Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 506 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The raves for <i>What We Do in the Shadows </i>this season is tempting me but at the same time I feel reminded by how Better Call Saul received rave reviews for its 5th season and placed highly on end of year critics lists last year and couldn’t overcome The Crown at either the critics choice or WGA.

Now Hacks is no The Crown when it comes to awards support and it’s not going to sweep the winter awards season with Ted Lasso, Maisel, Only Murders in the Building and even something like The Great competing but the writing of the show is the show’s most acclaimed aspect (which wasn’t the case for The Crown at WGA last year) and its the incumbent Emmy winner so I think it has the edge. That being said What We Do in the Shadows does feel like a stronger contender than Better Call Saul ever was.

I think Hacks has New Series locked, so maybe they’ll spread the wealth? Idk, they did give both to Ted Lasso this year.

The Episodic one is the one i can’t quite think about it yet because they went with The Great this year and i didn’t see it coming.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Hacks has New Series locked, so maybe they’ll spread the wealth? Idk, they did give both to Ted Lasso this year. The Episodic one is the one i can’t quite think about it yet because they went with The Great this year and i didn’t see it coming.

The episodic categories at WGA are juried so it’s almost impossible to predict what will until we see the nominees. The Great won that category last year as ultimately it was the episode in the category with the showiest and strongest  writing and it submitted the pilot which is always going to make a choice baitier because it sets the tone for the series (it also may explain why Ted Lasso couldn’t overcome a split in writing this year even though “Make Rebecca Great Again” was the show’s standout because it was competing agains a pilot).

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

the writing of the show is the show’s most acclaimed aspect (which wasn’t the case for The Crown at WGA last year) and its the incumbent Emmy winner so I think it has the edge. That being said What We Do in the Shadows does feel like a stronger contender than Better Call Saul ever was.

The strongest aspect from Hacks is definetely the acting, particularly Jean Smart’s performance.

And how is WWDITS stronger than BCS? BCS is literally a 3x WGA winner. It lost last year, but it was most likely 2nd. WWDITS this year will probably place 3rd behind Ted Lasso and Hacks.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Finished Ep. 10, Waddingham and Sudeikis are back in for the win…

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC:
    Succession
    The Great
    Nine Days
    Mass

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way Jason, Hannah and Brett would be my winners for next year too.. I love them sorry.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

need it to happen

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

need it to happen

I’m four episodes behind of the season but regardless of that I still need her to happen next year.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

‘The Other Two’ season 2 finished today and it was a very clever, funny and amazing tv. Everything worked so well, it instantly fells like a classic season that will be remembered in the future. It would be amazing if HBO Max give the show some money for campaing in this award season.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really want it to be one of those shows that the academy has been catching up on in secret and will surprise us on nominations day.

FYC:

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Welp. Waddingham is coming for blood with 2×10.

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I haven’t seen the two most recent episodes of Ted Lasso yet but based on who she is, her strong placement alphabetically on the ballot and the show she’s on Harriet Walter feels like a solid guest actress contender.

If she’s nominated for Ted Lasso and Succession next year will she be the first person since Laurie Metcalf to get drama and comedy guest acting nominations in the same year?

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I haven’t seen the two most recent episodes of Ted Lasso yet but based on who she is, her strong placement alphabetically on the ballot and the show she’s on Harriet Walter feels like a solid guest actress contender.

Harriet is very strong this week.

I would be interested to see where they go here with campaigning for supporting men. Phil Dunster’s stronger this season and Toheeb Jimoh has gone from a non entity to a genuine contender.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Toheeb Jimoh sort of reminds me of Madeleine Brewer last season in terms of their buzz (supporting player who has been overshadowed in buzz in earlier seasons/the first season who has a showcase). That being said Brewer might have benefitted from the fact that Alexis Bledel was competing in guest but at the same time Ted Lasso is a stronger player than The Handmaid’s Tale was last year.

It’s difficult to tell.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Toheeb Jimoh sort of reminds me of Madeleine Brewer last season in terms of their buzz (supporting player who has been overshadowed in buzz in earlier seasons/the first season who has a showcase).

I agree, it’s a good comparison. I think Toheeb benefits from his proximity to Hannah’s storyline and also the fact that his character is likeable.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I hope Swift doesn’t get a name check nomination over Dunster and Jimoh next year because he literally hasn’t done anything this season.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.