Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The Sex Lives of College Girls and Somebody Somewhere are getting panels at HBO’s TCA day today. Nothing else.

How do we interpret that?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Also, Sex Lives of College girls trailer

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

How do we interpret that?

I think it suggests that whilst they’re still big contenders, HBO aren’t going to prioritise Insecure and <i>Curb Your Enthusiasm </i>in comedy as much as they will with Succession in drama (which is their main horse). I think they’ll focus on Hacks and (if they make eligibility) Barry and The Flight Attendant more.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

First look at the 2nd season of the “Emmy nominated show”, Emily in Paris.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Most of us are predicting Annie Murphy to represent Russian Doll if the show ends up being as big a contender as it was last time but I wonder if Greta Lee might be able to slip in as well? This is a category that historically likes coattail nominations and she has the benefit of having been on the show since the start and she also will have a little bit more visibility this year due to <i>The Morning Show</i>.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

First look at the 2nd season of the “Emmy nominated show”, Emily in Paris.

It was fun while it lasted, Jean Smart. The true queen has arrived.

Profile picture
    antony
    Topics:

so excited

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Cobra Kai Season 5 production starts in September and it will end in December.

Physical Season 2 will start production in November.

The Flight Attendant Season 2 will start production in September and it will end in February.

Source: Production Weekly.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Flight Attendant Season 2 will start production in September and it will end in February.

Yeah, they’ve already started shooting. They were in Germany last week.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Yeah, they’ve already started shooting. They were in Germany last week.

If I didn’t know this from here I’d know it from the conspiracy theorists deciding Kaley Cuoco (who has never gone to the Met Gala) not being at the Met Gala meant she was unvaccinated….

(the whole ‘X didn’t show up so thus they = unvaccinated’ internet hubbub is so weird. Not to mention she was at the Emmys)

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

If the production of The Flight Attendant ends in February, would HBO Max be able to finish the post production and release Season 2 before May?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

If the production of The Flight Attendant ends in February, would HBO Max be able to finish the post production and release Season 2 before May?

Bit hard to say. The post after the last episode shot last time was really short (like 8 weeks) but it was interrupted by COVID so presumably they were working on the rest in the six month break.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

S1 finished shooting October 11 and premiered the following month. They said multiple times it’s eyeing a spring premiere so I think it’s making it in.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’d say it’s unlikely. The Flight Attendant is an hour long high scale production that shoots in destinations all over the globe which makes it the comedy contender most at risk of COVID delays. Comparatively, something like Hacks can easily get away with shooting in such a short time frame because it’s a half hour that shoots in LA and scenes can easily adapt to COVID restrictions (the first season was shot from December 2020 to March 2021). The fact The Flight Attendant‘s tentative production finish date is in February is already risky enough because that more or less gives it a minimum of two months between its production finish date and the premiere of its first episode (The Flight Attendant season 1 premiered two months after the final two episodes of the season were picked up again after COVID to finish shooting).

Likewise I think HBO might find it in their best interests to air the show in the summer instead of rushing it out for awards consideration. It obviously is a show that is an awards contender but unlike BarryHacksInsecure etc it’s a show that is a big commercial hit for them than an awards one (it also really feels like a show that would be really suited to a “Summer release” because of its escapism, if that makes sense).

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If I didn’t know this from here I’d know it from the conspiracy theorists deciding Kaley Cuoco (who has never gone to the Met Gala) not being at the Met Gala meant she was unvaccinated…. (the whole ‘X didn’t show up so thus they = unvaccinated’ internet hubbub is so weird. Not to mention she was at the Emmys)

And she really served with her gracious behaviour celebrating each and every winner at the ceremony! I liked how she was so supportive of Jean when she won.

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.