Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 513 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Ghosts Season 3 will premiere on August 9th. I still hate the fact that this hilarious series isn’t eligible at the Emmys (but at least it’s already been nominated for Bafta).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Is Starstruck eligible? It came here on HBO Max and I’m having a blast.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

`The way I can already name like 4 worthy nominees/winners on the actress side and it’s only the first of August

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is Starstruck eligible? It came here on HBO Max and I’m having a blast.

Yep! It’s a HBO Max co-production.

Minnie Driver deserves to be in the conversation to win guest actress.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Just found out that Juno Temple is also on Mr. Corman, Apple is really paying her bills between this, Ted Lasso and Palmeer.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

If the Globes were on, I believe Mr Corman would be huge there. It’s the kinda of stuff they like and they also love Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Maybe it will receive Critics Choice nominations.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If the Globes were on, I believe Mr Corman would be huge there. It’s the kinda of stuff they like and they also love Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Maybe it will receive Critics Choice nominations.

Apple would have a big year there, Schmigadoon is pure globes bait and Ted Lasso 2 would probably gain nods as well (see Waddingham getting in supporting, or bumped to lead whatever, she would get in).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Apple would have a big year there, Schmigadoon is pure globes bait and Ted Lasso 2 would probably gain nods as well (see Waddingham getting in supporting, or bumped to lead whatever, she would get in).

Rose Byrne would also have easily gotten in there too. Sigh.

The Globes are a piece of shit and their downfall was very much deserved for multiple reasons but it’s sad that so many performances woll go unignored as a result of its lack of existence (when I say this I mean the likes of Rose Byrne and Jane Levy not Lily Collins and Kate Hudson).

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Rose Byrne would also have easily gotten in there too. Sigh.

The Globes are a piece of shit and their downfall was very much deserved for multiple reasons but it’s sad that so many performances woll go unignored as a result of its lack of existence (when I say this I mean the likes of Rose Byrne and Jane Levy not Lily Collins and Kate Hudson).

Yeah, and they have a really different trend on nominees/winners that I’m gonna miss, things that neither SAG (can you imagine SAG nominating something like The Politician or Crazy Ex Girlfriend? ☠️) nor Critics Choice would nominate.
    I know they might announce nominees/winners but it won’t be the same.

I guess we will have to settle for the Critics Choice this year, and hope they do better if they comeback.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Rose Byrne would also have easily gotten in there too. Sigh. The Globes are a piece of shit and their downfall was very much deserved for multiple reasons but it’s sad that so many performances woll go unignored as a result of its lack of existence (when I say this I mean the likes of Rose Byrne and Jane Levy not Lily Collins and Kate Hudson).

100% this. The Globes are kind of meaningless if you think about that about 90 journalists nobody knows (exaggeration) vote for everything in TV AND movies like there is no way they even saw everything they nominate and that they’re actually in a position to be able to judge every facet of movies and television.

BUT it was always good to see performances recognized that weren’t a thing at the Emmys like Rachel Bloom in Crazy Ex-Girlfriend or Richard Madden in Bodyguard.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:
    Luca
    Topics:

I don’t even know if it’ll be renewed, but if is, I need Generation to at least produce a nomination for Justice Smith. If they could sit through and liked Euphoria, they can certainly do the same with Generation.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Justice Smith is possible. Haven’t seen Genera+ion although initially didn’t seem to start off well in reception but the show seems to have built up a lot of goodwill on the back of the latter half of its run and the consensus seems to be he’s excellent regardless.

That being said I think he does have quite a few hurdles. Unlike Zendaya he doesn’t really have an image as a famous child actor and therefore I don’t think his performance is considered particularly against type like her one was seen. Likewise Genera+ion overall is unlikely to be a very big contender considering how conpetitive the field is and how its up against two more acclaimed, widely seen and prestigious teen shows (Never Have I Ever and Sex Education). Both of which arguably have more goodwill than it and are on Netflix. The former’s most recent outing seems to have attracted a lot of passion (although of course it airing in July might hurt it quite a bit) and it has a strong narrative whilst the latter is rapidly growing in industry and critical goodwill, the star of its actors have risen a lot since its last outing and its second season seems to have kept a strong presence in the zeitgeist today (i.e. that bus scene randomly trends on twitter every other month).

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Barry S3 is on the board for next year?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1422351948074962945

Barry S3 is on the board for next year?

Maybe, maybe not
    Who knows, i think they’ll rush it not only for awards but because it’s been a solid minute since it came out, and if it premiered at spring it would be in a very good position awards wise.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.