Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 2)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 503 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I will say out of all the winter awards contenders we know of thus far, Qualley does feel the likeliest to survive still the Emmys if we’re going on the critical reception of her show.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Midnight Mass is absolutely outstanding! Best Show of the year from Netflix easily! Im shook

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

Midnight Mass is absolutely outstanding! Best Show of the year from Netflix easily! Im shook

Only if the academy/award body wasn’t so repulsed by the horror genre!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Only if the academy/award body wasn’t so repulsed by the horror genre!

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

You forgot Kathy

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You forgot Kathy

Here you go hun.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

They all are recognizable names and industry favourites! Hunting of Hill House snub showed they will care for horror only when someone well-known is attached to those projects.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

They all are recognizable names and industry favourites! Hunting of Hill House snub showed they will care for horror only when someone well-known is attached to those projects.

Whilst horror bias may have played a factor (and I do think it did because the industry visibility for Mike Flangan’s excellent shows seems to be a lot smaller than the audience visibility) I don’t think it is the only factor that her Hill House. It’s like with Sex Education, Netflix not even being willing or bold enough to campaign for it has cost these shows.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I do feel like they tried with Hill House but the drama categorization for winter awards was a mess and ultimately all momentum was lost by the time it went back to limited (wasn’t it assumed that they went drama because they were aiming at Drama Ensemble at SAG?). Bly Manor was less well received so there was no point for them to try anything especially with The Queen’s Gambit cannibalizing all their attention. Maybe they will try with Midnight Mass but they will probably push Maid way more.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Darlings i know I’m gonna get dragged for this but WTF is this Impeachment season?
    Jesus, I’m midway through episode two and i just wanna kill myself.

I hope it gets better.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jesus, I’m midway through episode two and i just wanna kill myself.

I haven’t seen it yet but darling I-

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I haven’t seen it yet but darling I-

I mean with zero sarcasm or irony when I say that i had more fun watching Ratched than those first two.
    Everything is so wrong, I cannot, what is Sarah Paulson doing? Is she even trying? Beanie is just whatever and Clive Owen barely appeared yet.

The cinematography is not working for me either.

Props to Annaleigh Ashford tho, she’s being great.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m starting to wonder if Impeachment might get shut out above the line completely at the Emmys. I do think it will garner some guild and winter awards nominations but the field looks like it might be very competitive and this season seems to have been met with quite a bit of apathy thus far.

I think Feldstein and Paulson will be able to make it in at the winter awards at least on the basis that they’ve got incredibly baity roles but with Viola Davis coming along in the Spring as Michelle Obama, Sarah Lancashire as Julia Child and Lily James coming along as Pamela Anderson I’m not sure how much the bait of Feldstein and Paulson’s roles will help them stay in the conversation.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’m starting to wonder if Impeachment might get shut out above the line completely at the Emmys. I do think it will garner some guild and winter awards nominations but the field looks like it might be very competitive and this season seems to have been met with quite a bit of apathy thus far.

Apathetic is the right word, it’s how I feel about it. That + the “only available on FX thing” possibly won’t help it. I don’t hate it but I just don’t have any passion for it nor much drive to finish it.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I doubt Paulson will be snubbed for SAG (unless Hopelesstar predicts her). Apart from Winslet, the field is kind of empty till now.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.