Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 2)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Night Of, Sharp Objects, I May Destroy You, The White Lotus…

Let’s hope it doesn’t end like Shark Objects then.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

First look at Olivia Colman and David Thewlis in “Landscapers”. https://t.co/627aHmaJuT?amp=1

I had a high expectation, but not this high. I mean the visual style is just extremely interesting. I hope the writing can do it all justice.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

besides Nicholson

And she’ll kill your dog too

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Here’s how The White Lotus can get nominated five times in supporting actress next year:

Brittany O’Grady erasure though. She was amazing as Paula.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Updated predictions (obviously done in likelihood of nomination at this stage).

I think HBO will be strategic and submit Bartlett and Britton in lead for The White Lotus.

Limited Series

1. Impeachment : American Crime Story (FX)
    2. Landscapers (HBO)
    3. Anatomy of a Scandal (Netflix)
    4. Scenes From a Marriage (HBO)
    5. The First Lady (Showtime)

6. The White Lotus (HBO)
    7. Pam and Tommy (Hulu)
    8. Inventing Anna (Netflix)
    9. The Shrink Next Door (AppleTV+)
    10. Dopesick (Hulu)

Next in Line: A Very British Scandal, Colin in Black and White

Limited/Movie Actress

1. Sarah Paulson, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    2. Beanie Feldstein, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    3. Olivia Colman, Landscapers
    4. Viola Davis, The First Lady
    5. Gillian Anderson, The First Lady

6. Jessica Chastain, Scenes From a Marriage
    7. Sienna Miller, Anatomy of a Scandal
    8. Lily James, Pam and Tommy
    9. Connie Britton, The White Lotus
    10. Julia Garner, Inventing Anna

Limited/Movie Actor

1. Clive Owen, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    2. Murray Bartlett, The White Lotus
    3. David Thewliss, Landscapers
    4. Oscar Isaac, Scenes From a Marriage
    5. Sebastian Stan, Pam and Tommy

6. Paul Rudd, The Shrink Next Door
    7. Will Ferrell, The Shrink Next Door
    8. Michael Keaton, Dopesick
    9. Paul Bettany, A Very British Scandal
    10. Jaden Michael, Colin in Black and White

Limited/Movie S. Actress

1. Michelle Dockery, Anatomy of a Scandal
    2. Annaleigh Ashford, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    3. Edie Falco, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    4. Anna Chlumsky, Inventing Anna
    5. Naomi Scott, Anatomy of a Scandal
    6. Jennifer Coolidge, The White Lotus

7. Kathryn Hahn, The Shrink Next Door
    8. Dakota Fanning, The First Lady
    9. Ellen Burstyn, The First Lady
    10. Laverne Cox, Inventing Anna

Limited/Movie S. Actor

1. Rupert Friend, Anatomy of a Scandal
    2. O-T Fagbenle, The First Lady
    3. Seth Rogen, Pam and Tommy
    4. Kiefer Sutherland, The First Lady
    5. Daniel Rigby, Landscapers
    6. Aaron Eckhardt, The First Lady

7. Nick Offerman, Pam and Tommy
    8. Michael Stuhlbarg, Dopesick
    9. Will Poulter, Dopesick
    10. Steve Zahn, The White Lotus

Limited/Movie Writing

1. Ed Sinclair, Landscapers
    2. Sarah Burgess, Impeachment
    3. David E. Kelley and Melissa James Gibson, Anatomy of a Scandal
    4. Hagai Levi, Scenes From a Marriage
    5. Mike White, The White Lotus
    6. Georgia Pritchett, The Shrink Next Door

7. Robert Siegel and D.V. DeVincentis, Pam and Tommy
    8. Danny Strong, Dopesick
    9. Aaron Cooley, The First Lady
    10. Sarah Phelps, A Very British Scandal

Limited/Movie Directing

1. Ryan Murphy, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    2. Will Sharpe, Landscapers
    3. Susanne Bier, The First Lady
    4. S.J. Clarkson, Anatomy of a Scandal
    5. Michael Uppendahl, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    6. Hagai Levi, Scenes From a Marriage

7. Mike White, The White Lotus
    8. Craig Gillespie, Pam and Tommy
    9. David Frankel, Inventing Anna
    10. Michael Showalter, The Shrink Next Door

