Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 3)

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I know it’s super early but I was wondering if anyone thinks Strong and Zendaya could plausibly repeat with O’Connor and Colman out of the way?

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I know it’s super early but I was wondering if anyone thinks Strong and Zendaya could plausibly repeat with O’Connor and Colman out of the way?

Doesn’t help that next year actor and actress field will almost be identical to 2020 and i don’t see no one from that field stopping both, maybe Jason Bateman but idk, that’s why I’m hopping HBO pushes whichever lady from The Gilded Age is in lead hard, repeats are boring.

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Plausibly? Sure. I think they’re both getting nominated again so that means that it is at least a possibility. But do I think it’s likely? No. I think Actor will go to Cox and Actress to either Staunton or an actress in a new show.

Oscars FYC:

Visual Effects: Free Guy

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Lol Z is not winning again. The novelty of Euphoria has worn off.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Lol Z is not winning again. The novelty of Euphoria has worn off.

You say that now, but when the show comes back it will be all over all of us again.
    It’s really a hit

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

I have never understood the hype around Euphoria, find it a bit cringey, severely dislike nepotism brat and self christened “visionary director” Sam whatshisface, and am yet to be impressed by Zendaya’s acting chops, so I will maintain my skepticism about her return to the Emmys until nomination day.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Actor will go to Cox and Actress to either Staunton or an actress in a new show.

The Crown will be ineligible next year.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I have never understood the hype around Euphoria, find it a bit cringey, severely dislike nepotism brat and self christened “visionary director” Sam whatshisface, and am yet to be impressed by Zendaya’s acting chops, so I will maintain my skepticism about her return to the Emmys until nomination day.

I don’t think it’s a good show, but Zendaya was very good and a very refreshing winner.
    Maybe they’ll switch the narrative to Hunter Schafer who seems to be on the rise? Who knows

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Someone start the Linney campaign train again so we can all be collectively disappointed 1 year from now after predicting her to #1 in the odds again

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Zendaya will probably be the #1 on the odds this time around

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

The Crown will be ineligible next year.

Yeah ur right im a dope. So then I’d be looking at someone in a new show, maybe a Gilded Age lady

Oscars FYC:

Visual Effects: Free Guy

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Someone start the Linney campaign train again so we can all be collectively disappointed 1 year from now after predicting her to #1 in the odds again

If I were Netflix and campaigning Linney, I would probably flip Millie Bobby Brown and Winona Ryder’s placement (which is outdated anyway).

Linney benefits from not having The Crown in contention.

Brown might not be able to win but she’d probably take enough votes away from Zendaya to cancel her out, and she’d be unlikely to grab internal Netflix votes from Linney because their fanbases are clearly different.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Doesn’t help that next year actor and actress field will almost be identical to 2020 and i don’t see no one from that field stopping both, maybe Jason Bateman but idk, that’s why I’m hopping HBO pushes whichever lady from The Gilded Age is in lead hard, repeats are boring.

I think Ozark probably shares a lot of the voting pool with Better Call Saul and is being cancelled out by Odenkirk (and thus will probably be win competitive for their final part of S4).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think Ozark probably shares a lot of the voting pool with Better Call Saul and is being cancelled out by Odenkirk (and thus will probably be win competitive for their final part of S4).

Bob wasn’t even nominated for S5, I doubt he’ll affect Jason that much
    But Jason is not that strong at the Emmys as showed by all his 3 acting nods, and as the show moves the focus from him to the women of the show, i can only see him winning with a sweep coming along.

That’s ofc the Emmys, SAG will award him forever

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Yeah ur right im a dope. So then I’d be looking at someone in a new show, maybe a Gilded Age lady

I think Drama actress and supporting actress are probably fairly susceptible to a breakout show. I’d be surprised if Garner won a third time (particularly given she’s likely to be a limited lead priority) and they flip constantly in lead, no one has repeated since Danes a decade ago. Drama actor and supporting actor could easily just repeat 2020 and are too stacked and Comedy conceivably could too.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Drama Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.