Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 2)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 502 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

She already was. Many times.

But this time the field is barren. I feel that in the absence of any solid players, SAG may default to known faces from known franchises.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But this time the field is barren.

Is it?

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Is it?

You forgot someone:

Julia

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You forgot someone: Julia

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think one of the two Sara or Beanie will get in at SAG, not so sure about both.
    Margaret, Jessica, Olivia, Kate, Jennifer…
    Idk

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

By virtue,many actresses fighting for the remaining 4 slots. As per current reality,no one seems strong.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Mike Flanagan is trending on Twitter.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wonder where Showtime places its three First Ladies. I definitely think at least Davis can happen in lead but the field is very competitive in lead this year (and even more so than supporting) so I wonder if they push all three of Gillian, Viola and Michelle in supporting to maximise their nomination chances.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Didn’t know where to share this,so here.

Moses Ingram’s perfect reaction to the producer of The Queen’s Gambit’s speech.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Didn’t know where to share this,so here. https://twitter.com/bananapeele/status/1439789880616304641?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1439789880616304641%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fonmilwaukee.com%2Farticles%2Femmys-winners-losers-2021 Moses Ingram’s perfect reaction to the producer of The Queen’s Gambit making the sexist comment related to Anya Taylor Joy.

She’s right! That comment was one of the worst moments of the night.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I wonder where Showtime places its three First Ladies. I definitely think at least Davis can happen in lead but the field is very competitive in lead this year (and even more so than supporting) so I wonder if they push all three of Gillian, Viola and Michelle in supporting to maximise their nomination chances.

How do you guys feel about Showtime generally Emmys wise? I would not have predicted Macy to be the sole Showtime nominee and Hawke miss out lol

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

She could also be referring to Scott Frank’s speech.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

How do you guys feel about Showtime generally Emmys wise? I would not have predicted Macy to be the sole Showtime nominee and Hawke miss out lol

I don’t think they’re as big a player as they used to be and that they’re on the wane awards wise but they still do seem to be attracting Hollywood’s biggest names so if they have a big enough project I can see them getting back into the Emmys race. Escape at Dannemora wasn’t so long after all.

I think the main problem with The Good Lord Bird is that whilst critics adored it and Hawke had a lot of buzz, it ultimately didn’t have such strong industry or audience word of mouth. It already started out low at the winter awards behind I May Destroy You, <i>The Queen’s Gambit</i>, Small Axe and <i>The Undoing</i> and only went lower as Mare of Easttown and WandaVision premiered. With how high profile The First Lady seems to be and its Spring release date I don’t think that will really be much of a case. Viola and Gillian (at this point with her resurgence stateside) seem like they’ll be big enough industry draws.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Trash
    They should’ve capitalize more for The Good Lord Bird, instead all i was seeing was Your Honor

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Guess they really wanted to call Your Honor S2 an “Emmy-nominated” hit

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.