Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 499 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Apart from Jodie Comer, Killing Eve season 2 and 3 were not remotly Emmy whorthy.

The haters can stay pressed. Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw were win worthy in season 2 and 3.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

So re: the Zendaya conversation, I do think she’ll return next year. The acting branch is obviously watching Euphoria, so with season 2 allegedly being even baitier for her, I would be surprised if she missed. With Tatiana Maslany, Jodie Comer, Billy Porter and many others returning after winning their Emmys, I am not gonna bet against Zendaya, unless season 2 is downright terrible and/or the category becomes just too stacked.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Apart from Jodie Comer, Killing Eve season 2 and 3 were not remotly Emmy whorthy.

Season 2 was very much Emmy worthy. Jodie and Sandra were incredible there and deserved their noms/wins. Fiona was incredible in season 3 and was win worthy. Also, the 2018-2019 Emmy season was beyond horrendous and Killing Eve was one of the few Drama shows that were actually good.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Also, I expect AMC is going to run a campaign for Better Call Saul similar to the final season of Mad Men. Bob Odenkirk will have the final season narrative with him. The writer’s branch will keep this afloat for a series nomination. I’m skeptical about directing because the director’s branch clearly devoured Ozark and Succession in the past few years. There’s also a few directors from GOT returning for House of the Dragon which doesn’t help BCS. PS that directing snub for Bagman last year is something unforgivable.

You’re right, AMC will likely do this.

I might stand corrected but I believe only Sapochnik is directing again for House of The Dragon. There’s a heap of turnover on that production from GoT.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also, the 2018-2019 Emmy season was beyond horrendous and Killing Eve was one of the few Drama shows that were actually good.

Better Call SaulKilling EvePose and Succession were all more deserving than the eventual drama series winner that year.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Don’t forget the incredibly under-recognized Bodyguard.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Let us not forget its incredibly under-recognised actors either.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    adiman93
    Topics:

I hope the revival of Dexter win. It would piss a lot of people if Michael C Hall wins an Emmy for Best Actor in a Leading Role

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

I hope the revival of Dexter win. It would piss a lot of people if Michael C Hall wins an Emmy for Best Actor in a Leading Role

I’m only predicting John Lithgow for now if he is indeed returning 💀

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

Nah, we will all just pretend that the Television Academy made up for when they paid him dust for his superior performance on Six Feet Under.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

The Richard Madden snubbage stings. I watched the show this year and was so impressed with him.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Richard Madden snubbage stings. I watched the show this year and was so impressed with him.

Especially when they nominated Kit Harrington over him 💀💀💀…

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Also, the 2018-2019 Emmy season was beyond horrendous and Killing Eve was one of the few Drama shows that were actually good.

The Good Fight getting completely blanked in that field was the moment I knew it would never happen at the Emmys

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

The Wheel of Time season 2 has already started filming but there is no trailer for season 1 yet.

Between this, Killing Eve and The Boys. Seems like Amazon Prime is stepping up its game.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Especially when they nominated Kit Harrington over him 💀💀💀…

Not that he was ever the best actor on the show but they did him so dirty with that last season material (same with Lena) they really had Kit repeating 3 different lines the whole time

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.