Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 2)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 502 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Now that the 2021 ceremony is over, expect the renewal news of Mare of Easttown.

This would be infuriating. Total category fraud.

Loved the show but it really irks me when they do this.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This would be infuriating. Total category fraud. Loved the show but it really irks me when they do this.

In all fairness it wasn’t exactly HBO’s fault. Mare of Easttown was originally conceived as a limited series and by the time it became the huge hit it was and a second season started to be considered the deadline for any Emmy category changes had already long passed. It would be sneaky of HBO to announce a renewal just after the Emmys have concluded but it’s not exactly much of a “fraud” when the show was originally conceived as a limited series.

If the show is renewed for a second season before the winter awards though then I hope it is moved into drama at the guilds by either HBO or the guilds themselves (like Big Little Lies was at PGA).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Midnight Mass reviews are raves. I cannot wait to see its MC score.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

HBO updated their FYC centre (because of the start of the next cycle) and The White Lotus is officially competing in limited/anthology.

Murray Bartlett lead actor winner
    Let’s manifest this shit

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Murray Bartlett lead actor winner Let’s manifest this shit

The Australian in me approves of this message, let’s go.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

HBO updated their FYC centre (because of the start of the next cycle) and The White Lotus is officially competing in limited/anthology.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

When i saw Euphoria I was hoping that meant a premiere before winter awards but then I realized it referenced the solo ep

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When i saw Euphoria I was hoping that meant a premiere before winter awards but then I realized it referenced the solo ep

Haha I thought the same.

You have to admire HBO’s intuitive to start their FYC season as soon as the previous Emmys have finished (Netflix haven’t started yet!)

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Luke Dias
    Topics:

I think we’re kind of underestimating the output from Marvel and Star Wars that’s going to be coming up this year. Granted we don’t know exact dates, but with how well Disney+ did in nominations this time around, I think that’s only going to go up from here on out as long as the quality justifies it. And yet I’ve not seen anyone here predict any of the confirmed shows, like Book of Boba Fett, even get nominated (though granted, even I am pretty confident they won’t win anything above-the-line).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Honestly I don’t see any Marvel shows getting in any time soon.

Perhaps an argument can be made for Star Wars spin off’s, they do have multi-generational appeal after all and the industry seems to consider Star Wars prestigious for some reason. However I think the one thing that seems to be overestimated is that popularity automatically guarantees a genre show awards success. Sure it can help a show’s chances but there’s a reason why stuff like The Umbrella Academy and Shadow and Bone don’t make it in at the Emmys. They lack the high brow appeal that Stranger ThingsWandaVision and Watchmen have/had.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    antony
    Topics:

First look at ‘The Girl Before’

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

First look at ‘The Girl Before’

Great to see Gugu in a leading role!

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Great to see Gugu in a leading role!

Robbed for the Morning Show S1. She was the person I wanted the most.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Robbed for the Morning Show S1. She was the person I wanted the most.

Black Mirror : San Junipero too!

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

nd yet I’ve not seen anyone here predict any of the confirmed shows, like Book of Boba Fett, even get nominated (though granted, even I am pretty confident they won’t win anything above-the-line).

Disney’s lack of transparency around what is drama and limited doesn’t help this to be fair (and Boba Fett hasn’t even revealed an extended cast)

I think there’s still significant love there for genre and it will manifest itself somehow, but it’s quite hard to work out how. 

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.