Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 513 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hear me out: HBO could fraud The White Lotus in Comedy if they wanted.

Well unlike with trying to move Mare of Easttown in drama, they have plenty of time to take this decision.

Although wouldn’t that be counter-intuitive? In limited they look set to have a smaller slate than in comedy (where they’ll have Curb Your EnhusiasmHacksInsecure and potentially Barry and The Flight Attendant).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    winslets
    Topics:

If it wasn’t (I believe) explicitly marketed as limited, I agree.

On HBO Max the series description is “this limited series follows…”

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:
    Victor
    Topics:

What a mess… https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/woke-shutdown-again-hulu-1235030570/

“Woke” began filming in Atlanta in June. Last week, a source working on the show told Variety that its COVID protocols have been “less than stellar — and porous.” This person said that the shorter days mandated by the new rules have been ignored on “Woke,” and the source had worked several 14-hour days.”

This is just outrageous, they aren’t even with a vaccinated people zone for shooting.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Brooklyn Nine Nine final season releases Aug 12. Never discount Braugher.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Brooklyn Nine Nine final season releases Aug 12. Never discount Braugher.

https://youtu.be/faJAT35j5Ss

He would easily win if he was in Supporting Actor this year.

Profile picture
    winslets
    Topics:
    wolfali
    Topics:

a veep special https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1420752750606905349?s=20

Not me clicking this thinking this was an actual special and an announcement that Julia Louis-Dreyfus has a chance to win her 7th Emmy for playing Selena Meyer 💀💀💀.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    winslets
    Topics:

Not me clicking this thinking this was an actual special and an announcement that Julia Louis-Dreyfus has a chance to win her 7th Emmy for playing Selena Meyer 💀💀.

sorry babe

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Reservation Dogs (Taika Waititi) is getting it’s first reviews and they are raves!

Profile picture
    ahmad769
    Topics:

Mr. Corman is getting raves in first review.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

JGL having this moment is definitely a narrative I can see

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My only qualm with both Mr. Corman and Only Murders in the Building‘s chances is that will voters remember these shows? They’re airing quite early which could disadvantage them with shows like Atlanta, The GreatHacksInsecureMaiselRussian Doll and maybe Barry airing closer to voting.

I feel like they’ll need to either be big hits (à la Ted Lasso) or win competitive for something (à la Atlanta) for them to say get into series. Both of which of course are possible but I’m cautious at the moment I guess haha.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When Sarah Niles gets Kelly Jenrette’d…

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Rose Byrne campaign train anyone? Let’s make her happen somewhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.