Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 513 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Maybe, maybe not
    Who knows, i think they’ll rush it not only for awards but because it’s been a solid minute since it came out, and if it premiered at spring it would be in a very good position awards wise.

With Hacks and Insecure in play, I think HBO will skip Barry and then face a less competitive field next.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

With Hacks and Insecure in play, I think HBO will skip Barry and then face a less competitive field next.

I think is more because of the time that has passed and that they’ll rush it just for the audience.
    But how they are shooting 3 and 4 back to back, you’re probably right, it won’t be ready.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

On another note, Hannah Waddingham has to be upped to lead right?
    I was okay with her being supporting for season 1 because she was the antagonist to Sudeikis’s Lasso and she didn’t have a lot of stories outside that one. (Although latter on, her role significantly got bigger).

But on Season 2 she’s just co-lead no matter what, just as important as Ted, while he’s doing the team business, she’s navigating through relationship world and they both bring a balanced equation to the show.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I feel like she doesn’t have that much screentime so far though.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It will be funny if Hannah Waddingham wins supporting actress this year as a co-lead and gets submitted and nominated in lead next year for a supporting performance. Sarah Snook and Matt Smith going supporting for season 2 of Succession/The Crown but lead for season 1 teas.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They may be lesser priorities than Hacks (which if it premieres in the spring might have a strong chance of winning series considering how The Great, Ted Lasso, Maisel, Insecure, Shadows etc are all airing in 2021) and Insecure but HBO also have Curb Your Enthusiasm and And Just Like That.

I think Barry will go for a Summer/Autumn 2022 release not only because HBO have a lot on their plate but also considering how it still takes a little while longer to in both the shooting and post-production stages of shows during the pandemic.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

But on Season 2 she’s just co-lead no matter what, just as important as Ted, while he’s doing the team business, she’s navigating through relationship world and they both bring a balanced equation to the show.

I think given the eps I’ve seen they could go either way. Structurally yes, screen time, no

I don’t have screeners, but I am presuming by how things are going that Sarah Niles has too many episodes to go guest and will go supporting and that might be an additional factor. Also if there’s an indication she’s vote splitting with Juno.

Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

We cannot tell just from two episodes that Hannah Waddingham is being co-lead this season

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I feel like she doesn’t have that much screentime so far though.

Didn’t she? I think she was very well present on both episodes and she has an clear arc to herself which points to something fans are hoping (i.e. the romance with Ted, and it’s not a spoiler if it’s a theory)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Sarah Niles

She’ll probably be on the whole season, which makes the case to a bump on Waddingham even more clear.
    They won’t have 3 actresses on supporting right?

Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

She’ll probably be on the whole season, which makes the case to a bump on Waddingham even more clear. They won’t have 3 actresses on supporting right?

If she wins this year why take the risk?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When comedy supporting actress just ends up being 3x Hacks, 2x Mrs Maisel and 3x Ted Lasso 💀💀💀.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

something fans are hoping (i.e. the romance with Ted, )

Fans really hope for this? 💀
    That would be so lazy, I hope it doesn’t happen

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Fans really hope for this? 💀
    That would be so lazy, I hope it doesn’t happen

Yeah they do, and it is lazy as hell

Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

When comedy supporting actress just ends up being 3x Hacks, 2x Mrs Maisel and 3x Ted Lasso 💀💀💀.

That means no SNL ladies, so I guess I’d be ok with it

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.