Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 500 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cravemedia_/status/1422640758574571522

Amanda Seyfried in The Dropout.

IMO this should be a dark comedy/satire on the same verge as Succession. The story of this lady is so fucked up and hilarious that it SHOULD be a comedy.
    I don’t know if it’s gonna work if they are taking themselves too serious.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cravemedia_/status/1422640758574571522 Amanda Seyfried in The Dropout. IMO this should be a dark comedy/satire on the same verge as Succession. The story of this lady is so fucked up and hilarious that it SHOULD be a comedy. I don’t know if it’s gonna work if they are taking themselves too serious.

Considering Kate McKinnon was involved previously, I think you might be on to something.

I anticipate it will have an I, Tonya style narrative format. If Seyfried pulls this off, it could be a winning role for her (will be interesting to see if it competes this season or next).

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    Luke Dias
    Topics:

ACTRESS

• Olivia Colman, Landscapers
    • Beanie Feldstein, Impeachment
    • Lily James, Pam & Tommy
    • Sienna Miller, Anatomy of a Scandal
    • Sarah Paulson, Impeachment

ACTOR

• Jamie Dornan, The Tourist
    • Oscar Isaac, Scenes from a Marriage
    • Temuera Morrison, The Book of Boba Fett
    • Will Ferrell, The Shrink Next Door
    • Sebastian Stan, Pam & Tommy

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

• Annaleigh Ashford, Impeachment
    • Jennifer Coolidge, The White Lotus
    • Viola Davis, The First Lady
    • Kaitlyn Dever, Dopesick
    • Ming-Na Wen, The Book of Boba Fett
    • Jameela Jamil, She-Hulk

SUPPORTING ACTOR

• O-T Fagbenle, The First Lady
    • Nick Offerman, Pam & Tommy
    • Clive Owen, Impeachment
    • Daniel Rigby, Landscapers
    • Seth Rogen, Pam & Tommy
    • Paul Rudd, The Shrink Next Door
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Unless her role is significantly reduced in the adaptation, there is no way Michelle Dockery misses the nomination if Sienna Miller and Naomi Scott get in for Anatomy of a Scandal.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I was so bummed when I read about this yesterday. It sounded like such a great role for Natalie and it would have been such an easy Emmy win (as a producer). I hope she’s okay though and that she’s able to film something else non-Marvel sometime this year.

This is very interesting. Sydney is have a total clusterfuck of covid cases with a fucking incompetent state government. They have been in full lockdown for 6 weeks and is likely to be months ahead as our vaccination rates are woeful due to our also fucking incompetent federal government. I have wondered about all the celebs who rocked up when things were great Down Under. I have no doubt they are pissing off back to LA now that the chips are down. I’m 100% sure Portman didn’t want to stay in Sydney and this is why she’s bailed on the production. She already upset a lot of Australians after bringing her mother in for a visit when there are tens of thousands of Australians stranded overseas who can’t get a place in the strictly limited and mandatory hotel quarantine system.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:
    puck05
    Topics:

I’m sure Michelle Dockery will be great in Anatomy of a Scandal but can we really trust David E. Kelley after The Undoing?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I’m sure Michelle Dockery will be great in Anatomy of a Scandal but can we really trust David E. Kelley after The Undoing?

For as trash as The Undoing became, it still Grant an acting nom. Unless AoaS is a pure commercial like Big Sky or Big Shot, it’ll probably get an acting nom somewhere, especially since it’s now got the potential to be a widely scene audience hit thanks to Netflix (an advantage his only recent snubbees Mr. Mercedes or Goliath didn’t have).

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

This is very interesting. Sydney is have a total clusterfuck of covid cases with a fucking incompetent state government. They have been in full lockdown for 6 weeks and is likely to be months ahead as our vaccination rates are woeful due to our also fucking incompetent federal government. I have wondered about all the celebs who rocked up when things were great Down Under.

Yeah, I’m in Sydney, it’s terrible (35x the cases of any other state). Australian lockdowns are pretty restrictive and are not the same as American/UK ones. I feel like I’m in a constant state of agitation and it feels very doom and gloom here. Victoria went back in to lockdown today., and they’re making it hard for Aussies to even travel in and out.

From what I can tell most production that can be moved out of Australia appears to have been but there is an increase in picking up local stuff for distribution. South Australia seems to be the only place that has significant American-invested TV left (I think AMC, Hulu and HBO) and I suspect that’s because they have extremely low cases and a government less interested in political grandstanding.

Also notably – Australia’s lockdown status is probably going to affect Lord of The Rings  as they no longer have the travel bubble they did. LoTR wrapped almost to the day they dropped that and I have heard they are doing pick ups in the UK.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I feel more confident here than in <i>Nine Perfect Strangers</i> if I’m honest. It has a much baitier subject matter, the book is tonally different from <i>The Undoing</i>’s source material and Kelley hasn’t solely written this one (he’s co-written it with a writer from House of Cards and The Americans) which makes me confident it will be quite different from Kelley’s recent works with Kidman.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

For as trash as The Undoing became, it still Grant an acting nom. Unless AoaS is a pure commercial like Big Sky or Big Shot, it’ll probably get an acting nom somewhere, especially since it’s now got the potential to be a widely scene audience hit thanks to Netflix (an advantage his only recent snubbees Mr. Mercedes or Goliath didn’t have).

I suspect the pure commercial Kelley for Netflix is The Lincoln Lawyer, which wrapped last week and they did within about 10 weeks or something

Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

Benedict Cumberbatch and Jessica Chastain Enter Oscar Race with TIFF Award Tributes

Jessica Chastain getting Oscar buzz and making sure she gets in next year’s Emmys and we’re all here for it

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/08/jessica-chastain-oscar-race-tiff-award-tribute-1234655920/ Jessica Chastain getting Oscar buzz and making sure she gets in next year’s Emmys and we’re all here for it

Well it worked well in the end for last year’s honouree…

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

<i>The Pursuit of Love</i> is not happening in any shape or form (outside of maybe BAFTA) but I would LOVE Emily Beecham to get recognised somewhere (outside of Cannes) at some point for something. Underrated thespian.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

but I would LOVE Emily Beecham to get recognised somewhere (outside of Cannes) at some point for something. Underrated thespian.

have you looked in to 1899 for Netflix? Multilingual production currently filming and using Mandalorian style tech in Germany (probably 2023) by the creators of Dark. They have had a few images released super early so may well be an Emmys push. Beecham and Aneurin Barnard are the English leads.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories’ is closed to new replies.