Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 518 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Kaguya-hime
  • Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Got six episodes a while back.  Reviews are embargoed indefinitely.

Had never seen that SNL sketch before.  Thanks!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I kinda want Tom Hanks doing a comedy that is not a comedy now

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My problem with these dramas with over the top aesthetics and heightened tones frauding themselves into comedy is that it reinforces this notion of what a worthy drama is. I know this will make little sense but it almost feels like self enforced genre bias? What’s wrong with a drama that’s a little out of the box in its execution? I mean Succession is a show that uses satire to drive scenes but we all agree it’s a drama.

I find these cases to be even more egregious when there are comedic actors challenging themselves with more dramatic turns. Why shouldn’t someone like Kaley Cuoco be considered just as much as Emma Corrin or Laura Linney for the drama actress prize with her dramatic performance in The Flight Attendant? Or the actors from Transparent be considered as much as those from House of Cards?

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

My problem with these dramas with over the top aesthetics and heightened tones frauding themselves into comedy is that it reinforces this notion of what a worthy drama is. I know this will make little sense but it almost feels like self enforced genre bias? What’s wrong with a drama that’s a little out of the box in its execution? I mean Succession is a show that uses satire to drive scenes but we all agree it’s a drama.

Nah, I get it. I honestly feel like one of the biggest problems coming up is ensuring submissions aren’t frauding. (same with the limited/drama thing)

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Do you know which comedy-drama show that I’m perfectly fine if it wins the Emmys?

This show is so funny that I sometimes can’t even remember that there are many dramatic moments in it. I hope it triumphs once again.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

And Just Like That – First Look.

EMMY WINNER CYNTHIA NIXON IS COMING!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And Just Like That – First Look. EMMY WINNER CYNTHIA NIXON IS COMING!

This looks photoshopped 💀💀💀

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

This looks photoshopped 💀💀

Nothing beats the poster of Sex And The City 2, tho. Airbrush 101

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I know this is ridiculous, but I can’t get on board with Miranda without red hair.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve never seen an episode of the show (mainly because I’ve never had the opportunity nor incentive to) but the second season of Dave is being really well received. I wonder if it might show up at some guilds (maybe WGA? The show did get a new series nom there last year).

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

EMMY WINNER CYNTHIA NIXON IS COMING!

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

We got three more episodes of Ted Lasso this week, so the press has six total before the embargo lifts on Monday.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Good job on Apple’s part. I assume they’re hoping for the show to see a sophomore boost in critical reception (or at least in metacritic score) after being “underrated” for the first three episodes of its first season. Sending half of the season is a good step at avoiding getting another MC score in the early 70s (assuming this season is at least as good as the last ended up being by the end).

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    ratednext
    Topics:

Black Monday has been pretty solid this season.  I wonder if Don Cheadle can get another nomination.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Ted Lasso S2 Reviews are out.

Seems all positive so far.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories’ is closed to new replies.