Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 518 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Kaguya-hime
  • Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Marvel will probably do this. Unless a movie will be announced, I think it is safe to assume Hawkeye will be in Drama and Ms. Marvel in Limited.

Ms. Marvel is more an dramaseries and Hawkeye an limitedseries

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Assuming Wandavision  makes some sort of Emmy impact I think it will be the exception and not the standard. It was special for being weird and very not-MCU its first 3 episodes and was also basically the only thing on tv at the time. Mandalorian also has a “first of its kind” advantage. The Marvel and Star Wars shows are going to start being overflowing, and regular prestige content is coming back in staggering amounts as well. I don’t see that Disney+ stuff making much of an impact outside of tech and maybe a few supporting contenders starting in 2022.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

As hopelessstar said, the novelty of Marvel doing TV will fade away soon enough.
    By next year they’ll have like 5 series contenders and no one will nominate all of that

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I wonder if Disney will submit Loki as Comedy.

Is Loki even funny? The character was always sought comic relief in the films but this show seems more “procedural lawyer show in space”.

Although after the surprise awards success of Mandalorian, along with the potential Emmy explosions of WandaVision & Hamilton. (and god forbid TFATWS) I wonder if Disney+ will be out for blood at the 2022 Awards, I assume that

Drama: Hawkeye or Ms Marvel
    Comedy: She Hulk (not unless they decide to go full throttle on High School Musical)
    Limited: Andor, Loki or Bobba Fett

As hopelessstar said, the novelty of Marvel doing TV will fade away soon enough.
    By next year they’ll have like 5 series contenders and no one will nominate all of that

It kinda reminds of the police procedural of the 90s & early 00s, they nominated the great stuff at the start (NYPD/L&O/CSITM/WV) but the novelty wore off quick and only nominated that type of show if it was something different/truly great (e.g. SVU).

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

Why do I feel like I remember seeing that Loki is already working on (or renewed for?) a second season? I don’t think it’ll be limited.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

10. Jason Ralph, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Jason Ralph is coming to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel?  Aw, cute!

Kevin can **** himself is with a 66 metacritic, Physical has a 30 from Variety. Well, early releases again.

The good stuff is coming next month 😉

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The good stuff is coming next month 😉

Is that a Ted Lasso S2 spoiler?

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Riley is an extra in Schmigadoon, maybe he is referring to that.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Bill Hader was on Mike Birbiglia’s podcast that came out yesterday and he confirmed that season 3 starts shooting in August. Expected to air in February I’d suggest, which would be roughly the same timing as the previous seasons. Can’t believe it will have been 3 years. And they have season 4 written and ready to go.

Best Supporting Actress - Kathryn Hunter, Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton, Judi Dench, Ruth Negga
    Best Supporting Actor - Troy Katsur, Ciarán Hinds, Alex Hassell, Bertie Carvel
    Best Actress - Tessa Thompson
    The Tragedy of Macbeth in Directing, Production Design, Cinematography and thee Kathryn Hunter
    Mass in Original Screenplay

The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing

Profile picture
    antony
    Topics:

Season 2 of The Flight Attendant will begin filming in September. (source)

Oscars FYC:

Flee, Ruth Negga, Tessa Thompson, Jessie Buckley, Shiva Baby.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

If I’m not mistaken, I think I recall that they will film both seasons of Barry at the same time.

Best Supporting Actress - Kathryn Hunter, Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton, Judi Dench, Ruth Negga
    The Tragedy of Macbeth in Directing, Production Design, Cinematography and thee Kathryn Hunter

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

With the news about Barry, here are my updated predictions with the show in it. Assuming Hacks still misses. Comedy Series 1. Barry (HBO) 2. Ted Lasso (AppleTV+) 3. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon) 4. The Great (Hulu) 5. Atlanta (FX) 6. What We Do in the Shadows (FX) 7. Russian Doll (Netflix) 8. The Flight Attendant (HBO Max) 9. The Chair (Netflix) 10. Only Murders in the Building (Hulu) Comedy Actress 1. Elle Fanning, The Great 2. Kaley Cuoco, The Flight Attendant 3. Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel 4. Christina Applegate, Dead to Me 5. Sandra Oh, The Chair 6. Natasha Lyonne, Russian Doll 7. Issa Rae, Insecure 8. Cecily Strong, Schmigadoon’ 9. Linda Cardellini, Dead to Me 10. Tracee Ellis Ross, Black-ish Comedy Actor 1. Bill Hader, Barry 2. Jason Sudeikis, Ted Lasso 3. Nicholas Hoult, The Great 4. Donald Glover, Atlanta 5. Steve Martin, Only Murders in the Building 6. Anthony Anderson, Black-ish 7. Martin Short, Only Murders in the Building 8. Don Cheadle, Black Monday 9. Keegan Michael-Key, Schmigadoon’ 10. Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm Comedy S. Actress 1. Hannah Waddingham, Ted Lasso 2. Alex Borstein, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel 3. Sarah Goldberg, Barry 4. Juno Temple, Ted Lasso 5. Annie Murphy, Russian Doll 6. Phoebe Fox, The Great 7. Zazie Beatz, Atlanta 8. Marin Hinkle, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 9. Yvonne Orji, Insecure 10. Chloe Fineman, Saturday Night Live Comedy S. Actor 1. Tony Shalhoub, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel 2. Henry Winkler, Barry 3. Anthony Carrigan, Barry 4. Brian Tyree Henry, Atlanta 5. Nick Mohammed, Ted Lasso 6. Brendan Hunt, Ted Lasso 7. Bowen Yang, Saturday Night Live 8. Sacha Dhawan, The Great 9. Jeremy Swift, Ted Lasso 10. Charlie Barnett, Russian Doll Comedy G. Actress 1. Maya Rudolph, Saturday Night Live 2. Gillian Anderson, The Great 3. Jane Lynch, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 4. Wanda Sykes, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 5. Tina Fey, Only Murders in the Building 6. Helena Bonham Carter, Call My Agent! 7. Host, Saturday Night Live 7. Chloe Sevigny, Russian Doll 8. Kelly Macdonald, Call My Agent! 9. Host, Saturday Night Live 10. Olivia Williams, Call My Agent! Comedy G. Actor 1. Host, Saturday Night Live 2. Martin Short, Saturday Night Live 3. Anthony Head, Ted Lasso 4. Nathan Lane, Only Murders in the Building 5. John Waters, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 6. Jim Broadbent, Call My Agent! 7. Host, Saturday Night Live 8. Curb Your Enthusiasm guest? 9. Host, Saturday Night Live 10. Host, Saturday Night Live Comedy Writing 1. Barry 2. Barry 3. Tony McNamara, The Great 4. Ted Lasso 5. Ted Lasso 6. What We Do in the Shadows 7. What We Do in the Shadows 8. Russian Doll 9. Donald Glover, Atlanta 10. Amanda Peet and Annie Wyman, The Chair Comedy Directing 1. Amy Sherman-Palladino, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 2. Bill Hader, Barry 3. Alec Berg, Barry 4. Daniel Palladino, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 5. Ted Lasso 6. The Great 7. The Conners 8. Donald Glover, Atlanta 9. Leslye Headland, Russian Doll 10. The Chair

Barry with a bullet, you love to see it! (no pun intended, but that’s quite good)

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Season 2 of The Flight Attendant will begin filming in September. (source)

S1 started Nov 20 2019 and had 6 episodes in the fan before the first lockdown in March 2020.

If Max go for another weekly release, it should be ready for the annual HBO spring comedy push.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Sex Education

A few Netflix fan accounts seem to think this will come in October

Oscars FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Comedy Categories’ is closed to new replies.