Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 506 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And how is WWDITS stronger than BCS? BCS is literally a 3x WGA winner. It lost last year, but it was most likely 2nd.

Was it though? Ozark was nominated for three writing Emmys last year after all and won the episodic category at WGA over Better Call Saul (which is the category where the show’s 2 WGA wins come from).

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I hope Swift doesn’t get a name check nomination over Dunster and Jimoh next year because he literally hasn’t done anything this season.

Dunster’s still a bit borderline for me (though he might be coming in strong in the last few eps given this weeks storyline) but Swift isn’t doing enough. He might actually have less to do this season.

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

The Other Two seems to be on the cusp of having a moment. It’s a phenomenal show and now that it has the HBO name behind it, maybe it becomes a player next year?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

<i>The Other Two</i> feels like it’s in a similar situation to Dave and Never Have I Ever.  All three are shows that had a lot of critical buzz when they premiered but missed out due to a lack of industry visibility (they all coincidentally premiered during the second half of eligibility). They seem to have established themselves quite a bit now on an industry footing (e.g. Olivia Colman was raving about The Other Two in an interview for The CrownDave turned up for new series at WGA and seems to have some fans in the industry including the likes of Gillian Anderson and Damon Lindelof). Yet at the same time there was hardly any buzz for any of those shows as they aired their second seasons – almost as if the year (or two year in The Other Two‘s case) long break killed the momentum that was brewing.

I think they all do have a chance at showing up *somewhere* on nominations day although it will depend on how big a campaign HBO, FX and Netflix pull for them and how competitive their field turns out. It’s a shame because had all three of them aired this past cycle they probably would have easily bumped out the likes of Cobra Kai and Emily in Paris.

FYC:
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I was a little bit upset because Rebecca wasn’t appearing as much as I’d like on Ted Lasso season 2, but after “No Weddings and a Funeral”, Hannah Waddingham is coming for her second trophy.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really am excited to catch up on this week’s episode of Ted Lasso with these raves for Waddingham. She’s my favourite of the show’s cast.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I really am excited to catch up on this week’s episode of Ted Lasso with these raves for Waddingham. She’s my favourite of the show’s cast.

Bring tissues.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I was a little bit upset because Rebecca wasn’t appearing as much as I’d like on Ted Lasso season 2, but after “No Weddings and a Funeral”, Hannah Waddingham is coming for her second trophy.

It drives me insane that Hannah freely admits she was largely not getting cast in things because she is, of all things, too tall. I mean, I know height is not the same as not being cast because of a dearth of other diversity issues, but DAMN it’s short sighted.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Waddingham has been doing some incredible work on (and off) the West End for quite a few years now so it’s honestly been so satisfying seeing her get so much exposure (and awards!) with Ted Lasso. Here’s hoping for more offers down the road!

FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I really am excited to catch up on this week’s episode of Ted Lasso with these raves for Waddingham. She’s my favourite of the show’s cast.

Waddingham and Sudeikis are brilliant in the episode and it was also a really good ensemble showcase which I love.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Lol, they pulled a Make Rebecca Great Again with No Weddings and a Funeral to miss Hannah Waddingham, i was scared she wasn’t gonna get one.
    Hoping for an All Apologies next.

Probably one of the strongest episodes, i liked even more than Man City.
    Beard After Hours still my fave, don’t @ me methaddiction.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Mae Martin joined The Flight Attendant
    Period, we will make her happen

https://tvline.com/2021/09/24/flight-attendant-season-2-spoilers-mo-mcrae-cast/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Beard After Hours still my fave, don’t @ me methaddiction.

At least that episode has one fan.. 

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

At least that episode has one fan..

Stop with the drag Hun
    It’s Ted Lasso’s The Hereditary Principle

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

From Deadline:

Season two of The Flight Attendant finds Cassie Bowden (Kaley Cuoco) living her best sober life in Los Angeles while moonlighting as a CIA asset in her spare time. But when an overseas assignment leads her to inadvertently witness a murder, she becomes entangled in another international intrigue.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.