Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Next year is going to be so competitive..

She’s coming for Ted Lasso hun.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not the Dead to Me erasure again. If it’s back in time, Applegate is getting in and Cardellini might as well if there’s an open slot. Actors love this show and that won’t change for the final season.

Netflix didn’t mention it at all in a recent article about their returning hits (even as they mentioned the likes of Russian Doll, Bridgerton and Stranger Things – the latter of which they said “might not” make Emmy eligibility) so I think it’s probably missing eligibility (which is honestly fine imo because whilst I want Applegate to win for this role, it’s better she takes all the time she needs after her diagnosis and returns when she feels comfortable).

Netflix Bosses On “Historic” Emmy Night For Streaming & Diversity Challenges

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I do agree she is probably top 8 though if her show is a contender for comedy series.

Which it will be.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

She’s coming for Ted Lasso hun.

When the first season couldn’t win anything?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

This gif tho 💀 😭

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Juanald02
    Topics:

If the globes were happening I believe they would’ve gone in hard for Only Murders In The Building. They love new shows and they probably would’ve gone with Selena Gomez for actress.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If the globes were happening I believe they would’ve gone in hard for Only Murders In The Building. They love new shows and they probably would’ve gone with Selena Gomez for actress.

I agree.

I do think the show is still quite competitive for the Emmy win in series but it’s going to be hard with Ted Lasso and Hacks having so much buzz off of their Emmy wins (I think this is an issue What We Do in the Shadows will also face).

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Both of these shows weren’t nominated for their first seasons and won for their last after they became extremely popular I wouldn’t consider Russian Doll’s situation to be the same but we’ll see.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

She might’ve even win, they are crazy for global singers going the acting way (i know Selena has acted since forever, but for most, she is a pop star).

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

The way Don Cheadle and Anthony Anderson are already locked

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

And Jason!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The definition of locked is stretched here.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

The definition of locked is stretched here.

Don Cheadle has 9 nominations and hasn’t missed for any of his shows (Black Monday and House of Lies) since 2012 (one time for the first season of Black Monday, I think). He was nominated for his cameo in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Anthony Anderson has never missed for Black-ish and I doubt he will miss for the final season. He was able to get in even when the show got dropped from Series and Actress.

They are locked for nominations. Period.

Anyway, it was obviously just a joke (which doesn’t mean I don’t believe in what I just said), so you don’t have to take it too seriously.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Don Cheadle has 9 nominations and hasn’t missed for any of his shows (Black Monday and House of Lies) since 2012 (one time for the first season of Black Monday, I think). He was nominated for his cameo in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Anthony Anderson has never missed for Black-ish and I doubt he will miss for the final season. He was able to get in even when the show got dropped from Series and Actress. They are locked for nominations. Period.

Half of a category is not locked when we’re only less than 3 months into eligibility and that applies to every category right now. This time 2 years ago people were proclaiming Nicole Kidman and Elisabeth Moss locks for nominations because they were previous winners and they both missed.

Anderson and Cheadle’s past Emmy history is all good but this category hasn’t had the competition it’s going to be facing next year. <i>Only Murders in the Building</i> is the new buzzy hit of the season thus far and will have two comedic icons competing in the category. Then you have previous winner Donald Glover in a respected auteur driven show that’s airing in the Spring, incumbent winner Jason Sudeikis and SAG/Golden Globe/Critics Choice nominee Nicholas Hoult. That’s without mentioning two time Emmy winner Bill Hader who could potentially also make eligibility. We all agree each of them are in stronger contenders than Black-ish and Black Monday so that hardly makes Anderson and Cheadle locked in September. They may be Emmy nomination favourites who have been able to capitalise off of weak fields but so was Allison Janney who missed for Mom in 2019 in favour of four first time nominees (Applegate, Lyonne, O’Hara and Waller-Bridge).

Only Jason Sudeikis is locked for a nomination in comedy actor at this stage.

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.