Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Catching up with Ted Lasso and if we’re gonna have another 4 nominees again next year, can we please swap for two of them for Dunster and Jimoh?

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Sex Education should get at least a SAG ensemble nomination. It’s the definition of a fantastic ensemble. But I’m not gonna get my hopes up about it.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

As great as the Ted Lasso supporting actors are I really hope the show doesn’t take up 4 slots again. There are so many contenders this year, some of whom should have been win competitive last time round that it will be horrible to see them snubbed again…

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Catching up with Ted Lasso and if we’re gonna have another 4 nominees again next year, can we please swap for two of them for Dunster and Jimoh?

The way I’d nominate 5 of them next year..

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

As great as the Ted Lasso supporting actors are I really hope the show doesn’t take up 4 slots again. There are so many contenders this year, some of whom should have been win competitive last time round that it will be horrible to see them snubbed again…

Ok but he was lead lead

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

As great as the Ted Lasso supporting actors are I really hope the show doesn’t take up 4 slots again. There are so many contenders this year, some of whom should have been win competitive last time round that it will be horrible to see them snubbed again…

Actors clearly watch the back half of S1 because I don’t know how you watch that season and not be blown away by Barnett.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Gotta get up, gotta get out
    Gotta get home before the mornin’ comes~

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The way I’d nominate 5 of them next year..

Which of them hun?
    I would nominate Goldstein, Hunt, Jimoh, Dunster and maybe Mohammed.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Which of them hun? I would nominate Goldstein, Hunt, Jimoh, Dunster and maybe Mohammed.

Same as you

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Same as you

Our minds urgh, so powerful

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It would be funny if Apple moved Hannah Waddingham to lead for Ted Lasso season 2 where she’s supporting after having her compete in supporting for Ted Lasso season 1 where she was a co-lead…

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

You all better push for Juno Temple HARD.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Sex Education needs to be prioritised.

Profile picture
    CriticalEye
    Topics:

Let me be the first to say, “Congratulations for all of the Emmy winners.”  Everyone of them were deserving.

Great night for Netflix.  Not so great for HBO.  Dare I say, Netflix may be the streaming service to beat, at all of the major awards ceremonies, going forward?  Only time will tell.

Anyway, the reason why I am posting a comment is to put everyone on notice.  The Chair will be the comedy series to beat in 2022, as I said earlier in my posts.  I stand by it.

Ted Lasso won for Best Comedy series.  Fantastic!!!  Jason Sudeikis won for Best Actor.  Super Fantastic!!!.  But, what had me concerned was that for Best Writing and Directing,  both went to Hacks.

I was sure that Hacks would’ve won for Best Comedy series as well, because of that.  What I took away from that, is that the Television Academy voters LOVE Ted Lasso.  But, they also are very good at spotting great writing and directing as well.  And, they will not let their love for a program, hinder their professional approach to voting on other emmy categories.

That’s great.

With that being said, The Chair’s writing,  directing and acting are top-notch.  You don’t have to believe me.  Read up on what Deadline, THR, Variety, NBC, Wall Street Journal and every news and entertainment outlet are saying. They are basically saying the same thing, that I am saying about the Chair.

The Chair should be going into the 2022 Emmy awards, as the strong favorite.  Also, for those who believe because the Chair is not as popular as Hacks or Ted Lasso, that doesn’t matter to the voters.  Their job is to review the series footage, that was submitted to them for review.  Nothing more.

I don’t believe that Ted Lasso’s 2nd season will beat the Chair, in the writing and directing department.  Hacks may be the Chair’s biggest competition in 2022.  And, that’s depending on if their 2nd season will be as good, if not, even better than the first season.

Again.  Congrats to Ted Lasso for winning for Best Comedy Series.  I said in one of my earlier posts, that if Ted Lasso wins for Best Comedy series, they won’t beat the Chair in 2022.  Based on what I’ve seen so far with the 2nd season of Ted Lasso, I am sticking to it.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

And, they will not let their love for a program hinder their professional approach to voting on other emmy categories. 

schitt and crown disagree.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.