Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 500 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I thought Falco was barely going to be in it? And couldn’t she easily overcome a vote split with the transformation she’s serving?

Not my Wendy Williams gif flopping 💀💀💀.

That could very well be the case with Falco and Paulson could very well overcome the split but I’m always sceptical about someone over-coming a vote-split with two or more co-stars. Especially in a field that looks to be competitive as this one. Sure Falco might end up hardly being in it but she’s also beloved veteran actress Edie Falco playing Hillary Clinton. So even if her role isn’t particularly note-worthy, it’s hard to ignore the fact that if nominated, the fact that someone as beloved as Falco playing someone as high profile as Clinton might be enough to steal some votes away from Ashford and Paulson in supporting with their baity performances and lead for someone else from another show to win. After all who knows if Ramirez might have won if Ricky Martin was snubbed and he only faced internal competition from Wittrock?

Anyway it’s hard to really discuss deeply when we haven’t even seen a trailer yet haha.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anywhere? Or just the US?

Just the US. Bad Education had a theatrical release outside of the US but was still Emmy eligible because it didn’t have one in the US.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Just the US. Bad Education had a theatrical release outside of the US but was still Emmy eligible because it didn’t have one in the US.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking of. I could have sworn it had a release here.

Profile picture
    Grace
    Topics:

Am I the only one that thinks Pam and Tommy is going to flop? I’m sure a lot of people will watch it but critical reception will be so-so I think.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Am I the only one that thinks Pam and Tommy is going to flop? I’m sure a lot of people will watch it but critical reception will be so-so I think.

It feels like it fits in with the spate of 90s-adjacent programming and will probably get viewership but I really struggle to see the industry supporting what is an extended unauthorised biopic of still-alive entertainers whose story is arguably not necessary to tell unless it is particularly nuanced.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Darlings, Lily Rabe has joined The First Lady. Underestimate this show at your own peril. The cast is NUTS.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1420074802270785538?s=19

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I think Siegel (The Wrestler) and DeVincentis (ACS S1, High Fidelity (film)) being the showrunners gives me confidence that it will at least be good despite the seemingly trashy subject matter. The crew they’ve assembled also has a very successful awards history. With it already being quite buzzy, it has major potential to be an awards player imo.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Darlings, Lily Rabe has joined The First Lady. Underestimate this show at your own peril. The cast is NUTS. https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1420074802270785538?s=19

Showtime is thirsty AF!

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Same, it’s giving me flop.

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

Darlings, Lily Rabe has joined The First Lady. Underestimate this show at your own peril. The cast is NUTS.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1420074802270785538?s=19

The cast is great but it also gives me vibes of other political Showtime shows (The Comey Rule, The Loudest Voice) that failed to succeed with critics and audiences.

But for sure Viola will be SAG-nominated

Profile picture
    winslets
    Topics:

The cast is great but it also gives me vibes of other political Showtime shows (The Comey Rule, The Loudest Voice) that failed to succeed with critics and audiences. But for sure Viola will be SAG-nominated

It could actually happen, but The First Lady will likely be released in the first half of 2022, while The Loudest Voice was released in June 2019 and The Good Lord Bird in November of last year. Voters will likely remember the series more easily. Also, it is a series with Viola Davis, Michelle Pfeiffer and Gillian Anderson. The ratings will likely be higher than the other two series.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Half of Hollywood signed onto this project. Showtime is airing it in the spring. They def have confidence in this project.

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

I don’t need Lily Rabe in an other small or thankless role

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

Showtime is airing it in the spring.

Is there a source for this or is it a guess based on the shooting times?

If true it would be indeed good for its chances

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It feels like The Act 2.0
    Good show with great acting but nothing more to it.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories’ is closed to new replies.