Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 3)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I have no idea how House of the Dragon will perform.

Big GoT fan here, but I’m not particularly bullish. There’s really substantive, wholesale change – completely new characters, almost total turnaround in crew and crafts, Sapochnik directing some eps and Djawadi doing the soundtrack are really the two constants.

It’s going to need to stand on its own. Of course we know it likely has a monster budget, which helps, and a certain, inbuilt level of eyes, which also helps.

I am somewhat of the opinion that we’ll see the ripples of the original GoT’s effect throughout the Emmys but less so to House of The Dragon itself – a general move towards genre, and the Benioff and Weiss produced The Chair, for instance, perhaps some noms for the original GoT cast elsewhere (ie Headey in The White House Plumbers).

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

According to the cinematographer Marcell Rév, Euphoria season 2 will be released in 2022: https://youtube.com/watch?v=x0LGnJfFhmQ

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It could purely because there are a lack of dramas on air right now but it feels like The Good Fight  has a bit of buzz right now and Paramount+ seems to be doing a lot more promotion for it than CBS All Access ever did. I wonder if it might surprise at a guild like WGA considering how weak the field is there.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I mean there’s obviously bias when someone is or isn’t watching a show as to the buzz of it, but as for someone who is not watching The Good Fight I have not noticed an uptick in buzz really at all, sans the RBG cameo. In contrast, I did notice buzz around Handmaid’s Tale Season 4 or something like The Boys last summer, both of which I don’t watch.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Every year we go through this with The Good Fight, it’s a very well made show but it’s probably never happening at the Emmys even if it should sweep.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Other than Succession and THT, I don’t feel confidence in anything else for WGA and The Good Fight is comparable to some of their past choices like Broad City and Mindhunter — Two shows that don’t have enough strong audience to breakthrough at the Emmys or Globes or SAGs, but enough acclaim and audience to break into Critics Awards and the WGA.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I mean there’s obviously bias when someone is or isn’t watching a show as to the buzz of it, but as for someone who is not watching The Good Fight I have not noticed an uptick in buzz really at all, sans the RBG cameo.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2021-08-12/the-good-fight-season-5-evil-season-2-the-good-wife-showrunners-robert-michelle-king

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/07/good-fight-season-5-buzz-robert-michelle-king

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-good-fight-is-flawless-this-season-how-do-i-convince-you-idiots-to-watch

I don’t disagree that it isn’t as buzzy as either of those shows were. However as someone who does watch the show there seems to be more of a “drive” for this season (which aside from maybe season 3 when Baranski did her own campaigning, there didn’t really feel like there was so much of?), especially amongst critics, and this seems to be something Paramount+ has been capitalising on. Just like The Handmaid’s Tale and The Boys, most if not all those who are watching agree that this is the best season of the show yet. I don’t think it will be anywhere near as successful as those shows were this year nor do I think that will result in a nomination at the Emmys for it this year but I think the overall passion this instalment of the show seems to have elicited has made it “louder” than it arguably has ever been and that can perhaps help it get a filler nomination at one of the guilds or help it overall in building more of a base in the future now that it is on a more visible (and growing) streamer.

FYC:
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

I absolutely love the show, but every year we go through the same, and every year there are the same think pieces from critics than then go nowhere in terms of recognition for the show, so not expecting it to happen anywhere other than Critics Choice Awards

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

The Old Man confirmed for 2022… And it’s likely that it will be eligible for the Emmy 2023.

“During FX Networks’ executive session at the summer TCA virtual press tour, Chairman John Landgraf detailed the company’s rollout plans through June 2022. While listing the series slated to premiere in the first half of 2022 he said, “at long last, the fantastic new drama series The Old Man starring Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow, Amy Brenneman and Alia Shawkat.”

Originally slated for a 2021 debut, the FX on Hulu series, which marks Bridges’ return to series television after five decades, has been on a production hiatus since October when the actor revealed that he has been diagnosed with lymphoma.

I hear the bulk of three episodes remain to be filmed. The hope is to resume production at the start of 2022 contingent on Bridges feeling well and getting green light from his doctors to return to work as well as the ever-evolving Covid situation. That would make the series available to launch towards the end of the six-month 2022 window listed by Landgraf.”

‘The Old Man’ Targets 2022 Premiere As FX On Hulu Series Starring Jeff Bridges Eyes Return To Production

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I honestly cannot wait for The Gilded Age. The casting alone is INSANE. Christine Baranski, Carrie Coon, Audra Mcdonald, Cynthia Nixon, Morgan Spector, Jeanne Tripplehorn…

FYC:

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

perhaps some noms for the original GoT cast elsewhere (ie Headey in The White House Plumbers).

*wins

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

*wins

When Hannah Waddingham presents her trophy.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

According to this, Ozark S4 is expected to finish filming on October 8, 2021.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m interested to see how Netflix split the season. Are they going to have the first half air next spring and the second half next Autumn and compete with both at the 2023 winter awards or are they going to air the second half during the early Spring in 2023?

Either way I can’t imagine Netflix want the fifth season of The Crown and the final season of Ozark competing with each other but what can one do?

FYC:

Profile picture
    antony
    Topics:

she is ready for 2023!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.