all the way through, like I did Darren Criss in 2018/19, even when some people didn’t think he would want him to sweep.

I do wonder if Thuso Mbedu has a chance at Critics Choice though.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I didn’t think this before the ceremony but after the awards, I genuinely believe that Kate Winslet was undeniable at the Emmys. The fact that Nicholson overcame vote split with a legend and Peters won, it shows how MASSIVE the gulf was among the actors’s support for Mare and their support of other shows. When you vote for Peters and Nicholson,you HAVE to vote for Winslet. I guess she would have won by quite a margin. (I believe Coel was 2).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Rooting for Margaret Qualley to crash this race, at least nomination wise. The predicted nominees for both this and Emmys are seriously lacking of a fresh contender.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Mare would have easily won Casting if Actors also voted for it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I do wonder if Thuso Mbedu has a chance at Critics Choice though.

She deserves but I sadly doubt it. The Underground Railroad came and went and both Winslet and Olsen will be competing with her there and they are strong critical darlings.

Rooting for Margaret Qualley to crash this race, at least nomination wise. The predicted nominees for both this and Emmys are seriously lacking of a fresh contender.

I think she has a strong chance. Every year we have a “revelatory” or “breakthrough” performance from a rising star in the industry make it in and there doesn’t seem to be one as of yet (likewise that trailer looked excellent).

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I have heard early rumblings about Maid. Supposedly it’s great and supposedly she’s amazing in it! I also hope this is has a juicy role for Nick Robinson, so he can finally break through. He was already deserving for A Teacher.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have heard early rumblings about Maid. Supposedly it’s great and supposedly she’s amazing in it! I also hope this is has a juicy role for Nick Robinson, so he can finally break through. He was already deserving for A Teacher.

Do you have any idea when the embargo lifts by any chance?

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Do you have any idea when the embargo lifts by any chance?

Unfortunately not. :/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m very excited to see the comedy races here. I think Ted Lasso will win ensemble (I do think Smart takes comedy actress quite easily) but the field is so competitive so I’m really excited to see what gets nominated.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

How is Kate Winslet 4th lol, behind two Impeachment ladies? That show has literally no buzz.
    At least Jessica will have the Tammy Faye movie which seems bound to get her talks with SAG, but Sarah and Beanie?

It’s Kate’s to lose unless a new Anya Taylor-Joy comes along with a fall smash.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

And that’s YOUR opinion.

Kate is not below the Impeachment ladies or Chastain when not only she won the Emmy but her show also won TCA and has an 80 on MC against Impeachment’s 60 and Scenes’ 70.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Did you see the standing ovation? Did you see the applause and peer respect? Did you see the articles praising her? Did you see how influential such a realistic middle aged no makeup character has been? And at the end did you see how you’re in the minority in believing she was uninteresting?

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I’m gonna need these shows to win ensemble huns

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘SAG TV 2022’ is closed to new replies.