Home Forums Television Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 502 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
puck05
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Fargo S4 — Sept 27

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Watch it win its second series Emmy due to the lack of competition.

HBO, Netflix and Amazon should try everything in their power to get Barry, Russian Doll and Maisel in on time because they can really benefit or sweep due to how dead the Comedy categories seem to be next year. That being said I think Netflix and Amazon are already trying to get them in on time.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

You do realise there is a whole post of all the contenders a page back?

I literally forgot that sorry, erasing the post. What’s interesting that unlike previous years there are already more than five promising fall shows.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Gonna put this in writing now. There is going to be a contender in Lead Actress in a Drama Series who people doubt will make it in because of previous snubs or their show being of an ‘unappealing’ genre to the TV Academy who will surprised everyone with a nomination. If I was to bet on people who it could be I wouldn’t be surprised to see either MJ Rodriguez, Reese Witherspoon or Christine Baranski surprise and make it in at the expense of someone like Elisabeth Moss.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Reese Witherspoon is likely imo. She can be another Jodie Comer/Linda Cardellini and be nominated alongside her co lead for s2. MJ Rodriguez would be lovely and she will likely air in spring instead of summer. Baranski is DOA tho. She is never happening for that show. Mandy Moore coming back would be great as s5 is gonna be her baitiest season yet.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Mandy Moore coming back would be great as s5 is gonna be her baitiest season yet.

I doubt she happens again.

Baranski is DOA tho. She is never happening for that show. 

I think she’s unlikely but considering who got nominated this year I think it’s premature to say she’s never happening.

That being said Rhea Seehorn is never happening.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

It’s not premature to say she’s not happening when no one watches that show.

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

I still say, if an Emmy favorite like Baranski couldn’t get a nomination in an empty category last year, then she’ll never make the cut for this show.

Anyway, I feel like next year we’ll see Fargo’s first acting win. I don’t know who it’ll be, but I think it’ll happen.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I think she’s unlikely but considering who got nominated this year I think it’s premature to say she’s never happening. That being said Rhea Seehorn is never happening.

Moore is likelier than Baranski, as shown by last year’s nominations.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anyway, I feel like next year we’ll see Fargo’s first acting win. I don’t know who it’ll be, but I think it’ll happen.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

I think Moore is definitely gonna be in the conversation with how baity the storyline for S5 is.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Gonna put this in writing now. There is going to be a contender in Lead Actress in a Drama Series who people doubt will make it in because of previous snubs or their show being of an ‘unappealing’ genre to the TV Academy who will surprised everyone with a nomination

Also known as the Maslany/Moore rule.

I doubt she happens again.

Few thought she could for S3, especially after the Super Bowl snub. I do believe she’s similar to Andre Braugher whom come back this and had likely been consistently getting votes in in the 7-9 range.

Baranski is DOA tho. She is never happening for that show.

If she couldn’t in 2019 for a monster 3rd season where CBS actually showed it on their linear network and campaigned her butt off all summer long, as much as I want I don’t she ever will unless the long-standing rumours of Netflix buying Paramount are true and CBS All Access folds into their library and it’s becomes the drama Schitt’s Creek.

Or that even knows it exists outside of critics & stans

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

It’s completely their loss.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not saying this will happen here but a new show from Bad Wolf (The Night Of, His Dark Materials, Industry) is about to air here in the UK called I Hate Suzie. It is created by Lucy Prebble (Secret Diary of a Call GirlSuccession) and stars BAFTA nominee and Olivier winner Billie Piper (Penny Dreadful, Secret Diary of a Call GirlCollateralDoctor Who). A synopsis for the show is below :

“Drama about the moment in life when the mask slips, asking if any of us can survive being well and truly ‘known’. Suzie Pickles (Piper) has her life upended when she is hacked and a photo of her emerges in an extremely compromising position.  The series shows her unravelling as the event ricochets around every area of her life. Episode by episode we follow her through the stages of shock, denial, fear, shame, bargaining, guilt, anger and acceptance as Suzie and her best friend and manager Naomi (Leila Farzad) try to hold her life, career and marriage to Cob (Daniel Ings) together.”

Not saying it will happen here (I don’t actually know if it has a US broadcaster yet) but if it is good and gets shown on something like HBO or FX to fill their schedules I wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen considering the talent involved and particularly the high profile nature of the talent in the UK which may help it appeal to the British bloc.

The trailer is below :

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Baranski’s next Emmy nomination is going to be for The Gilded Age whenever that comes out, not for The Good Fight.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2021 Emmy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.