Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 506 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

then the sing-song of “PAY ME, MY FUCKING MONEY” during the casting fantasy was hilarious.

That whole sequence is one my favourite parts of the show so far. It was brilliantly bonkers.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think they’ll push Tina Fey for obvious reasons
    But again, she didn’t get the nod for Girls5Eva so, who knows.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think they’ll push Tina Fey for obvious reasons But again, she didn’t get the nod for Girls5Eva so, who knows.

Hardly anyone ended up seeing Girls5Eva (outside of the writers) so voters would more or less have to have seen the show and consciously checked her off for her to get nominated (I guess to use an allegory it’s like getting an in joke?)

Only Murders in the Building on the other hand is a commercial hit and she’s in it from episode 1 so I think she has quite a strong chance of getting in. Same with Jane Lynch unless her performance is somewhat unmemorable (I’m two episodes behind so forgive me if she’s already turned up later in the season).

FYC:
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I think they’ll push Tina Fey for obvious reasons But again, she didn’t get the nod for Girls5Eva so, who knows.

Well Only Murders is a hit and will be an across the board contender unlike Girls5Eva so…

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hardly anyone ended up seeing Girls5Eva (outside of the writers) so voters would more or less have to have seen the show and consciously checked her off for her to get nominated (I guess to use an allegory it’s like getting an in joke?)

Only Murders in the Building on the other hand is a commercial hit and she’s in it from episode 1 so I think she has quite a strong chance of getting in. Same with Jane Lynch unless her performance is somewhat unmemorable (I’m two episodes behind so forgive me if she’s already turned up later in the season).

Well Only Murders is a hit and will be an across the board contender unlike Girls5Eva so…

Oh yes i agree
    I’m talking about Tina Fey herself, maybe they are getting fatigue of her of something.
    That Guest Actress field was so barren that anyone seeing “Tina Fey as Dolly Parton” would be inclined to put down her name.

I’m wondering in Only Murders can get a different Guest instead

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Oh yes i agree I’m talking about Tina Fey herself, maybe they are getting fatigue of her of something. That Guest Actress field was so barren that anyone seeing “Tina Fey as Dolly Parton” would be inclined to put down her name. I’m wondering in Only Murders can get a different Guest instead

Jackie Hoffman is probably guest eligible and is someone they’ve nominated under this current system before

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

SNL Update

• Everybody is staying on except Bennett and Holt.

• Fineman and Yang are promoted to regulars

• Three new featured players.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Cicely Strong is staying love that

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Hardly anyone ended up seeing Girls5Eva (outside of the writers) so voters would more or less have to have seen the show and consciously checked her off for her to get nominated (I guess to use an allegory it’s like getting an in joke?)

Speaking of which, is Girls5Eva is also very likely going to be safely eligible for S2.

I think Dr Death probably did better for Peacock as it has way more reviews but I still just don’t know if they are likely to ever have the viewership. The best thing for Girls5Eva S1 would be to get in at CCA or something so they are at least somewhere more on the radar outside of writers I think

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Cicely Strong is staying love that

The only reason to continue watching SNL lmao.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Wishlist:

Hacks misses eligibility for S2, Waddingham is moved to lead and wins. And more importantly, Juno Temple wins in supporting. She’s so so so good as Keeley, I really want her to win.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Wishlist: Hacks misses eligibility for S2,

FYC:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

It’s almost a reality at this stage (although we never know, the urge to get Jean Smart a Julia Louis Dreyfus streak can be too tempting for HBO go not hasten up post production).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s almost a reality at this stage

Agree to disagree. Hacks can really start shooting in January and still make eligibility whilst something like The Flight Attendant or Barry misses now even though they’re already shooting IMO. It’s very small scale as a production (it’s not a period piece like Mrs. Maisel nor is it a globe trotting one like The Flight Attendant) and it is more of an awards play than a commercial for HBO Max so they can probably air two episodes a week again throughout May and still make eligibility.

Likewise its first season was shot from December 2020 to March 2021.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Just did a pre-release comedy search on IMDBPro to see what people actually seemed to be interested in searching for and there are really only a few comedies anywhere near the consistent week on week interest for Only Murders.

Comedies obviously can break out of nowhere and do quite frequently but these are high enough they probably have some degree of inbuilt audience and meet the “people will watch it” criteria:

-And Just Like That (which still seems pretty low given how popular SATC was and how close it is to release) – HBO

-LA Lakers project (listed as comedy/limited, but seems to be pretty well known for something unnamed/non TV IP) – HBO

-Peacemaker (which is to be expected given the movie tie in) – HBO

-She Hulk (which will probably be the standard Disney+ hit) – Disney+

-How I Met Your Father – Hulu and Wednesday – Netflix – These are very, very high for spinoffs and the most searched pre-release comedies in a couple of years for their streamers.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Comedy Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.