Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 499 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

</p>
    I may misunderstand what you’re getting at, but if I’m right, and you’re saying that they are getting better content and including those shows as examples, I’d like to point out that Killing Eve isnt Amazon.

Yep my bad I forgot its actually AMC/BBC America sorry

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Lithgow is going to be in flashbacks. You are not a fan of Michael are you

What does this have to do with my comment on Lithgow?

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

The Wheel of Time season 2 has already started filming but there is no trailer for season 1 yet.

This is such a mess. At least that shows they’re very confident in this show I guess. Rosamund is coming to collect her things.

Also this “trailer” was highkey comedic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCQFyRGFfTU&ab_channel=AmazonPrimeVideo

Here’s a little compilation of other teasers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqS2xPEijpM&ab_channel=TworiversBadger

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Can someone check over this for me:

Previous acting/drama nominees:

Will make winter awards AND 2022 eligibility

Succession, The Morning Show

Will make 2022 but probably not winter awards

Ozark, Euphoria, The Boys, This Is Us, Better Call Saul, Killing Eve

Very borderline

Stranger Things (more likely 2022), Bridgerton (more likely 2023)

Move to 2023

The Handmaid’s Tale, The Crown, The Mandalorian, Perry Mason, Westworld

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Will make 2022 but probably not winter awards

Ozark, Euphoria, The Boys, This Is Us, Better Call Saul, Killing Eve

This Is Us aired the back half of S5 in the beginning of 2021 so it’s still eligible.

Not sure about Euphoria though, Jules’ Special aired the first week of January so it should eligible at places that didn’t extended their eligibility windows to aline with the Oscars.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

This Is Us aired the back half of S5 in the beginning of 2021 so it’s still eligible. Not sure about Euphoria though, Jules’ Special aired the first week of January so it should eligible at places that didn’t extended their eligibility windows to aline with the Oscars

thankyou! You’re right. Was thinking about the new seasons which I presume are early 2022?

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think it’s safe to say they’re campaigning Rosamund in lead lol

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think it’s safe to say they’re campaigning Rosamund in lead lol

I’m already on the Pike train

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

thankyou! You’re right. Was thinking about the new seasons which I presume are early 2022?

I’m thinking January 2022 for Euphoria

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think Euphoria still comes out this year, Zendaya already shared a snippet and i think they are close to finishing?

I won’t be surprised if we got a combo of Succession/Euphoria like we had with BLL/Euphoria on 2019.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I saw this on the twitter timeline and don’t know the source of the information, but apparently Laura Linney will make her directorial debut in Season 4 of Ozark. It may be false, but I was happy with this possibility and wanted to post it here.

Not surprising if it’s true. Bateman has been pushing for Linney to direct an episode of the show since the first season.

That’s very interesting if true, because I remember Bateman saying he couldn’t direct Season 4 due to COVID zoning. Maybe post-vax is different though

I think he said that he wasn’t planning on directing during the first half of season 4 (Ozark is splitting its final season into two halves like Breaking Bad did) which makes sense considering the show started shooting this season back in October(?) which was of course during one of the “deadlier” times of the pandemic and when productions were just learning to grapple with this pandemic world. Now not only are (a significant number of) people vaccinated but productions have gotten used to the strict Covid guidelines so I guess the producers might feel comfortable with their actors helming episodes.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Following on with the “how long is post production taking”? thread in this section, whilst it’s not an Emmy contender, Lucifer’s final season is coming out in early September which is only five months of post (and very out of sync with expectations of that show which had their last drop in May).

(Also, completely out of line with those Deuxmoi release dates for other Netflix stuff as I don’t think it was expected til 2022)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Following on with the “how long is post production taking”? thread in this section, whilst it’s not an Emmy contender, Lucifer’s final season is coming out in early September which is only five months of post (and very out of sync with expectations of that show which had their last drop in May).

If I’m not mistaken, Lucifer had 15 episodes on the can for the 5th season before shutdown, they went back on late summer early fall and finished that episode and already started shooting the next season.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

If I’m not mistaken, Lucifer had 15 episodes on the can for the 5th season before shutdown, they went back on late summer early fall and finished that episode and already started shooting the next season.

Yeah, they wrapped Season 6 on March 31 according to Google.

Realistically they could have held that one for a while especially with the last lot of episodes dropping in late May. Considering Stranger Things is going to end up nearly 3 years..

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.