Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 3)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 501 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

An update from Jeff Bridges and a newer trailer for The Old Man.

https://jeffbridges.com/latest

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Julianna Margulies did an interview with Pilot podcast (who had seen the new season) in the UK yesterday. They referred to her as having a “guest spot” and showing up in S3 (whether their interpretation of Guest is the same as the Emmys I don’t know) but she is apparently excellent.

(Also super interesting conversation on her next career moves. She’s very up for guesting on Ted Lasso also haha).

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

(Also super interesting conversation on her next career moves. She’s very up for guesting on Ted Lasso also haha).

She’s coming for another Emmy

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Even if she’s only in a few episodes they can probably make their judgement call on whether she goes guest or supporting. That field isn’t weak but I think we’ve said before it has the most room for newcomers.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well if she appears on Ted Lasso I hope you can finally stan her excellence.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Well if she appears on Ted Lasso I hope you can finally stan her excellence.

Let’s see how she is on The Morning Show first darling

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Julianna needs a new manager methinks, she’s a 2 time Emmy Winner for one of the best shows out there, she shouldn’t be doing stuff like Dietland lol.

I hope The Morning Show is a beggining of a career renaissance for her.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    Tjuz
    Topics:

she shouldn’t be doing stuff like Dietland

Hey! Dietland was a fun show! I totally see why she signed on for that, even if it didn’t turn out to be a success in, well… any way.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Julianna needs a new manager methinks, she’s a 2 time Emmy Winner for one of the best shows out there, she shouldn’t be doing stuff like Dietland lol. I hope The Morning Show is a beggining of a career renaissance for her.

I wish she had her dietland look on the morning show tho

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Let’s see how she is on The Morning Show first darling

Why wait till The Morning Show when you can see her <i>The Good Wife</i> season 5 masterclass!

FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Why wait till The Morning Show when you can see her <i>The Good Wife</i> season 5 masterclass!

Hun I probably would give The Good Wife another chance if they didn’t take it off Amazon 💀

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Hun I probably would give The Good Wife another chance if they didn’t take it off Amazon

I’m so sick of the streaming library wars. I have six! paid streaming services and five free ones and they still keep moving stuff to other obscure services. C’mon.

As an aside, has all Showtime library stuff been moved to Paramount+ in the US? We also have Dexter as a Paramount+ exclusive (But The Good Fight is on free to air and Star Trek shows on Netflix. Go figure).

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I’m so excited for The Morning Show!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Margulies has said she’s in six of this season of The Morning Show‘s episodes so she’ll be going supporting regardless. It will be interesting to see how much narrative prominence she has in the season and if it’s more akin to Holly Hunter in Succession or Gillian Anderson in The Crown because that will ultimately determine her Emmy nomination and win chances (although I do think Holly Hunter might have not been so far off from happening last year).

FYC:

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

And then, of course, there’s Mike White’s surprise summer sensation “The White Lotus,” which has been renewed for a second season. “You never quite know when it hits the air, when it gets absorbed by culture, is it going to be something people talk about, obsess about?” Bloys said. “And I think first and foremost, the quality of the work will do that. But I think the subjects that he was examining are really timely. It turned out to be exceptional timing for a show like this. And I think everybody who Mike cast was doing some of their best work.”

Bloys said White had an idea for a second season from the very beginning, “and I will say, my initial reaction was basically questioning, ‘How would you do it? How would it work?’ When he told me his ideas at a different resort, I said, ‘Oh, okay, that makes perfect sense.’ I think anytime you get Mike kind of locked into an idea he’s excited about really terrific stuff happens.”

The second season “could be somewhere in Europe,” Bloys hinted, and added that it’s still not determined whether “White Lotus” will be classified as a drama or an anthology series. That may come down to casting. “Maybe there’s a character that pops in here or there, but it’s going to be mostly a new cast, new narrative,” he said. “Mike is thinking and possibly writing now.”

https://variety.com/2021/tv/awards/mare-of-easttown-white-lotus-lovecraft-country-hbo-max-casey-bloys-1235064673/amp/

Do you think it’s going Drama or Limited ?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.