Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 500 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

That’s good enough for Kidman to get noms especially if it’s an audience hit

I only read one review so take it with a grain of salt but that review said that Kidman was underutilized and kind of kept from the audience while the other characters were more fleshed out despite her being the lead.
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/reviews/nine-perfect-strangers-review-1235035514/

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

“It’s always amusing when two TV shows pop up at the same time with the same basic concept… but the differences can also be instructive. After The White Lotus premiered just last month on HBO, now Hulu’s new drama Nine Perfect Strangers also follows a crew of mismatched strangers as they get more than they bargained for on an idyllic resort getaway.

But while The White Lotus explores this concept with subtle, character-based humor, Nine Perfect Strangers — premiering Wednesday, Aug. 18; I’ve seen the first four episodes — opts for a clumpy mix of broad comedy, soppy drama and psychological horror that borders on campy. If The White Lotus is 30 Rock, then Nine Perfect Strangers is Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: not “good,” exactly, and definitely way overblown, but still watchable in its own strange way.”

Nine Perfect Strangers Review: Hulu’s Spa Retreat Is a Campy, Confused Mess

He didn’t like any of the other actors storyline, he did like Kidman and her camp, he said that if the show was all about her, it would be better.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

That’s good enough for Kidman to get noms especially if it’s an audience hit

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-undoing

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-undoing

And she got a GG and SAG nomination…

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Yeah i didn’t see that you said nomS instead of nom. Whatever the Globes still are and SAG could happen (though I’m not betting on it at this point with Impeachment and Marr already there).

also, it is interesting that we think of how big of a commercial success the Undoing was and Nicole still missed to Cynthia, which really felt like a nobody cares show.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

The White Lotus has so much buzz, I think it’ll be a major contender.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I hope so, Winter awards you have one job.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I tread lightly saying this because it is NOT equivalent in acclaim, nor does it have a star making auter performance at its center, and nor is it as groundbreaking or relevant on any scale whatsoever, BUT, it is the word of mouth hit of the summer that started small until it felt like everyone was watching by the finale, which does remind me of I May Destroy You.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I tread lightly saying this because it is NOT equivalent in acclaim, nor does it have a star making auter performance at its center, and nor is it as groundbreaking or relevant on any scale whatsoever, BUT, it is the word of mouth hit of the summer that started small until it felt like everyone was watching by the finale, which does remind me of I May Destroy You.

There are obviously quite a few differences in format and genre but I think it’s an apt comparison between the two. I haven’t even seen The White Lotus yet but I honestly can’t escape memes and tweets about the show on my timeline. Just like I May Destroy You it seems to have come out of nowhere and built up a raw amount of buzz (of course The White Lotus has a more high profile cast but it’s not like Mare of Easttown or Sharp Objects where there was a lot of pre-hype beforehand due to the star-power and pedigree).

I think HBO will have a similarly sized limited series slate to the one they had this year (especially with all the behind the scenes drama that seems to be taking place on the set of The White House Plumbers and the possibility of a change in director). The White Lotus being their summer show, Scenes From a Marriage being their autumn one and Landscapers being their spring one. The test for The White Lotus will be how well it performs at the guilds season just like it was for I May Destroy You. It seems to be a shoo-in for a WGA nomination (will be interesting to see it go head to head with Mare of Easttown considering how bland the long form – original category has been these past few years) but can it garner a nomination at SAG for say Cooolidge or Britton? And will it be able to get in at DGA with their bias towards HBO? If it manages to seal these nominations alongside a few from the secondary guilds like I May Destroy You did then it will only continue to build hype that can result in it being a bonafide contender (at least in nominations).

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

SAG is gonna be hard (near impossible?) for Coolidge or Britton in the catch all leading categories especially when they’re up against Kate, Jessica, and Impeachment. I won’t hold that potentially obvious miss against the show, but Bartlett on the other hand could make sense. Also, if maybe this year SAG decides to add limited ensemble (and it would make sense for that change to happen this year with its potential for profile growth in the Globes’ absense) that would hopefully be an easy get.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Also, if maybe this year SAG decides to add limited ensemble

It’s kind of silly they don’t have this category at this point. I can understand why but Mrs. America and I May Destroy You had more deserving ensembles than most of the comedy and drama ensemble nominees last year.

FYC:

Profile picture
    samy.chrr
    Topics:

New teaser for Impeachment

I fear Sarah Paulson and Beanie Feldstein are coming to sweep

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

New teaser for Impeachment https://twitter.com/acsfx/status/1425510266368794630?s=21

They definitely look like co-leads here.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Not going to let it diminish my expectations for the series but I hated that new teaser

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

New teaser for Impeachment
    https://twitter.com/acsfx/status/1425510266368794630?s=21
    I fear Sarah Paulson and Beanie Feldstein are coming to sweep

I honestly preferred the first teaser ngl. Paulson looks great but Beanie… yeah, idk.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories’ is closed to new replies.