Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 499 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Good Fight getting completely blanked in that field was the moment I knew it would never happen at the Emmys

When it breaks through next year with Paramount+ behind it…

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

When it breaks through next year with Paramount+ behind it…

I will happily eat crow

WendyEatsCrow

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I will happily eat crow WendyEatsCrow

Pls this sent me lol.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I thought Killing Eve, Pose, Bodyguard, Succession, Ozark and especially Better Call Saul all had good seasons that year, so I’d say that was more of a strong field than a weak one.

I’d argue that 2020 was a weaker year than 2019. Killing Eve, The Mandalorian, The Crown and The Handmaid’s Tale all had underwhelming seasons IMO (they were not bad tho, with the exception of Killing Eve, sorry). Ozark, Succession, Better Call Saul and Stranger Things, on the other hand, had great seasons.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Crown season 3 > Stranger Things season 3. Sorry sweetie 💋.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Perry Mason Season 2 will start production in January 2022, according to Production Weekly.

Anna Torv (Fringe, Mindhunter) in the cast of The Last of Us: https://tvline.com/2021/07/22/the-last-of-us-anna-torv-cast-hbo-series/

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Crown season 3 > Stranger Things season 3. Sorry sweetie 💋.

I actually agree, The Crowns 3 is very much underrated over here.
    But i very much liked Stranger Things 3 as well.
    Killing Eve 3 was really bad and The Handmaids Tale 3 was truly underwhelming and unnecessary long.

Profile picture
    antony
    Topics:

I saw this on the twitter timeline and don’t know the source of the information, but apparently Laura Linney will make her directorial debut in Season 4 of Ozark. It may be false, but I was happy with this possibility and wanted to post it here.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Omg, Queen Laura potentially directing? I guess we’re gonna get her 2 Emmys then.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

That’s very interesting if true, because I remember Bateman saying he couldn’t direct Season 4 due to COVID zoning. Maybe post-vax is different though

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

That’s very interesting if true, because I remember Bateman saying he couldn’t direct Season 4 due to COVID zoning. Maybe post-vax is different though

Oh wow, so we’re not getting any Bateman directed episodes this season? That’s a shame, honestly.

Thrilled for Laura though, if that’s true. She feels like an actress who’d be a good director as well.

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

The Wheel of Time season 2 has already started filming but there is no trailer for season 1 yet. Between this, Killing Eve and The Boys. Seems like Amazon Prime is stepping up its game.

</p>
    I may misunderstand what you’re getting at, but if I’m right, and you’re saying that they are getting better content and including those shows as examples, I’d like to point out that Killing Eve isnt Amazon.

Oscars FYC:

Visual Effects: Free Guy

Profile picture
    adiman93
    Topics:

I’m only predicting John Lithgow for now if he is indeed returning 💀

Lithgow is going to be in flashbacks. You are not a fan of Michael are you

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

I actually agree, The Crowns 3 is very much underrated over here.
    But i very much liked Stranger Things 3 as well.
    Killing Eve 3 was really bad and The Handmaids Tale 3 was truly underwhelming and unnecessary long.

Killing EVe, Stranger Things and The Handmaid’s Tale best series nominations in 2020 were totally unnecessary (I would have nodded This Is Us, The Morning Show and Mr. Robot over them).

The Crown didn’t have its strongest season but for me still earned its spot.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Oh wow, so we’re not getting any Bateman directed episodes this season? That’s a shame, honestly. Thrilled for Laura though, if that’s true. She feels like an actress who’d be a good director as well.

I believe Robin Wright is directing a bunch of episodes.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.