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Updated predictions (obviously done in likelihood of nomination at this stage). I think HBO will be strategic and submit Bartlett and Britton in lead for The White Lotus. Limited Series 1. Impeachment : American Crime Story (FX) 2. Landscapers (HBO) 3. Anatomy of a Scandal (Netflix) 4. Scenes From a Marriage (HBO) 5. The First Lady (Showtime) 6. The White Lotus (HBO) 7. Pam and Tommy (Hulu) 8. Inventing Anna (Netflix) 9. The Shrink Next Door (AppleTV+) 10. Dopesick (Hulu) Next in Line: A Very British Scandal, Colin in Black and White Limited/Movie Actress 1. Sarah Paulson, Impeachment : American Crime Story 2. Beanie Feldstein, Impeachment : American Crime Story 3. Olivia Colman, Landscapers 4. Viola Davis, The First Lady 5. Gillian Anderson, The First Lady 6. Jessica Chastain, Scenes From a Marriage 7. Sienna Miller, Anatomy of a Scandal 8. Lily James, Pam and Tommy 9. Connie Britton, The White Lotus 10. Julia Garner, Inventing Anna Limited/Movie Actor 1. Clive Owen, Impeachment : American Crime Story 2. Murray Bartlett, The White Lotus 3. David Thewliss, Landscapers 4. Oscar Isaac, Scenes From a Marriage 5. Sebastian Stan, Pam and Tommy 6. Paul Rudd, The Shrink Next Door 7. Will Ferrell, The Shrink Next Door 8. Michael Keaton, Dopesick 9. Paul Bettany, A Very British Scandal 10. Jaden Michael, Colin in Black and White Limited/Movie S. Actress 1. Michelle Dockery, Anatomy of a Scandal 2. Annaleigh Ashford, Impeachment : American Crime Story 3. Edie Falco, Impeachment : American Crime Story 4. Anna Chlumsky, Inventing Anna 5. Naomi Scott, Anatomy of a Scandal 6. Jennifer Coolidge, The White Lotus 7. Kathryn Hahn, The Shrink Next Door 8. Dakota Fanning, The First Lady 9. Ellen Burstyn, The First Lady 10. Laverne Cox, Inventing Anna Limited/Movie S. Actor 1. Rupert Friend, Anatomy of a Scandal 2. O-T Fagbenle, The First Lady 3. Seth Rogen, Pam and Tommy 4. Kiefer Sutherland, The First Lady 5. Daniel Rigby, Landscapers 6. Aaron Eckhardt, The First Lady 7. Nick Offerman, Pam and Tommy 8. Michael Stuhlbarg, Dopesick 9. Will Poulter, Dopesick 10. Steve Zahn, The White Lotus Limited/Movie Writing 1. Ed Sinclair, Landscapers 2. Sarah Burgess, Impeachment 3. David E. Kelley and Melissa James Gibson, Anatomy of a Scandal 4. Hagai Levi, Scenes From a Marriage 5. Mike White, The White Lotus 6. Georgia Pritchett, The Shrink Next Door 7. Robert Siegel and D.V. DeVincentis, Pam and Tommy 8. Danny Strong, Dopesick 9. Aaron Cooley, The First Lady 10. Sarah Phelps, A Very British Scandal Limited/Movie Directing 1. Ryan Murphy, Impeachment : American Crime Story 2. Will Sharpe, Landscapers 3. Susanne Bier, The First Lady 4. S.J. Clarkson, Anatomy of a Scandal 5. Michael Uppendahl, Impeachment : American Crime Story 6. Hagai Levi, Scenes From a Marriage 7. Mike White, The White Lotus 8. Craig Gillespie, Pam and Tommy 9. David Frankel, Inventing Anna 10. Michael Showalter, The Shrink Next Door

the erasure…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

the erasure…

I currently have her and Foy around 11th and 12th. They have baity roles and if they deliver as they have in the past I probably will like the performances a lot but it’s a competitive field!

I do wonder if we might end up overestimating Julia Garner. I think Inventing Anna will be an audience hit and I have Chlumsky comfortably getting in but I feel like the show will have to be an upper tier contender or her performance here will have to be undeniable or her to get double nominations (a bit like Smart this year).

FYC:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Limited/Movie Actress

1. Sarah Paulson, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    2. Beanie Feldstein, Impeachment : American Crime Story
    3. Olivia Colman, Landscapers
    4. Viola Davis, The First Lady
    5. Gillian Anderson, The First Lady

6. Jessica Chastain, Scenes From a Marriage
    7. Sienna Miller, Anatomy of a Scandal
    8. Lily James, Pam and Tommy
    9. Connie Britton, The White Lotus
    10. Julia Garner, Inventing Anna

I actually don’t think Chastain will miss a nomination. She will act the helll out of the role (although from the trailer I got the vibe Isaac will be a more tour de force) and it’s wrong to bet against an Oscar Darling in Limited Category for a nom as long as she’s not on The Undoing.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I currently have her and Foy around 11th and 12th. They have baity roles and if they deliver as they have in the past I probably will like the performances a lot but it’s a competitive field! I do wonder if we might end up overestimating Julia Garner. I think Inventing Anna will be an audience hit and I have Chlumsky comfortably getting in but I feel like the show will have to be an upper tier contender or her performance here will have to be undeniable or her to get double nominations (a bit like Smart this year).

I still would put her in the top10 tbh. Betty Ford apparently is an extremely baity role (the most of the three going by history) and it’s obviously a transformative performance. I have a feeling they’ll end up pushing her or Gillian (or both) supporting, just like Big Little Lies. I don’t see them submitting all three lead. And Viola is for sure going lead, considering she’s an executive producer. If Michelle goes supporting, I think she’ll become the frontrunner, just for the nature of the performance alone.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I actually don’t think Chastain will miss a nomination. She will act the helll out of the role (although from the trailer I got the vibe Isaac will be a more tour de force) and it’s wrong to bet against an Oscar Darling in Limited Category for a nom as long as she’s not on The Undoing.

I wouldn’t call Jessica an Oscar darling, considering she missed for A Most Violent Year and Molly’s Game. But I do think she’ll get in as of now. Scenes From a Marriage seems to be a huge priority for HBO and both her and Oscar do seem to be delivering some of their career best performances, if not the best. But we never know…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

and it’s wrong to bet against an Oscar Darling in Limited Category for a nom as long as she’s not on The Undoing.

FYC:

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Jessica looked fantastic in the trailer, I think it’s all a matter of whether the show is good or not.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Chastain will deliver one of the most acclaimed performances of the year (she looked excellent in that trailer) but I think she can easily miss if she doesn’t win something at the winter awards or some of these spring contenders end up disappointing. These past few years have proven that really unless you start off first after the winter awards or your show is the series frontrunner that anyone is vulnerable to missing with such an early release date in a competitive limited field.

2021: Ethan Hawke
    2020: Kaitlyn Dever, Merritt Wever
    2019: Emma Stone
    2017: Bryce Dallas Howard, Jude Law

Riz Ahmed and Michaela Coel of course both subverted this trend but both them themselves and their shows still had a tonne of hype going into voting (and one of them won).

FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Robbed

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.