Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 499 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The Dexter continuation debuts in November.

Here’s the trailer

and Comic Con Panel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksrNrQx_JrE

Profile picture
    brit8
    Topics:

I saw this on the twitter timeline and don’t know the source of the information, but apparently Laura Linney will make her directorial debut in Season 4 of Ozark. It may be false, but I was happy with this possibility and wanted to post it here.

Yes, Laura mentioned back in February that she was going to direct for Ozark. I’m surprised that no media reporters picked up on it then or since then, but it’s happening.

Link to her mentioning it in an audio interview

It is strange if it’s true that they’re only on episode 11 now, though. Maybe that report was from a while ago? Because they were supposed to film from November to July, so they’d be quite a bit behind the initial schedule if they’re only on 11 now.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

It’s possible they didn’t shoot the episodes in order

Profile picture
    brit8
    Topics:

Yeah, true. In the past they’ve shot two at a time to coordinate the many different locations they alternate between, but this year with all of the new protocols it could be pretty different.

I’ve tried to look up that earlier posted info about them shooting episode 11 to no avail, I wish the person posted a source.

Profile picture
    brit8
    Topics:

I kept digging and found that info about the filming episode 11 thing. It’s from an Ozark facebook group. The admin posted it, but it’s just a fan group so I don’t know how credible the info would be. The post said:

FILMING UPDATE:
    Episode 11 is currently shooting with Laura Linney’s directing debut.
    However episode 10 is next to be shot as these two episodes were switched for scheduling.
    They are still on schedule to wrap early to mid October. Still no further word on any premiere date.

I’m not sure why it would take 11 months (initially they were reported to be wrapping in July) to film 14 episodes… I remember Bateman saying they normally film an episode in two weeks. In the comments section someone asked if the first 7 episodes will come out earlier, and the original poster replied “that’s the rumor. Hopefully in the next three months or so. I’d imagine we would have some trailer/announcement video coming by end of summer..hopefully” Again, no idea if this person is correct or not, though they claim to have a source on set.

ETA: In a post from March the same admin posted:

First block of episodes through episode 3 should be wrapped in about a week or so. Multiple shutdowns and slower production schedule and hours have affected the original schedule which was planned through August, but now could be looking closer to October.

So maybe they are just really behind. I hope they can at least get the first seven out soon, that person seems very confident it will be this year, at least.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Ozark will come out next Spring. Not only might they not be ready on time for a 2021 premiere but I can only imagine Netflix will want the best possible awards position for one of their biggest awards players and audience hits.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

This fan account claims that Euphoria will still be filming in August. But I don’t know how reliable this source is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EuphoriaSource/status/1418836108968927238

Profile picture
    brit8
    Topics:

I think Ozark will come out next Spring. Not only might they not be ready on time for a 2021 premiere but I can only imagine Netflix will want the best possible awards position for one of their biggest awards players and audience hits.

I really hope they don’t wait that long. They edit the footage as it’s sent to LA, so it’s very possible that the first seven could be ready soon. And they’ve never really held it for the perfect awards friendly date before. It’s always come out around 9-10 months after filming starts, basically as soon as it was ready. We’ve already waited 16 months, It’s hard to imagine they’d hold it for another 8-10 months further. Especially when they have another seven episodes wrapping up in the next few months.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’m not sure why it would take 11 months (initially they were reported to be wrapping in July) to film 14 episodes… I remember Bateman saying they normally film an episode in two weeks.

The reality is though very few dramas have actually wrapped an entire season within the pandemic so it’s a little hard to judge what’s normal. Of the returning shows Succession and The Morning Show I believe are the only ones that have. Stranger Things is still shooting and the started pre shutdown (currently month 11).

Profile picture
    brit8
    Topics:

The reality is though very few dramas have actually wrapped an entire season within the pandemic so it’s a little hard to judge what’s normal. Of the returning shows Succession and The Morning Show I believe are the only ones that have. Stranger Things is still shooting and the started pre shutdown (currently month 11).

For sure. It must be difficult. The vaccination rates are also really low in Georgia where they film, compared to NY where TMS & Succession film.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

For sure. It must be difficult. The vaccination rates are also really low in Georgia where they film, compared to NY where TMS & Succession film.

Yeah, so many variables.

It is very annoying for my winter awards predictions because SAG in particular love Netflix and it looks like a distinct possibility they really won’t have anything.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I hope he gets better soon.

Yeah, this is not great news.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

OH GOD PLS I HOPE BOB IS OK 😣

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.