Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 500 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I think it will. Could get the spring slot like Mare, Chernobyl, etc. What other players does HBO have (not HBO Max)? Scenes is coming in September. Landscapers is done filming so it will probably be released late this year/early next year. I think that’s it.

They already have House of the dragons in the spring slot tho

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Love and Death, Station Eleven, DMZ, The Girl Before, The Staircase and The Tourist.

Love and Death is filming from September to March, so that’s definitely in play for the 2023 Emmy’s.

They already have House of the dragons in the spring slot tho

That’s a drama series though. I don’t think that would interfere with the release of a 6 part limited series. I’m also not fully ready to believe that House of Dragon will be ready by the spring, especially if COVID keeps presenting them with issues while filming (like it is now).

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Love and Death is filming from September to March, so that’s definitely in play for the 2023 Emmy’s.

The Tourist would be very close to wrapping in Australia they’ve been going for months, although it may be complicated by the fact that state is in total lockdown at the moment.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Limited Series:
    1- The White House Plumbers (HBO)
    2- Impeachment: ACS (FX)
    3- Pam & Tommy (Hulu)
    4- DMZ (HBO Max)
    5- The Essex Serpent (Apple TV +)

Lead Actor
    1- Tom Hiddleston – The Essex Serpent
    2- Woody Harrelson – The White House Plumbers
    3- Sebastian Stan – Pam & Tommy
    4- Paul Bettany – A Very English Scandal
    5- Justin Theroux – The White House Plumbers

Lead Actress
    1- Beanie Feldstein – Impeachment: ACS
    2- Claire Danes – The Essex Serpent
    3- Claire Foy – A Very English Scandal
    4- Rosario Dawson – DMZ
    5- Lily James – Pam & Tommy

Supporting Actor
    1- Seth Rogen – Pam & Tommy
    2- Billy Eichner – Impeachment: ACS
    3- Domhall Gleeson – The White House Plumbers
    4- OT Fagbenle – The First Lady
    5- Rich Sommer – The White House Plumbers
    6- Ike Barinholtz – The White House Plumbers

Supporting Actress:
    1- Viola Davis – The First Lady
    2- Lena Headey – The White House Plumbers
    3- Sarah Paulson – Impeachment: ACS
    4- Eddie Falco – Impeachment: ACS
    5- Gillian Anderson – The First Lady
    6- Jennifer Coolidge – The White Lotus

I have no interest whatsoever in watching any of these politics shows, tbf. I’d rather see an American Crime Story season about something like the disappearence of Rebecca Coriam in the Disney Wonder cruise ship.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Are we sure The Essex Serpent is a limited series? Every article I’ve read about it hasn’t stated that’s it’s one, which they normally do if it is a limited series. Only place that seems to think so is IMDb which I usually don’t trust in these situations.

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

Are we sure The Essex Serpent is a limited series? Every article I’ve read about it hasn’t stated that’s it’s one, which they normally do if it is a limited series. Only place that seems to think so is IMDb which I usually don’t trust in these situations.

Variety reported it as a drama so no I don’t think it’s a limited series

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

The only reason I thought it was a Limited Series it’s because it has Tom Hiddleston in it and I’m not sure if he would get attached to an ongoing Series that isn’t related to his MCU character.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

This got asked before – it is a limited series. The IMDB is backed up by references to it being limited on the writers/director’s CVs on their agency sites.

I used IMDB a hell of a lot for work and if it is wrong it is generally in the reverse order (ie series listed as ongoing that are actually limited). Hiddleston is also doing a second series of Loki and it’s pretty uncommon to run two shows concurrently that early in their run.

Profile picture
    ahmad769
    Topics:
    1. Five days at memorial
    2. The white house plumbers
    3. Impeachment
    4. Masters of air
    5. The last days of Ptolemy Grey
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The First Lady just added Ellen Burstyn and Eliza Scanlen to the already ridiculously star-studded cast. With a spring release and half of Hollywood being in this, I have high hopes. The power of Viola Davis.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1418633535917723656?s=20

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When Gillian Anderson gets lead (The First Lady), supporting (Sex Education) and guest (The Great) acting nominations next year…

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Limited Series: 1- The White House Plumbers (HBO) 2- Impeachment: ACS (FX) 3- Pam & Tommy (Hulu) 4- DMZ (HBO Max) 5- The Essex Serpent (Apple TV +) Lead Actor 1- Tom Hiddleston – The Essex Serpent 2- Woody Harrelson – The White House Plumbers 3- Sebastian Stan – Pam & Tommy 4- Paul Bettany – A Very English Scandal 5- Justin Theroux – The White House Plumbers Lead Actress 1- Beanie Feldstein – Impeachment: ACS 2- Claire Danes – The Essex Serpent 3- Claire Foy – A Very English Scandal 4- Rosario Dawson – DMZ 5- Lily James – Pam & Tommy Supporting Actor 1- Seth Rogen – Pam & Tommy 2- Billy Eichner – Impeachment: ACS 3- Domhall Gleeson – The White House Plumbers 4- OT Fagbenle – The First Lady 5- Rich Sommer – The White House Plumbers 6- Ike Barinholtz – The White House Plumbers Supporting Actress: 1- Viola Davis – The First Lady 2- Lena Headey – The White House Plumbers 3- Sarah Paulson – Impeachment: ACS 4- Eddie Falco – Impeachment: ACS 5- Gillian Anderson – The First Lady 6- Jennifer Coolidge – The White Lotus I have no interest whatsoever in watching any of these politics shows, tbf. I’d rather see an American Crime Story season about something like the disappearence of Rebecca Coriam in the Disney Wonder cruise ship.

Yay someone predicting Queen Foy!

If The Essex Serpent ends up being that big a contender, I think Clemence Poesy might get in too. Her role sounds baity.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/la_Biennale/status/1419596606547058688

Scenes From a Marriage will premiere at Venice.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/la_Biennale/status/1419596606547058688

Scenes From a Marriage will premiere at Venice.

Well the last time HBO sent a miniseries to Venice, this happened…

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

The First Lady just added Ellen Burstyn and Eliza Scanlen to the already ridiculously star-studded cast. With a spring release and half of Hollywood being in this, I have high hopes. The power of Viola Davis. https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1418633535917723656?s=20

and Cailee Spaneey who was nom-worthy for Mare in just one episode of screentime!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories’ is closed to new replies.