Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 499 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

Essex Serpent is in limited!

Thanks for the info. Then, I should replace Hiddleston with Jeff Bridges in The Old Man.

I think this is more of a likelihood to be nominated than winning. I do think Linney will easy return so i can understand that, if that’s the point.

A little bit of both. The ‘Zendaya is Tatiana Maslany’ comparisons are the only reason she isn’t number one. Helped me predict her last year so it might help me next year.

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Forgot The Boys lmfao. Will slot it into my top 10 in series and actor.

These are super early predictions so I don’t see how anything is delusional at this point (in fact nothing is delusional until the nominations are announced lol) but is there really a narrative for Laura Linney to win this year if she couldn’t last time round? I mean she should have swept imo last year for that fabulous performance but if she couldn’t win with the narrative of having an undeniable career best performance, I don’t see why she would this time round. Her best chance imo is next season for the back half of Ozark season 4.

Yeah If Ozark is airing just half season I don’t see Linney so high but she’s probably safe for a nomination.

I hope Mandy Moore somehow manages to break in maybe over the Killing Eve girls but Killing Eve on the other hand is airing the series finale so I can see baity performance there.

Baranski of course is the wild card and Aniston is also a question mark depending on the show reception this season…I could see the Morning Show exploding with nominations or being completly shut out. Aniston anyway gives a bombastic performance on that show and could be hard to ignore her..

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I guess my problem with Linney is that I don’t see really any push for them to award her the win. Similar thing with Aniston. Both had strong chances last time round due to the buzz for their performances and Linney arguably had an “undeniable career high performance” narrative but they didn’t. I feel like both of them will have stronger chances either for their final seasons or if their shows win drama series.

I’ve said this before but I’m very intrigued as to what happens with Louisa Jacobson for The Gilded Age. The premise of the show makes it sound like she’s the principal lead but I wonder if HBO might fraud her into supporting like they did with Hannah Einbinder this year or with Shailene Woodley for the first season of <i>Big Little Lies</i>. Or if they keep her in lead if she ends up becoming the next rising star to win in this category or if she misses à la Jodie Comer for Killing Eve season 1.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    adiman93
    Topics:

Best Drama

1) Ozark   (Winner)

2) Better Call Saul

3) Succession

4) Yellowstone

5) The Boys

6) The Handsmaid Tale

7) The Morning Show

Best Actor

1) Jason Bateman – Ozark

2) Michael C Hall – Dexter  (Winner)

3) Bob Odenkirk – Better Call Saul

4) Brian Cox – Succession

5) Kevin Costner – Yellowstone

Best Actress 

1) Laura Linney – Ozark  (Winner)

2) Rhea Seehorn – Better Call Saul

3) Jennifer Anniston – The Morning Show

4) Elizabeth Moss – The Handsmaid Tale

5) Sarah Snook – Succession

Best Supporting Actor

1) Clancy Brown – Dexter

2) Jonathan Banks – Better Call Saul  (Winner)

3) Antony Starr – The Boys

4) Steve Carrell – The Morning Show

5) Giancarlo Esposito – Better Call Saul

Best Supporting Actress

1) Julia Garner – Ozark

2) Kelly Reilly – Yellowstone  (Winner)

3) Ann Dowd – The Handsmaid Tale

4) Reese Witherspoon – The Morning Show

5) Yvonne Strahovski – The Handsmaid Tale

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’ve said this before but I’m very intrigued as to what happens with Louisa Jacobson for The Gilded Age.

Do we actually have any evidence that Jacobson is…good?? I see people predicting her all over the place but she has less credits than Corrin and I don’t entirely buy the “but her mother is” argument.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

For now, and note, this is EXTREMELY EARLY, i think Baranski has a slight edge to win.
    Don’t see the urge to reward Zendaya again, Linney isn’t winning for a first part of a season. I guess Aniston will probably repeat at SAG so she can be a competition but i doubt she’ll win unless TMS gets a bigger boost.

Baranski has been widely shut out for decades now and has one Emmy win from 26 years ago and it’s in a brand new show with a baity promise, that puts her in the lead for me.
    And personally I would be so glad to see a 70 year old winning a Lead Actress Emmy.

That is if she gets nominated of course, by nomination likelihood I still have all 3 girls from 2020 ahead of her.

Killing Eve duo is a question mark to me, don’t know what to do with them yet.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I mean it’s not like Hannah Einbinder had many acting credits on her CV before Hacks

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Do we actually have any evidence that Jacobson is…good?? I see people predicting her all over the place but she has less credits than Corrin and I don’t entirely buy the “but her mother is” argument.

OH MY GOSH. I literally didn’t know she was Meryl Streep’s daughter. I didn’t even know Meryl Streep had a daughter. Or a husband. This is so funny to me for no reason LMAO.

Oscars FYC:

Visual Effects: Free Guy

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

While I’m at it, give Baranski two nominations for both The Gilded Age and The Good Fight

Profile picture
    adiman93
    Topics:

no

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I mean it’s not like Hannah Einbinder had many acting credits on her CV before Hacks

And we could tell hun, the way Jean acted circles around her when they were together.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

While I’m at it, give Baranski two nominations for both The Gilded Age and The Good Fight

Only if you include a writing nomination for the Kings too…

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I mean it’s not like Hannah Einbinder had many acting credits on her CV before Hacks…

Sure, but there are multiple people predicting Jacobson over Rosamund Pike who is an Oscar nominee, both shows sight-unseen.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

OH MY GOSH. I literally didn’t know she was Meryl Streep’s daughter. I didn’t even know Meryl Streep had a daughter. Or a husband. This is so funny to me for no reason LMAO.

She has three daughters all of whom are actresses.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Sure, but there are multiple people predicting Jacobson over Rosamund Pike who is an Oscar nominee, both shows sight-unseen.

I mean it’s not as if name recognition matters that much here. Billy Porter and Jeremy Strong got nominated over Al Pacino last year after all. If The Gilded Age ends up being a strong contender from HBO as some are predicting and The Wheel of Time ends up being another expensive Amazon drama with a high profile cast that no one really pays that much attention to, it’s clear who is ahead.

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.