Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 499 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue in Part 2.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Wait, already?
    Anyway, Succession sweep incoming.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

might use the start of a new thread to say: What do we agree is 90-100% safe for eligibility?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

And he is coming

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

And he is coming

Impending doom Jared Harris is my favourite Jared Harris.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Darlings she is coming to pull a Gillian Anderson with The Gilded Age.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Speaking of The Gilded Age, I really hope next year is Carrie Coon’s year (or Sarah Snook’s, but after her loss last year that seems unlikely).

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Speaking of The Gilded Age, I really hope next year is Carrie Coon’s year (or Sarah Snook’s, but after her loss last year that seems unlikely).

Carrie Coon should have won for The Leftovers in 2017 and as a Claire Foy ultra fan that’s a big thing for me to say lol.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

Assuming that House of the Dragon, Handmaid’s Tale, Mandalorian, Lord of the Rings & Westworld miss eligibility:

1. Succession
    2. Ozark
    3. The Gilded Age
    4. Killing Eve
    5. Better Call Saul
    6. Stranger Things
    7. The Morning Show
    8. The Boys

Actress
    1. Laura Linney, Ozark
    2. Zendaya, Euphoria
    3. Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show
    4. Christine Baranski, The Gilded Age
    5. Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
    6. Sandra Oh, Killing Eve

Actor
    1. Jeremy Strong, Succession
    2. Brian Cox, Succession
    3. Jason Bateman, Ozark
    4. Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
    5. Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us
    6. Jeff Bridges, The Old Man

Supporting Actress
    1. Julia Garner, Ozark
    2. Sarah Snook, Succession
    3. Carrie Coon, The Gilded Age
    4. Cynthia Nixon, The Gilded Age
    5. Julianna Margulies, The Morning Show
    6. Fiona Shaw, Killing Eve
    7. J. Smith-Cameron, Succession
    8. Millie Bobby Brown, Stranger Things

Supporting Actor
    1. Billy Crudup, The Morning Show
    2. Matthew MacFayden, Succession
    3. Kieran Culkin, Succession
    4. Nicholas Braun, Succession
    5. Morgan Spector, The Gilded Age
    6. Steve Carell, The Morning Show
    7. Giancarlo Esposito, Better Call Saul
    8. David Harbour, Stranger Things

Choosing between Wheel of Time & The Boys was tricky but if it gets nominated this year, The Boys could return, especially with writers’ support.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Choosing between Essex Serpent, Wheel of Time & The Boys was tricky but if it gets nominated this year, The Boys could return, especially with writers’ support.

Essex Serpent is in limited!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Forgot The Boys lmfao. Will slot it into my top 10 in series and actor.

Actress
    1. Laura Linney, Ozark
    2. Zendaya, Euphoria
    3. Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show
    4. Christine Baranski, The Gilded Age
    5. Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
    6. Sandra Oh, Killing Eve

These are super early predictions so I don’t see how anything is delusional at this point (in fact nothing is delusional until the nominations are announced lol) but is there really a narrative for Laura Linney to win this year if she couldn’t last time round? I mean she should have swept imo last year for that fabulous performance but if she couldn’t win with the narrative of having an undeniable career best performance, I don’t see why she would this time round. Her best chance imo is next season for the back half of Ozark season 4.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think this is more of a likelihood to be nominated than winning.
    I do think Linney will easy return so i can understand that, if that’s the point.

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Forgot The Boys lmfao. Will slot it into my top 10 in series and actor. These are super early predictions so I don’t see how anything is delusional at this point (in fact nothing is delusional until the nominations are announced lol) but is there really a narrative for Laura Linney to win this year if she couldn’t last time round? I mean she should have swept imo last year for that fabulous performance but if she couldn’t win with the narrative of having an undeniable career best performance, I don’t see why she would this time round. Her best chance imo is next season for the back half of Ozark season 4.

Ugh, her not SWEEPING will always baffle and enrage me. She gave an acting master-class and wasn’t given anything. But, yeah, I agree that she probably won’t win next year, or even the year after, since she didn’t win for what should’ve been an undeniable performance. It would have to be on another level of undeniable (I’m talking Meryl Streep – Sophie’s Choice) for her to win now.

Oscars FYC:

Visual Effects: Free Guy

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think this is more of a likelihood to be nominated than winning. I do think Linney will easy return so i can understand that, if that’s the point.

There has never been a year for Netlflix since they’ve been eligible they’ve missed out on at least one nominee in Drama Actress and it is very unlikely anyone internally challenges her for that unless I am forgetting someone. But I am less confident on her chances of winning.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.