Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 499 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

“Loki, meanwhile, hit a high for its run — and a high for the three Marvel series on Disney+ so far — with 1.08 billion minutes of viewing for the week its fifth episode debuted. It improved by 33 percent (from 813 million minutes) from the prior week and passed the 924 million minutes for WandaVision‘s finale as the top performer among Disney+’s Marvel shows.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/virgin-river-loki-streaming-rankings-july-5-11-2021-1234993312/

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Her daughter in s3.. absolutely unbearable all of that should’ve been cut to give Sandra more screentime.

Hum that was dreadful lol

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

In two days?

I posted about not being caught up like 5 days ago darling it’s not that hard when there’s only 8 episodes.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

“Loki, meanwhile, hit a high for its run — and a high for the three Marvel series on Disney+ so far — with 1.08 billion minutes of viewing for the week its fifth episode debuted. It improved by 33 percent (from 813 million minutes) from the prior week and passed the 924 million minutes for WandaVision‘s finale as the top performer among Disney+’s Marvel shows.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/virgin-river-loki-streaming-rankings-july-5-11-2021-1234993312/

Best Drama winner wbk

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Her daughter in s3.. absolutely unbearable all of that should’ve been cut to give Sandra more screentime.

They wasted Gemma Whelan with this character.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Best Drama winner wbk

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Best Drama winner wbk

Obviously, I’m not naive to suggest that Loki will be nominated for Drama Series. But the fact that it was watched even more than WandaVision’s finale (according to Nielsen) when it was still in its fifth episode makes me wonder if the series can’t stand a chance of being nominated at winter awards like SAG or DGA.

In any case, the nominations for Cobra Kai, Emily in Paris, The Boys and The Mandalorian suggest that popularity is becoming an increasingly important factor for Emmys, for better or for worse.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Obviously, I’m not naive to suggest that Loki will be nominated for Drama Series. But the fact that it was watched even more than WandaVision’s finale (according to Nielsen) when it was still in its fifth episode makes me wonder if the series can’t stand a chance of being nominated at winter awards like SAG or DGA.

In any case, the nominations for Cobra Kai, Emily in Paris, The Boys and The Mandalorian suggest that popularity is becoming an increasingly important factor for Emmys, for better or for worse.

I think it will get Ensemble+ Hiddleston at SAG, also Marvel could get a stunt nod with Falcon or Hawkeye.
    It could get in at WGA as New Series, i don’t know if it will get the The Boys treatment

It’s good to remind that Marvel has 2 LA shows and 1 animated coming, so by the year ends, Loki might be old news.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Y: The Last Man trailer with Diane Lane (September) for FX on Hulu

(for the record they only wrapped like a week ago so I don’t know how indicative this is)

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

It’s good to remind that Marvel has 2 LA shows and 1 animated coming, so by the year ends, Loki might be old news.

There are rumors that Ms. Marvel will be pushed back to 2022, but Disney+ hasn’t confirmed it yet.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Carolyn’s arc is always boring, they tried more focus on her with S3 and it was worse, and when they pair her with Konstantin, my god…

Erm, Fiona was literally the MVP of season 3. Nothing about her was boring.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

She was excellent but i didn’t need her story to be so dominant, especially the daughter arc.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

She was good but that storyline was rotten darling.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Season 3 was very boring overall and this comes from someone who absolutely *loved* the first two seasons.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When Tom Pelphrey appears in Ozark season 4 and Michael McKean’s himself to a nomination…

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.