Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

According to Production Weekly, Ted Lasso Season 3 will start production in January.

Sudeikis doesn’t wanna compete with Hadar lol

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sudeikis doesn’t wanna compete with Hadar lol

Ted Lasso Season 2 is already eligible for this upcoming cycle (although Barry may not be eligible).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Haven’t seen season 3 of What We Do in the Shadows yet but I finished s2 recently and forgive me if I’ve said this already but I really hope Natasia Demetriou makes it in next year. She’s absolutely hilarious and such a captivating presence on the show that every time she’s not in a scene it feels like you’re waiting for her to come. She really goes all out here (in a good way!)

Season 3 is only on episode 3 and it has already received universal acclaim. The issue with the actors is that there isn’t a lead like Friends and Friends was a bazillion times more popular. Plus next year it would be much more difficult for any of them to get in. This year, I think they could’ve.

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Ted Lasso Season 2 is already eligible for this upcoming cycle (although Barry may not be eligible).

Barry is supposed to premiere in March.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Barry is supposed to premiere in March.

Source?

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Source?

Barry Season 3: Everything We Know

They are in the middle of filming right now. March is when it’ll be released.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://thecinemaholic.com/barry-season-3-everything-we-know/ They are in the middle of filming right now. March is when it’ll be released.

I think there are a lot of inaccuracies in this article.

It is speculating that the show will return in March 2022 because “it started shooting in February 2021” and it takes a year to shoot a season of the show. This is incorrect. Season 3 started shooting in August .

Likewise the article is also speculating based on the show’s shooting schedule for its previous two seasons but with the pandemic sometimes a month or two can be added added to television and film production. I say this as both someone who has been working in film production during the pandemic and based on what we’ve seen with other shows that have been produced during the pandemic. Going by the shooting schedule of its first two seasons, season 3 of Succession should have arrived on our screens in the spring but because of production delays it is now airing in October. Same with Insecure.

I’m sceptical of it making eligibility. If it does though, sheesh this field is stacked.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

To add to the pandemic delays, isn’t there possibly going to be a strike soon?

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I think there are a lot of inaccuracies in this article. It is speculating that the show will return in March 2022 because “it started shooting in February 2021” and it takes a year to shoot a season of the show. This is incorrect. Season 3 started shooting in August . Likewise the article is also speculating based on the show’s shooting schedule for its previous two seasons but with the pandemic sometimes a month or two can be added added to television and film production. I say this as both someone who has been working in film production during the pandemic and based on what we’ve seen with other shows that have been produced during the pandemic. Going by the shooting schedule of its first two seasons, season 3 of Succession should have arrived on our screens in the spring but because of production delays it is now airing in October. Same with Insecure. I’m sceptical of it making eligibility. If it does though, sheesh this field is stacked.

First of all, regardless of the source, if they started shooting in August (much like a show like GOT which was able to be ready and released by April in the earlier runs) there is no reason this show will not be out by March or THE LASTEST April. I don’t even get why this is questionable to you.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

First of all, regardless of the source. If they started shooting in August (much like a show like GOT which was able to be ready and released by April in the earlier runs) there is no reason this show will not be out by March or THE LASTEST April. I don’t even get why this is questionable to you.

Because things take longer during a pandemic and I don’t expect that to be any different for a show of Barry’s calibre. Sure the show in a non pandemic year could start shooting in August and finish in January but with stricter production regulations, bubbling and quarantining etc things take longer. Every show that has been shot during this pandemic has added a month or two to their production schedule. Maisel usually has a four to five month production schedule yet it ran into July in shooting (after having started shooting in January 2021). Insecure started shooting in December 2020 yet finished last summer and that show is one that much easier to produce in a pandemic world than Barry is.

I could be wrong and it does make eligibility but things will be tight if the show finishes shooting this spring.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Barry has been shooting without breaks and LA is completely open. Pretty sure COVID isn’t messing up its schedule.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Barry has been shooting without breaks and LA is completely open. Pretty sure COVID isn’t messing up its schedule.

Erm LA being open doesn’t mean COVID isn’t relevant or factoring in to production process slowing things down.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

TMMM

Teenage Mutant Minja Murtles ?

God, I hate these acronyms, I never know what shows people are referring to.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Teenage Mutant Minja Murtles ?

I think they’re referring to the 20 time Emmy winning The Marvelous Mrs Maisel.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think they’re referring to the 20 time Emmy winning The Marvelous Mrs Maisel.

Lol, I’m bad at acronyms. Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.