Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 513 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Other Two has moved to HBO Max.

https://ew.com/tv/the-other-two-first-look-photos-creators-tease-season-2/

Will be interesting to see if this ends up aiding its industry visibility or if it’s just another Search Party.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

The Other Two has moved to HBO Max. https://ew.com/tv/the-other-two-first-look-photos-creators-tease-season-2/ Will be interesting to see if this ends up aiding its industry visibility or if it’s just another Search Party.

The move was announced months ago. The premiere date was announced today.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The move was announced months ago. The premiere date was announced today.

My mistake. Thanks for the correction.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Richard E. Grant is coming for that Comedy Guest Actor winn and we love to see it.

Emmys FYC: Jean Smart.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Richard E. Grant is coming for that Comedy Guest Actor winn and we love to see it.

Isn’t Loki competing in drama?

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Cobra Kai‘s nomination in series two years after Schitt’s Creek‘s breakthrough feels telling that Netflix gives a lot of visibility to critically acclaimed underdogs.

I think Sex Education could breakthrough next year in the right circumstances.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Better Things Season 5 will start production in July and will end in October.

What We Do in the Shadows Season 4 will already start production in August.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think Hacks will pull a Barry/Sucession and get three Supporting Actresses.

Nicholas Braun Meg Stalter is one of the biggest memes on Twitter right now and she has a lot of buzz going for her. Kaitlin Olson could work better if they give her a better material.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Nicholas Braun Meg Stalter is one of the biggest memes on Twitter right now and she has a lot of buzz going for her. Kaitlin Olson could work better if they give her a better material.

They both should’ve been nominated this year and Hannah should’ve been in lead. The show should have received a total of 5 acting nominations including Jane Adams.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Nicholas Braun Meg Stalter is one of the biggest memes on Twitter right now and she has a lot of buzz going for her. Kaitlin Olson could work better if they give her a better material.

I don’t know about three purely because of how ultra competitive the field is but I’m leaning towards two for now. I agree about Stalter. If Hannah Einbinder moves up to lead I think both Stalter and Olson will get in (assuming Hacks season 2 is as good as 1).

I’m shocked that Stalter didn’t actually make it in this year with how well the show did in acting nominations and how much online buzz she has.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Cobra Kai‘s nomination in series two years after Schitt’s Creek‘s breakthrough feels telling that Netflix gives a lot of visibility to critically acclaimed underdogs.

I think Sex Education could breakthrough next year in the right circumstances.

If Emily in Paris gets nominated again then what 💀

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Emily in Paris gets nominated again then what 💀

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It makes no sense. And I still don’t get what happened with the directing categories to somehow cause there to be 7 Comedy Directing nominees but only 6 Drama Directing nominees, which should have been impossible.

What is this tie rule? Was looking for it and maybe I am tired and can’t find it.

Didn’t there used to be a 2% rule? THAT would make sense.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What is this tie rule? Was looking for it and maybe I am tired and can’t find it.

It’s simply just when a show receives the exact same amount of votes as another show in a category.

There did used to be a 2% rule but that was abolished last year.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Eh I don’t know. I would love to see the actors nominated (Berry, Demtriou and Hamill were robbed last year) but the show really should have performed better than it did at SAG. There’s no excuse for it missing for a newbie like The Great there.

I think one of the big issues here is, Waller-Bridge being the exception and a somewhat different case (ie writer/performer) they don’t generally warm to British leads. She’s the only British lead performer in comedy to even be nominated in a decade if I am not mistaken.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 513 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.