Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 500 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

this category next year will serve what this year did not get!

Wbk. The Hamilton ladies ruined what could have otherwise been a strong category.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The White Lotus’ “power bottom” scene is going viral on TikTok (700k likes, so far)

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I really don’t think HBO was planning this to be a hit, the date was something.

Now that it is they better save some campaign money to remind voters next year.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I think the date was more about how it’s the perfect show to air in summer thematically.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think the date was more about how it’s the perfect show to air in summer thematically.

Oh yeah, you do have a point

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I think Beanie (or any fall-airing contender, but for now focusing on Beanie) has a much better shot at winning if Winslet loses the Emmy. If Winslet wins the Emmy, then she’s on track to sweep SAG and CC, and a fall contender who misses winter award wins makes a much less formidable frontrunner. Think about how quickly we all jumped ship from Jean to Kaley because Kaley has no hardware. Compare that to Kate vs Anya, and while Kate leads the odds nobody is certain who is winning that race. Granted, we won’t have GG, but still.

While it could be the year of Jessica Chastain or someone else, I think the crowning of Beanie/redemption arc for Lewinsky is the best narrative with all these projects still sight unseen (also, we at least know Impeachment will be watched). Kind of a Marcia Clark/Paulson in that its awarding someone Hollywood wants to award while also giving the real person a redemption tour.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I still think Winslet can win SAG even if she loses the Emmy. She’s the type of star they seem to like to deviate from top winter awards contenders to award (i.e. Viola Davis, Jason Bateman), her show is a big hit and I think she could benefit from a Feldstein/Paulson split.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I need to see the reviews for Beanie first and how the season overall is received. Apparently, the people who went to the screening of the first episode of the show acclaimed Sarah Paulson the most and Annaleigh Ashford also received a good amount of attention. The reception for Beanie was quite muted, in general. This could either mean she’s not really as amazing as we think or probably doesn’t have much to do in the premiere. I honestly think there’s a chance Paulson pulls a Lithgow/Anderson at SAG, in the sense they’re not the lead of the show but their performance is so big that it’ll be hard for voters to ignore. Regarding the other contenders, I think we are underestimating Scenes from a Marriage but we’ll see. If the show is as acclaimed as I hope it’ll be and Kate doesn’t win the Emmy, I could see it pulling a BLL/FV at SAG. But the girls from ACS also would need to split. Like I said, we’ll need to wait to see how things unfold.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I hate those 5 slots at SAG, and combining Lead and Supporting, i really hate it.
    I think it will be Kate, Jessica, Sarah, Beanie and idk, someone from Netflix since they love them.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Whether Paulson or Feldstein (or a non Impeachment contender) win here at the end of the day depends on how strong Impeachment is as a contender. If it ends up being as strong as The People vs OJ Simpson or Succession in actors branch support then vote-splitting might not be so much of an issue for them but if it ends up like <i>The Assassination of Gianni Versace</i> then it might be too big a hurdle for both of them. Especially considering how Versace essentially limped to the finishing line in a field that was weaker than both the succeeding Emmy fields and this year’s field and it looks like next year’s will be even stronger.

Regardless of who wins I have to say it’s so interesting seeing this category become more and more competitive with each passing year. Who would have thought this time last year that this year’s limited/movie actress race would be so competitive even with a winter awards sweeper?

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Tjuz
    Topics:

don’t forget about her! this category next year will serve what this year did not get!

Let’s also not forget this other overdue queen who really should have an Emmy by now…

null

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When was the last time we heard about Landscapers?

It wrapped shooting in May.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With the amount of anthologies in contention next year and the amount of shows with multiple leads, could we see both the lead and supporting slots increase?

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I think and hope so!

FYC -
    • The Power of the Dog - All categories, especially Picture/Director/Adapted Screenplay (Jane Campion), Best Supporting Actress (Kirsten Dunst), Best Supporting Actor (Kodi Smit-McPhee), and Best Cinematography (Ari Wegner)
    • Passing - Best Actress (Tessa Thompson), Best Supporting Actress (Ruth Negga)
    • The Lost Daughter in all categories, especially Picture/Director/Adapted Screenplay (Maggie Gyllenhaal), Best Actress (Olivia Colman), and Best Supporting Actress (Jessie Buckley)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Probably not going anywhere, but The Pursuit of Love is getting a lot of new reviews whit it’s arrival on Amazon.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories’ is closed to new replies.