Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 3)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 501 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://variety.com/2021/tv/awards/mare-of-easttown-white-lotus-lovecraft-country-hbo-max-casey-bloys-1235064673/amp/

Do you think it’s going Drama or Limited ?

Interesting question. I think it really depends on the field at the winter awards. Nominations wise HBO will have Landscapers, Mare of Easttown and Scenes From a Marriage. But at the same time are they really going to want The White Lotus and Succession to compete against each other in the same field when they can get two series wins.

Maybe they’ll keep The White Lotus in drama at the winter awards (like with Watchmen) and move it to limited in the Emmy field?

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    Snow
    Topics:

Does anyone know when the embargo for The Morning Show’s reviews lifts?

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Does anyone know when the embargo for The Morning Show’s reviews lifts?

The same day as the show debuts.

Profile picture
    Snow
    Topics:

Thanks

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Other projects on the horizon include the “Game of Thrones” prequel series “House of the Dragon,” which was briefly shut down due to COVID-19 but is back in production — but “nothing to report in that world, other than they are busy shooting,” he said.

They have an upfront in a week and their main competitor Netflix have a preview event in ten days…so I think this is going to end up coming out before Lord of The Rings but after Emmys cutoff – so June. There are some indications I believe that it’s wrapping or still filming in January not October according to casting calls and the fact that they’re still filming in the UK currently and haven’t been spotted in other Euro locations mid September correlates that.

They also 100% have enough with Succession, Euphoria, and The Gilded Age, let alone The White Lotus if it goes drama.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They also 100% have enough with Succession, Euphoria, and The Gilded Age, let alone The White Lotus if it goes drama.

And The Time Traveller’s Wife from Emmy winner Steven Moffatt.

FYC:
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

And The Time Traveller’s Wife from Emmy winner Steven Moffatt.

Correct! I think on balance June to August is a good time for them. I think HBO will ultimately prioritise House of The Dragon as much as they can but I’m not sure that requires an April/May release, and I think trying to compete against Stranger Things might be a fool’s errand from a viewership point of view. I don’t think there’s anything super significant likely to be debuting then from a drama POV.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Which generally isn’t a good sign.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Which generally isn’t a good sign.

Could be. Or Apple could be worried of the same drama that happened last year.

I wasn’t a massive fan of <i>The Morning Show</i> (I did like the performances though) but some of those early reviews were… strange. There was one criticising the show for having expensive production design lol.

FYC:

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Not saying TMS is a perfect show (it clearly isn’t) but some early reviews felt more like biased Apple drags than actual criticism of the program they were reviewing.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It could go either way
    Both The Queen’s Gambit and Halston lifted their embargo on the day of it’s release if I’m not mistaken and both followed a really different path

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Not saying TMS is a perfect show (it clearly isn’t) but some early reviews felt more like biased Apple drags than actual criticism of the program they were reviewing.

I think in context I get it – the per episode prices for this and See were reported as 25 million which when Apple were an untried new service seemed ludicrous (and still is completely bonkers, if it’s true), and S1 came out some time between the end of Thrones and the start of The Mandalorian when people were in a bit of a dismissive state about pricey shows.

The market view of Apple TV+ has changed a lot since then – I think people see them as more of a HBO direct competitor.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It could go either way Both The Queen’s Gambit and Halston lifted their embargo on the day of it’s release if I’m not mistaken and both followed a really different path

I mean they’re doing it for Foundation too and they’re confident enough in that to some aspect to have been promo-ing it for the best part of a year. I think after S1 and how much this is a priority for them I understand them embargo-ing.

I also think to be honest there is so much love for the cast even if the season isn’t well liked they could just end up in a situation like last year where the show doesn’t get in but the actors’ branch goes for it, which ultimately isn’t the end of the world.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If The White Lotus does go drama (as Casey Bloys suggested it might) how well do you guys think it can do?

FYC:

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

If The White Lotus does go drama (as Casey Bloys suggested it might) how well do you guys think it can do?

I haven’t seen TWL yet, but is Molly Shannon competitive in guest?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.