Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 499 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Sure, but there are multiple people predicting Jacobson over Rosamund Pike who is an Oscar nominee, both shows sight-unseen.

Yeah, but Jacobson is in the project both more high-profile and more baity so… I have high hopes for The Wheel of Time, but I’m not entirely sure it breaks into acting

Oscars FYC:

Visual Effects: Free Guy

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Only if you include a writing nomination for the Kings too…

Make it both for their spectacular work on Evil

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Yeah, but Jacobson is in the project both more high-profile and more baity so… I have high hopes for The Wheel of Time, but I’m not entirely sure it breaks into acting

My hesitation isn’t people predicting The Gilded Age or the experienced actors. I’m just not inclined to put a sight-unseen actress who is part of a large ensemble in a sight-unseen show and sight-unseen part so high.

Corrin at least was playing an extremely well known person/character in a known entity show and Einbender (who has yet to be nominated) is part of a two hander.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Rosamund Pike who is an Oscar nominee

This is the Emmys, for a movie star to break into the drama fields they have to be pretty undeniable, they are better on the limited side and even there they are starting to get fatigued.

This is the same field who ignored Julia Roberts amazing turn on Homecoming, the same field who repeated Julia Garner over >>>Meryl Streep<<<, and the field that Al Pacino missed for a 4th Sterling K. Brown nomination and a Steve Carell out of nowhere nomination lol.

Being an A-Lister doesn’t mean that much these days.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

2) Rhea Seehorn – Better Call Saul

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

My hesitation isn’t people predicting The Gilded Age or the experienced actors. I’m just not inclined to put a sight-unseen actress who is part of a large ensemble in a sight-unseen show and sight-unseen part so high.

Corrin at least was playing an extremely well known person/character in a known entity show and Einbender (who has yet to be nominated) is part of a two hander.

Oh I see this now, it makes sense to be skeptical about her, newcomer in a stacked field, we don’t know how she is, she could be another Phoebe Dynevor for all we know, face internal competition, i do get your point
    Pike will for sure knock out of the park for sure, but this show could easily being another Hunters or Homecoming.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

This is the same field who ignored Julia Roberts amazing turn on Homecoming, the same field who repeated Julia Garner over >>>Meryl Streep<<<, and the field that Al Pacino missed for a 4th Sterling K. Brown nomination and a Steve Carell out of nowhere nomination lol. Being an A-Lister doesn’t mean that much these days.

The Oscar reference is an example – my point is, people know Pike. She was the first person that came to mind.  Brown and Carell aren’t unknowns, they’re known TV quantities.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Oscar reference is an example – my point is, people know Pike. She was the first person that came to mind. Brown and Carell aren’t unknowns, they’re known TV quantities.

I don’t know if Pike ever did TV, but that’s my point
    They tend to go for “newcomers” and/or people they already know from TV work.

Sorry if my English is messy, it’s 6 A.M. over here and i didn’t sleep yet so i may miss a thing or two.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

There are three young actresses in the main cast of The Gilded Age (at least this is what the unreliable Wikipedia said). All three of them are intriguing, to say the least. Denée Benton is a Tony-nominated actress, and perhaps is the only black actor among the cast. Her role seems to have a big arc along the seasons, so I think she’s going to get the attention later. Louisa Jacobson is what you all have known, but her role description does not give me any impression. Then we have AHS favourite, Taissa Farmiga, who’s kind of overdue of industry recognition. Her role may not give her a range we will be in awe of, but if she nails it, it will very well be a coattail nomination. However, it’s extremely hard to predict by these description. What I can say is that it’s going to win SAG Ensemble later (probably LOTR will give it a run for its money).

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Oh I see this now, it makes sense to be skeptical about her, newcomer in a stacked field, we don’t know how she is, she could be another Phoebe Dynevor for all we know, face internal competition, i do get your point Pike will for sure knock out of the park for sure, but this show could easily being another Hunters or Homecoming.

Bridgerton is Dyvenor’s seventh show. That’s not the same as having no screen experience outside of an unaired pilot. Corrin is maybe the most inexperienced actress in this category in decades and it was for playing one of the most famous women in the world. I see her as more as an exception rather than the rule. Einbender is a fairly unusual case too.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

er role seems to have a big arc along the seasons, so I think she’s going to get the attention later. Louisa Jacobson is what you all have known, but her role description does not give me any impression.

Yeah, I’m looking at HBO’s website now and whilst I get that she’s described as principle heroine…that can be read a lot of ways..she’s also sixth billed and fifth billed of all the women.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

she’s also sixth billed and fifth billed of all the women.

In all fairness she isn’t as much of a sell for viewers before the show premieres as much as Christine Baranski, Carrie Coon and Cynthia Nixon are.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

In all fairness she isn’t as much of a sell for viewers before the show premieres as much as Christine Baranski, Carrie Coon and Cynthia Nixon are.

You’re probably right but are HBO usually that baity with their billing that they’d bump a co-lead to sixth?

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Get real! Sandra Oh is winning for her final season

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Get real! Sandra Oh is winning for her final season

How about the first season of The Chair

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.